Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 96,298

Metroidlink

Gioku wrote:

This was the best thing I ever got from Nintendo Video:

Unfortunately, the only way I could find it was somebody recording it off of their 3DS, but... it was amazing.

lol I agree best advertisment ever!!

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

GuSolarFlare

Metroidlink wrote:

Gioku wrote:

This was the best thing I ever got from Nintendo Video:

Unfortunately, the only way I could find it was somebody recording it off of their 3DS, but... it was amazing.

lol I agree best advertisment ever!!

I love those Mr. Download videos! my favorite is that one the boy is playing with the doll

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SheldonRandoms

Hey paisanos, it's the super terrible Christmas specials (and I got two today)

Super Mario Bros. Super Show: Koopa Klaus/Little Mario's: If you know about this show, then you pretty much know it's cheesiness, and I decided to watch the full thing, including the live-action segments. The cartoon starts with Mario and the gang ending up in the North pole, because Toad took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, and where were they going? Why of course, Hawaii Land, because you know, everyplace has land in it. I live in New York Land, where one apple has eaten all of our supply of mega mushrooms. Princess Toadstool then gives Toad an early Christmas present, a snowboard, because giving a gift made for the snow would be great to use in a place called Hawaii Land. They later find out that King Koopa has kidnapped Santa Claus (just cause) and has frozen his workshop where the toys at. They chase after King Koopa, yadda, yadda, yadda, and eventfully save him. The whole spirit of Christmas doesn't come in into the end, and oh boy, do they really show. remember when I said that Santa's workshop is frozen, well it's still frozen. You would think that Mario and Luigi would just find a fire flower and there you go, but no, they don't do that, they just give up, Christmas is cancelled. Toad then gives Santa his snowboard, and Santa says that Toad has shown him the true spirit of Christmas, that it fills him with the warm spirit of Christmas (wait, wut?). The Live action part..........had nothing to do with Christmas at all (That's all i'm going to say, if you want to find out what it was about, Youtube it). Overall, the cheese is monster.

Here'z another 1

I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown: I keep hearing that this is terrible, so I watched it, and............It's alright, but compared to it's 1965 predecessor, it's just bland, and doesn't capture the Christmas spirit that well, if not at all, it took place during Christmas, so there you go, Christmas special. The plot is centered around Rerun, the little brother of Linus and Lucy, and for pretty much the whole movie, he keeps complaining that he wants a dog. Charlie Brown was barley in this, he appeared sometimes, but mostly appeared at the door when Rerun kept asking for Snoopy too play with him. All and all, this special is mediocre, and you'll want to watch the 1965 Christmas special instead, cause that one is better.

Current list.
0. Shrek the halls.
1. A very Digi Christmas.
2. Christmas come to Pac-Land
3. The Fat Albert Christmas Special
4. We Wish You a Turtle Christmas
5. Frosty Returns
6. Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas
7. Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
8. Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey
9. Super Mario Bros. Super Show: Koopa Klaus/Little Mario's
10. I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown

Current ranking.
1. Frosty Returns
2. A very Digi Christmas
3. We Wish You a Turtle Christmas
4. Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey
5. Super Mario Bros. Super Show: Koopa Klaus/Little Mario's
6.Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas
7. Shrek the Halls
8. Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
9. I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown
10. Christmas comes to Pac-Land
11. The Fat Albert Christmas Special

The worse is yet toooooooooo come over here and be like "REV UP THOSE FRYERS"

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

sugarpixel

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Charlie Brown was barley in this...

Charlie Brown was barley?

Email from Nintendo wrote:

We wanted to let you know that your reward order has been shipped.

Your reward order was shipped via US Mail and will take 4-10 business
days for delivery.

Yay! My Club Nintendo Platinum Reward posters have been shipped!
And in my experience, Club Nintendo rewards usually ship to me by the next day (or sometimes two days), not 4-10, like it always says. So I might have my posters tomorrow!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

@Gioku It's good to know tha your acutally reading whatever I type herez

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GuSolarFlare

so.... after trying to recreate tetris on game maker and getting something that at least worked. I got inspired I'll make my own puzzle battle game(Like Pokémon Puzzle league but with completely different mechanics)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku you know when I said it worked? well it has the mechanics but it's impossible to control properly basically it's halfway done but I had that flash in a moment and decided to jump into the new idea ASAP

my Backloggery

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku sure! but it'll take a while the internet in my house has some terrible upload speed(and today it is acting up)
so in the last test I noticed I forgot making the new tetris pieces appear.... dhow could I make such a mistake it's like the core of the game!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

ThePirateCaptain

So I decided to take up piano yesterday. It's going to take a lot of practice, but I'd like to do some video game covers eventually.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku of course you've shown me Game Maker, I want you to be the first to try my game

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@Nathan_Wv10: It's a really awesome program you can use to make games! I'm planning on using it to make games professionally, because it's really intuitive and I've been using it for nearly 7 years now, and it (now) has the capability to be used to create games professionally! You can check it out here.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Nathan_Wv10

@Gioku Thanks man, I will definitely look into it, as this is the first time I have come across this. Nice to hear that you are interested in making games, I am currently doing a Games Development Course at college but have only really looked into Flash so far. I was able to make a little collectables game for my course, which wasn't very good but it was a start We are starting to look into UDK and Blender at the moment and I will definitely take a look at this Game Maker as it sounds real interesting.

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

sugarpixel

@Nathan_Wv10: yeah yeah, Game Maker is awesome! The programming language it uses is very similar to C++, so that's really helpful. You can even do a lot more with Game Maker if you know C++ - you can write DLL files that can be used as extras with Game Maker to do basically anything you want - it's really cool! I've programmed with Flash before, and IMHO, it wasn't the greatest. Sure, you can easily use vector graphics and such, but the programming language is not intuitive at all... it's just way over-complicated. But Blender is really cool! I've actually been making some prerendered graphics for Game Maker with it!

Nathan_Wv10

@Gioku It sounds really good and if it's easier to use than Flash I definitely will give it a try. I am struggling with blender a little at the moment but I have only been learning it in college for a few weeks. I am sure soon I will hopefully become a master at it You will have to keep me updated on any projects you work on and i hope you do one day become a success !!

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

sugarpixel

@Nathan_Wv10: I've got a link in my signature you can check out to see what I've been working on (and stay updated with new things I might start in the future) if you want!
vv

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic