Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,561 to 37,580 of 96,487

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I had quite a few I'm eyeing. Original paper mario, partners in time, Yoshis story, castlevania Dracula X to name a few. Ill prob grab all the Mario advance games, all the dkc games ( only dkc1 left to buy), new super Mario bros, and the Kirby games. There's actually quite a bit i still want. Might even need to grab a bigger usb thumb drive. The wii u could be the last chance at all these classics so I really want to take advantage. I might even grab fire emblem or golden Sun, 2 franchises I've never played.

@hobbitgamer noiceeeee... its pretty addictive so good luck playing anything else lol

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Your reasoning to pick
up those VC games is similar to mine. While I don't think Nintendo is going to shut down the Wii U eShop within the next couple of months, I also don't think it'll be open as long as the Wii Shop Channel was. I'm also giving it about two years. I THINK my remaining disk space will hold out, but we'll see. XD

Both classic GBA Fire Emblem titles on the eShop are great. There was actually a third GBA game, Binding Blade (and the first to release), but that didn't make it out of Japan. Fire Emblem for GBA (known as Blazing Sword/Blade is related to that missing title but can definitely be played without it. Sacred Stones has a standalone story.

Both Golden Sun games are great (though I'd argue they aren't top-tier) RPGs. Play the first one before picking up the second; The Lost Age is a direct sequel. In fact, both were supposed to be one huge game, but cartridge limitations at the time required it to become two games. I've had a lot of fun with both.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yep my concern is that It maybe has 2 years left, if That. The last thing I'd want to do is have to drop $100 at one time before the eshop closes on the games I don't want to miss out on. With that said, 1-2 per month aught to make it easier.

And good to know regarding FE and GS

@Eel made the kids Salisbury steak tonight since you reminded me how easy of a dinner it is to make šŸ˜‚

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I feel like a wrestler changing his gimmick as I know Iā€™ve done my part to be known as ā€œbeer lovin guyā€, but itā€™s only for 30 reflective days to re evaluate how it fits in my life. Post college, I was never really a weeknight drinker, but itā€™s become that way since our second child. Probably a bit unnecessary. I donā€™t feel itā€™s an addiction so much as a routine, so time to disrupt the routine.

@NintendoByNature - Oh man, Beer Fest is a blast from the past! I used to love that movie, and youā€™re totally right; it takes at least a six pack to get through it because you just want to join in with them.

@Tyranexx - I may have been able to stash a Switch away from November to Christmas, but no way I could resist gifting it to myself Christmas morning, if only for the nostalgia of opening a Nintendo console on Christmas morning.

@Eel - I love my Wonder Boom! It has such great sound for its little size, and a charge lasts forever. Iā€™d definitely turn around to get it if I left it behind.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, trust me, the first thing you'll do, whether you want to or not, is explore. It's just what the game entices you to do, with all its "you can go anywhere and do anything from scratch" shenanigans...

The thing that so struck me is that it's a Zelda game, and it caught me not with that, but with doing the mundanest of things (well, horse catching aside, maybe), that wouldn't even be out of place in a simple game like Animal Crossing, but the big difference is that this is what Animal Crossing is all about, whereas Zelda is obviously not. And yet, it works, and it teases you, pulls you in, and you just do it.

Later on, I obviously did get into the story, but even in that, I still got side tracked a lot, but bottom line is that I didn't even mind, because all of it was enjoyable. Some things more than others, and adapting to environments can be annoying sometimes, especially if you don't have the right items in your inventory, in which case you simply need to get the hell out of there, but all in all, I really, REALLY enjoyed the time I had with it. And all of that reminds me that I really should pick up where I left some time in the near future, before I actually forget where it exactly was that I last left...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee 6er at least šŸ˜‚. I cracked open my first of the night. First I've had of this guy. Dos Equis Mexican pale ale

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ha, I know that feeling, from my boiler room days, when I was but a wee salesman...
Beers every night, under the guise of supposedly having to celebrate something, whether that be a a sale or another thing that could potentially be labeled as a "success".

But I tip my hat to you and your wife, if you manage to stick with it for a month, since if you're used to it, that might not be as easy as you might be thinking right now. So, good luck, and I'm curious to find out how you've experienced it all at the end of it, so be sure to give us an update around that time.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Um...
I want to ask the difference between these games.
Untitled

Untitled
I heard the Valencia Circuit edition (with Yellow strip) basically a code to redeem. Is that true ?
Since i don't play PS3 Online, should i pick the Standard edition without Valencia Circuit DLC ?
Btw, by default it has only 11 countries, right ?

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Sixer minimum. I forgot to mention earlier that the Sierra Nevada tree is pretty cool, itā€™s just very large. It broke down into a nice stack of cardboard though. I admired it many times through the holiday season, and it felt like life was throwing me a bone when I walked in and they were taking it down. I would have been an idiot to not take it.

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, ā€œI cold called a potential client today, and they didnā€™t blow me off! I might get a meeting next week, this calls for a beer, letā€™s gooooo!ā€ Iā€™ll definitely let you know how the abstaining goes. Iā€™m kind of looking forward to it, just to mix it up a bit. My wife has done it before, and only drinks on weekends, so sheā€™ll be fine. Sheā€™s off three Fridays a month, so Thursday does count as an extra weekend night most of the time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah, so the missus is already on board with the ThanosReXXX weekend-only drinking program.
Good for her. Once you're settled in as well, we can finally talk about that future trip to Amsterdam and only visiting bars on Saturdays...

TheFrenchiestFry

Solo: A Star Wars Story's original soundtrack is probably the most underrated Star Wars OST of all time
It's honestly the best Star Wars OST not composed by John Williams

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Eel

@bimmy-lee it was my highlight Christmas gift this year!

It's certainly impressively loud. Wonderfully boomy, one could say.

It's a gen 1, but from what I hear gen 2 is not that much different. Still, I may invest in a gen 2 and use them together. One day.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I think I'll spread my purchases out over time too. With what I currently want - and that's definitely subject to change - I'm probably looking at $50-$60 in Wii U VC purchases. I used to rely on My Nintendo for an occasional discount as it would occasionally offer a percentage off of a game I wanted, but the only offers are for 3DS games now.

@bimmy-lee I really wanted to dig into it Christmas morning, but unfortunately that day is always a marathon away from my own home; I'm typically gone for the whole day and knew I wouldn't have time to enjoy it. I DID drag the box out of my closet that day, if only to look at the nice V2 Switch box.

@ThanosReXXX If I recall, some interviews and news coverage leading up to and after BotW's release mentioned that it was, in essence, a sort of modern remake of the very first Legend of Zelda and how it was intended to be. I've heard there's some story to this one but intentionally don't know the specifics; there's definitely less than previous series entries.

I think I really will enjoy the game; the only thing I think I'll miss are full-blown dungeons, but the shrines should help scratch that itch a little.

You'll also need to remind me not to put down the game for TOO long if I don't play it from start to finish....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Btw, can someone help me about F1 Race Stars PS3 on previous page ?

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

I see they done the best gameboy games on NL ( top 50 )i don't believe battletoads wasn't in it.. Nnaagghh that was not a great top 50, I think

Ninfan

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter I don't think I played f1 race stars , but I did have a ps3. Did you ever play little bit planet on ps3 . It's not bad.

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic