Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,301 to 37,320 of 96,526

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee lol, mines not so much fun. It's called cheap cheap liquors. Wana know the kicker? They're the most expensive, but they got the best selection near my home so that's where I go. Not sure what I'll grab. My typical, Pieroni, mich ultra, or Coors? Or if I'm feeling a little spicier, might grab some Sam Adams..havent planned it out yet.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

Been crazy Christmas busy for days and just finally got back to the thread! If i don't chat with you guys in the next few days, have a very merry Christmas! Also note I'm giving myself Sw/Sh for Christmas, so if you don't see me for the next month, i may or may not be (will be) in witness protection as a result. Maybe i need an alt account "PokeTRAINer"..... As a disguise, you know?

@HobbitGamer Meh, criss cross apple sauce is Alright, but if you Warm It Up it's Da Bomb.

@ThanosReXXX I have been summoned.
I suppose I'm much the same on and offline. If I'm ever on trial by media, they'll say "he was the quiet type" and everyone will assume I'm guilty of whatever serial killing was being accused . But if you get me started with magic words like "trains" "trial by media" "serial killing" or "tater tots" then I'll never shut up

@zuljaras sorry for the belated reply... Crazy Christmas schedule right now! Crazy like the quiet type that kills cereal...heh. hehe. ehe he ehe. Ahem.

Anyway, the sculpture of great, and I'd cherish it not just because it's a quality Nintendo sculpture, but largely just because of the random act of kindness behind it from someone nice! But, it occurred to me that I've never been comfortable revealing real world information to forum goers in general (with one exception years ago where a group was getting together to review a new piece of equipment and the prototype was being shipped from member to member. What i ended up getting out of that is a lifetime subscription to the weirdest la la Land political figure's mailing list..... I mean the real nuts if the political spectrum over here.... ). So my one exception turned out having been folley....

Not personal, mind you, i don't believe you'd abuse any personal info at all, but things on the internet have a habit of finding their way back in odd ways... So sadly must decline, but i really appreciate the offer, and i admit I'll feel sad about this moment any time i see a Sandshrew..... Maybe with dexit, GF will keep him out permanently

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia Ah ok You could always ask for it again if you change your mind.

Also for safety reasons we could try sending it through Ebay or sometging like that. But I will not push it.

I will keep Sandshrew safe and focus on other crafty stuff

EDIT:
Just finished the 2nd Run mode of Resident Evil 2 Remake. Damn hands down the best game of 2019! Now I wait for 3 Remake!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX That's extremely weird. Why on Earth would anyone want to do that? What kinds of things are they saying? The profile picture just screams troll account. How desperate does someone have to be to try and parody me? I'm not even exactly active on this site that much anymore.

[edit] Okay looking at his comments, he is clearly a very specific kind of politically motivated troll. And frankly I can't believe Nintendolife is allowing the kind of racist, obviously instigating and meant to provoke comments he is making. Maybe he just picked my username to parody at random. Which is honestly even more pathetic.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Quarth

GOD JUL, everyone!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Haha, I figured as much. And I see you've handily taken the opportunity to squeeze in trains...
But you've been summoned before, so you weren't really paying attention. Also got the Holiday fever/bug/jitters?

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, he's weird, and I've no idea why anyone would do that, but here it is. Never even looked at his comments that extensively, though. With what you've now told me, I find it weird, though. If you look at his profile, and right click on his background picture, and then select "View Background Image", then you'll see the whole of the cut-off picture that he used for that, and it contains a comment that seems to be the exact opposite of what you've found.

But you could always give the admins a heads up if it really bothers you, which I could totally understand.

@Quarth For dig altså...
(I suppose you'll get that, since Swedish and Danish is similar enough, and I don't speak Swedish)

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

It’s probably going to get pretty Christmas-y around here for the next 36 to 48 hours. Assuming I’ll be swept up into the vortex, I’ll just say happy holidays to everyone right now. Whatever you’re celebrating, I hope it’s a great one.

@NintendoByNature - Haha, I’d be drawn to Cheap Cheap as well, if only for the name. My local place has the best beer selection in town, and they throw a big, all day party on Christmas Eve. They give out samples of different products, have raffles and drawings, and one of the radio stations broadcasts from there all day. It’s pretty fun. I usually stop by, but I don’t think I’ll make it this year. I hope it’s a nice couple days for you and your family. We decided to set the mom and dad gifts under the tree early this year (with all the gifts from Santa stashed away for now), and it’s driving my kids crazy. It may have backfired though, because it’s made their imaginations run wild. My daughter is now convinced a long box full of plastic dinosaurs is actually a saxophone!

@ThanosReXXX - I’m a talker too. Always got in trouble over it in grade school. I’m not as good translating conversation to text, otherwise I’d be capable of more text walls as well. Haha, I get what you’re saying about occasionally needing emojis to properly frame your directness, but personally, I can always see the well meaning in your intent; regardless of how you’re expressing it. Sounds like you have at least one nice party to attend, and I hope it’s a good time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee merry feliz happy holidays to you too,my man. I hope the kids have a good one. It's too bad you aren't making your way to the annual party this year. It sounds great. We just call the liquor store "expensive expensive" even though it doesn't have a nice ring to it. I call it as I see it though 😂. In all seriousness, enjoy your time today and tomorrow.

I hope everyone here has a great holiday, and spends quality time with their loved ones. The NBN's wish you all the best!

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

In Indonesia, Merry Christmas is Selamat Hari Natal.
Too bad, i don't celebrate Christmas because i am not Christian or Catholic.
But anyway, today (24 Dec 2019) is my 2nd Anniversary of my Nintendo Switch purchase. 😀

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter "Too bad, i don't celebrate Christmas because i am not Christian or Catholic."

You don't have to be Christian or Catholic to celebrate Christmas. The objective is to be with your family and have fun. Exchange gifts etc.

I am a Hardcore atheist and I celebrate Christmas.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Oh, I will. Me and my dad don't need much more than some good food and some drinks to have a two man party, so throw in some good series or movie and we're good. And the next day, we go all out at my sister's place, who is quite the excellent cook, so dinner's going to be great.

Happy Holidays to you as well, and have a great time.

@Anti-Matter Celebrating Christmas has nothing to do with being religious, otherwise I wouldn't be celebrating it either. It's for all people, and it's just about being with your family and friends, sharing a good meal and drinks, and giving gifts, but whatever.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

And of course, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever other feast you're having to all of you.

Celebrate it, have fun, have some great food, have a couple (or a bunch) of good drinks, and enjoy the company of whomever you're with. And here's hoping we can trade great stories afterwards. Perhaps even about the great games we've received (or gifted ourselves)...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Happy regular Tuesday and Wednesday then dude, and Happy Switchaversary. I hope when your next holiday comes up, it’s a good one.

@NintendoByNature - Same to you and yours. I was pulling for the Vikes for you last night, but Cousins was just miserable. They need healthy Cook to make the offense go. They’re getting a wild card though, and it’s starting to look like a NO rematch in the first round is likely.

@ThanosReXXX - Sounds like a nice couple days! May the food and drinks be plentiful, and spirits bright. Cheers.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

1UP_MARIO

Happy holidays Nintendolifers.
With family, friends and all you meet.
Have a great one.
Be safe, be in control and look after yourself.
Best wishes

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Spirits will probably be strong and inebriating, knowing my family. Some might even be hidden in the Christmas dishes or deserts...

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee thanks dude. I ended up gaming instead of watching so i found out this morning. The packers are somehow making it that's beyond my understanding. A rematch with NO though will be epic. I'm really looking forward to it.

NintendoByNature

Eel

@Heavyarms55 and who is this troll. I seriously can't find any comment that mentions them before yours.

Keep in mind I'm on vacation so I haven't been checking the site regularly, and I don't really frequent the main site that much to begin with, so if you guys have any tips on problematic users, please do share.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Have you checked his profile already, then? He's been around for a bit, and I've already noticed him in several comments sections, which is why I notified @Heavyarms55, because of the just too similar username, which in no way could be any kind of coincidence.

Here ya go:
https://www.nintendolife.com/users/HeavyArmsSS

ThanosReXXX

@Eel You're welcome.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic