Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,441 to 37,460 of 96,490

HobbitGamer

@klingki I jump between normal and easy. I’ve bumped up me credit, hp, and energy points and that seems to have helped

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NotTelevision

@Anti-Matter I sort of get were you are coming from. I just see mature rated video games as escapism as well. Doom and Resident Evil are prime examples of that. If you don’t see that material as satisfying, then that’s all fine and good, but I don’t see much of a difference between taking down a room of zombies and Mario jumping on a bunch of goobas heads. If you are well-adjusted then I can’t see much harm in the former. Does it actually have a different effect psychologically? Perhaps it does. But from my point of view they just present players with two different types of “toy boxes” (both childlike in that way) and ask the player to complete objectives.

Beyond that, I think you’ve conflated the idea of maturity with things that are not actually mature. It’s not a rating on a box, but the deeper sense of reflecting on ones past and future in a way that you wouldn’t do as a child. You also don’t like the same things you liked when you were more naive or “immature”. I’d bet that. So I’d argue we are all mature to a degree and that’s something that’s just an inevitability. It’s not something to be scared of or run away from.

Cheers man and Happy 2020. That’s soon in Indonesia now.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

Hello from 2020 people of the past! Happy New Year!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Happy New Year! Oh man, what is it liiiiike in the new decade?!? Do we all finally learn how to do hadoukens?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

Happy New year's guys and gals. Hope everyone stays safe and has fun. Enjoy time with friends and family, and make some memories. Make the drinks flow, and friendships grow!

@Heavyarms55 am I finally able to break the world record speed run for SMB1 in 2020?

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee fine...fine....but what if its already too late and it's set in stone? Only heavyarms knows the true answer.

NintendoByNature

Eel

It's 10 am here.

Also it seems there has been a bit of oversharing around here... Let's try not to.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Yo, you still have 12 hours to go to 2020.
Here in West Indonesia Time already celebrated 2020 just now.

Anti-Matter

Toy_Link

After spending years on the internet, finally someone has threatened to sue me!

LoveEmpath wrote:

@Toy_Link also don't copy anything I say without emailing me first otherwise I'll have no choice but to sue you for slander. Have a day

And yes I am quoting the comment just to see if he/she will threaten me again. I don’t consider anything in my original comment slander, I only used the quotes for context purposes to disagree with OP’s opinion on accessibility in games.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Zuljaras

@Toy_Link I told that person that it is not illegal to quote on a public forum. Also people seems to think that taking a photo or filming them in public space without consent is illegal.

Well they learn new things every day.

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Happy New Year! What's it like so far? There's gonna be hovercars in the 2020s, right?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ryu_Niiyama

@Toy_Link How is it slander if that is what they said?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Toy_Link

@Zuljaras @Eel Thanks for defusing the situation

Also I have to degree with LoveTosue @Zuljaras, you have a great profile picture. Makes me long for a Symphony of the Night rerelease on Switch.

@Ryu_Niiyama
No idea, maybe they thought that suing me for slander would scare me? Is the definition of slander, very broad in the UK? I don't know and it really doesn't matter as even if he/she found some way to sue me, it wouldn't be worth it.

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

NintendoByNature

Theres been another lovely person in the switch being the most fragile product in France article. Seems like they created an account just to stir trouble

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Man, this thread exploded since I last checked it lol. Happy New Year everyone! Still just over 11 hours left of 2019 here.

There do seem to be a couple of troll accounts around lately. I wonder what it feels like to be that bored.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

So, I'm on my phone, so I'll just post a quick message. Happy New Year, one and all. Take care with fireworks if you got any, don't overdo the drinks and foods (too much), and enjoy the time you spend with your family and/or friends.

See you all on the other side of 2019... 😉

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic