Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 96,526

GuSolarFlare

well it was really laid back day.... time to sleep, gotta wake up early and fill some more bags/boxes with my stuff for the moving day(it's in 9 days very close to christmas good time to go to a new house huh?)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

sugarpixel

Alright guys, I think I have our next official Chit-Chat contest: the Awkward Family Photos Contest!
Untitled
Just head on down to awkwardfamilyphotos.com and pick out what you think is the best! Whoever finds the funniest picture wins! (keep it SFW of course, though)

Ready? Set? Go!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

@Gioku But what if we have our own awkward family photos that we want to share, would that count

Also happy Saturday the 14th, on this special day, Fred Rechid goes into the dreams of Fryers and revs them up.

Also, it's snowing, here's some holiday snowing music............just cause.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

sugarpixel

@SheldonRandoms: Haha, I suppose if you really want to, lol.

Also, tomorrow I will film A Very Bumpity Christmas! I've borrowed a really creepy-looking singing Santa Claus plush toy from my Grandma to use in it - it's gonna be awesome!

Also just posted this on my channel; it was made by my friends and I thought it was amazing! have a look if you'd like~

Edited on by sugarpixel

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

HappyHappyist

GuardianKing wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

So I decided to take up piano yesterday.

Untitled

I've been doing piano for almost a decade now, and I can safely say it isn't as fun as I thought it'd be...

i dabble a bit in piano. i'm self taught, because i can't find or afford a teacher, but its pretty fun and neat. i have musical experience. i play trumpet and erhu (also self-taught. cant find or afford a teacher). erhu is sort of like a violin, except it only has two strings and it's chinese.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

GuardianKing wrote:

@TheOneHacker It's called a Hu Qin in English (I'm Chinese, and I know my parents know how to play/own one).

my story with the erhu is a sad one. i first heard about it on this website! i found it on the music forum. https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/a_music... .
it begins on post #1,193. KAHN (really miss this user) perked my interest in the instrument. at the time, i wasn't a user, so he asked the question for me, in a way. what followed was a discussion with user @MidnightSky , and i was convinced to buy the erhu. so i instantly fell in love, and ordered one all the way from China. i started playing, i had no experience. i bought beginner lessons online at learnerhu.com for $100, and i made some progress, but it only got me so far. i know a little bit about how to play it. i'd call myself musically talented,but i can't keep self-teaching. i began looking for a teacher, but alas, no one in my local area can help me (no surprise there, it's not popular in America). and i'm only 14, so there's only so much i can do.

EDIT: i found the original thread and post for the erhu! https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/a_music...
it begins on post #1,193. KAHN (really miss this user) perked my interest in the instrument. at the time, i wasn't a user, so he asked the question for me, in a way. what followed was a discussion with user @MidnightSky , and i was convinced to buy the erhu.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

GuardianKing wrote:

@TheOneHacker That's what happens with a lot of archaic Chinese arts; they've been kept alive for so long because they're so far from western conventions/traditions.

it really is a beautiful instrument,but as of now it is collecting dust because i don't know what to do with it now. i really want to play it, but i can't fully appreciate it without knowing how to play it.

Blue blue.

Mickey

@Gioku Charming and positively dripping with personality as usual for a Bumpity short. Great work, Bro!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

sugarpixel

@Metroidlink @Mickey @Nathan_Wv10 Thank you guys so much! I'm glad you all liked it!

...I need to stop reading things about/looking at pictures of the 2DS... the more I see it the more I want it, so if I don't end up getting it for Christmas... I'll be so disappointed... I keep having dreams about it too, lol (although for some reason in my dream it was able to close).

I just really want to be able to play games with my little sister! That's been my dream, like, forever!

GuSolarFlare

so, my cousin came to my home these days(he's still here) and thanks to him I've decided to pick Pokémon Y this christmas(he has Pokémon X and is the only person I know to play locally, since we both like multiplayer more than single player I'll go with Pokémon Y, plus I'll be able to get Blazikenite XD, and he will get MH3U)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic