Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,061 to 37,080 of 96,305

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx interesting. It's just cold up here. No white stuff for us. Usually we get it before you do ( I believe).

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature That usually seems to be the case. We're just lucky this time, I guess. XD I don't think it's gonna stick around long enough for a white Christmas though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx No snow here either yet. Just cold, cold wind and rain...

As for the museum: they could of course own some mint condition posters, collectible cards, comics, or perhaps some newspaper snippets with comics in them, and these would obviously be sensitive to over-exposure. Could even be board games or anything else made from paper and ink or any other kind of non-weather resistant coloring.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Well, that's one thing that's just not up my street. Animals shouldn't be wearing clothes, except for a leash, and for little dogs maybe something to keep them warm in the colder season, but not as a general purpose accessory. It always makes me think of dress up dolls, and that's not what animals are for.

And most cats that are dressed in whatever type of clothing, tend to topple/roll over or even fall, because it messes with their equilibrium. And even though shoes on cats and dogs can look comical in home videos, I really don't like those either.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

She's very small, and it's winter.

I'm glad she's fine with the clothes, keeps her that tiny by warmer when she's by herself. (After all, she's a cat, and doesn't really like extended cuddling sessions with the dogs)

Of course, had her reaction been a bad one, I would have removed the sweater immediately.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Well, there's always the option to keep her indoors, where she'll probably have a nice, warm, cozy basket of some sort...

EDIT:
Ah, missed your edit. Fair enough, then.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

My dad is absolutely against having pets inside the house. Unreasonably so. He gets very dramatic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Well, then I hope that winter isn't going to be too harsh on your side of the globe, because no cat or even the relatively more sturdy dog should have to endure that type of outdoor living for prolonged periods of time.

Eel

Our winter is probably like your late spring.

It rarely goes below ~7°c, much less in the negatives.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Ah, so never worse than our autumn season then, I suppose. Well, in that case, any dog will live, but I'd still keep my cat indoors regardless...

Anti-Matter

Here in Surabaya, it started rainy season.
But it still quite hot during night time.
Might be the level of humidity.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

Whew, 90% of Christmas shopping is in the bag. Even managed to buy a couple items local. We ended up a bit light on Nintendo goods this year. No Lite or Shield for my kids. The only related items are Mario and Peach ornaments for their Christmas trees.

@Tyranexx @NintendoByNature - No snow here yet, but I usually get the same storms as you both, just a couple hours later. It’s supposed to start here around 10:00. NBN gets the maximum version of every storm with the lake effect.

@ThanosReXXX - Is it weird that my dog wears pants and suspenders? He’s just always done it, we got him that way. We don’t even dress him, he takes care of it himself. I’m not even sure where he comes up with them, he just always seems to have a new set of pants and suspenders when the old ones wear out.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Welcome to Illinois, where it's possible to have all four seasons in a week or less! I wonder where the Rod of Seasons is hidden IRL.

@ThanosReXXX Other than a freak snow last month, that's mostly how it has been here until now. Granted, we're probably paying for the mild winter we had last year in my particular region.

Mint condition collectibles that they may want to preserve did cross my mind. Now I'm also itching to get in there to see if they DO have anything sensitive to light. XD Probably one of the oddities of liking history, particularly where my interests are involved.

@Eel Photogenic pets, especially cats, are definitely appreciated. I usually don't tend to have much luck photographing cats depending on their age and personality. Usually only the older lazy ones are the best subjects in my experience.

@bimmy-lee It's supposed to finally taper off here around midnight/the early morning hours, then start up again mid-morning tomorrow. Besides the snow, I'm far enough south that my area is at some risk for ice, though the amount projected has thankfully been lowered. The trade-off is that there will be more fluffy stuff.

Kudos on finishing most of your Christmas shopping. Barring a Secret Santa gift I need to secure for a late Christmas party next month, I'm finally finished. Now I just need to wrap everything....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

HobbitGamer

It’s gonna be 75F tomorrow here... is ‘snow’ some codeword for something nefarious.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Snow = purge.

@Tyranexx - Nice work yourself then in having your shopping wrapped up. We just have a couple more easy stops to make in the next week, and then it’s totally done. I really enjoy wrapping gifts. We usually do them all in one night, and just make it an annual holiday event. We just started getting little random flakes falling from the sky. Seems like the real snow is at least an hour away.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

It’s gonna be 75F tomorrow here... is ‘snow’ some codeword for something nefarious.

Only if you're allergic to ice and temps below freezing.

@bimmy-lee I'll likely wrap my gifts when I get a free evening this week. Possibly tomorrow night or Tuesday at the rate things are going. The rest of the week is taken up by a small dinner gathering, some obligatory grocery shopping, and Pokemon Go raid shenanigans on Wednesday.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Oh, you...
Perhaps you've got one of them reservoir dogs. Before you know it, he'll be wearing a suit and tie...

@Tyranexx Well, I'd say, don't do anything that might attract too much attention. And you wouldn't want to be known as the woman who ruined some pricey mint condition comic either. Might earn you your 15 minutes of fame, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to get them like that...

HobbitGamer wrote:

is ‘snow’ some codeword for something nefarious.

@HobbitGamer We could ask you the same thing, because I was wondering earlier if "pokeymans or slightly more toxic West Virginia" was also code for something, because it made little sense to me, except for the butchered Pokémon reference...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic