Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,021 to 37,040 of 96,472

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, no matter what, that's still ALL you, and NOT the brand or the console's fault. And besides you already having an extremely limited taste for games in the first place, you're also putting another restriction on yourself by obsessing over wanting to have a white console, instead of whatever is available, making the search even harder, and entirely unnecessary as well, seeing as you can buy replacement shells for just about any console in just about any color you could think of, if you just do a little bit of searching online.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
My Wii U is the only Black color and i cannot stand to see that ugly color.
I don't like Black color for gaming devices because it usually represent Manly / Mature color.
By choosing White color, i made a statement if i am the Opposite.
White is Innocent, White color made my gaming devices like a cute toy, White is completely Anti-Mature for me.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Repeating the same stuff over and over again does not make people care more for it. Actually it could lead to people getting irritated or frustrated by it.

Quote from Far Cry 3:

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same f****** thing... over and over again expecting... s*** to change..."

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Other than that having improved loading times, and ever so slightly better textures, the Wii U version is still where it's at, concerning it being the ultimate version of the game, far as I'm concerned. It's one of those hidden gems where the GamePad actually does add loads of value to the experience of the game as a whole.

By the way: forgot to mention this earlier, but glad your cat is okay. I love cats, and most animals basically,
so I always feel for them when they get hurt in some way.

@Zuljaras Thank you. My thoughts exactly...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

I got Lego Worlds instead, hah.

And yes, little catkins is fine. With her cool notched ear now growing new fuzz.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Good to hear. Did she smell like cat bacon for a while, or just like singed hairs?

Eel

I'm not sure if it actually literally burnt off, but by the time I saw her it had already been about two hours since the accident.

At that time her ears were pink, later in the day they got red. Now it looks ok again, and the cuts are healing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Ah, you know, battle scars. I honestly don't know a single cat that doesn't have at least one.

Tyranexx

I wasn't a big fan of the Xbox One before and around its launch due to some comments that rubbed me the wrong way (covered in-depth elsewhere) as well as a lack of system exclusives that I was interested in. MS has redeemed themselves a bit in my eyes, but.... If I had time for another console, I'd pick up a PS4 over a Xbox One. In any case I'd wait at this point since they're so close to launching the PS5 and GameCube on steroids the Xbox Series X.

@ThanosReXXX Bummer. Seems that site doesn't like Dutch IP addresses. What about this link?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@Eel Basically that, yeah. that's why I don't want them to "win" - Once any of these companies "win" they get obnoxious and make being a customer miserable. Though, with Phil Spencer around I think it will stay on the level. It's once he moves onto something else that it all goes to pot.

Do you see it @ThanosReXXX? Do you SEE it?
"GameCube on steroids"
@Tyranexx knows whats up!

@Tyranexx Yeah, I thought MS would actually sell off the console business around that time. It was pretty bleak and there was no reason to buy the XBox Done. It was weaker, with more anti-consumer policies and no major exclusives. Not much to love there. I went into that E3 waiting for one company or the other to tip me over their fence (I had both 360 and PS3 prior.) By the end of E3 Monday night I pre-ordered two PS4s. Once Spencer took over and brought out the S and X the platform got very interesting quickly and I find it's a more overall elegant platform experience than the otherwise clunky PS4. PS4 has some great exclusives though....

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@Eel - It kind of looked like the hair had been rubbed off in the picture, which could still be a form of a burn. It would only take a second if she was near some sort of belt or pulley. At least, that’s what I imagined when I saw the pic.

@ThanosReXXX - Ah, whoops, I mixed the two up there. Your balcony still sounds like a nice spot for a R&C!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

I’ll be honest, I’m not interested in the new consoles until there’s a fun Fallout or Mass Effect. FO4 and Andromeda were the only reason I even bought an X1, and I kinda regretted it after awhile anyway. Switch has kept me playing largely because of the hybrid nature.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia Console power doesn't do much for me. More fluid gaming is always nice, but what attracts me more than anything else to a console are any exclusives/franchises that I'm interested in.

The anti-consumerism was an issue for me too. Plus the whole "always online" thing and the comments about those with an unreliable/no internet connection sticking with a 360. That was a very real issue for me when I lived with my parents around that time; heck, their "broadband" is a 3 MB/s connection that's slow, oversold, and flaky on weekends.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
Xbox X design for me was like Gigantamax Meowth version of Gamecube machine. 🤣

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer Yeah I’m not sure what the future of Bethesda and BioWare are. 2019 was a very bad year for both. Hope they can rebound next gen, but not holding my breath too hard there.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Tyranexx

Work Christmas party starts in about half an hour. Time to show up in my new Mario Christmas sweater. It's open bar and catered by a decent family-style restaurant that everyone likes, so it should be a fun time!

Not really looking forward to how packed the place is gonna be though....

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx have fun, sip drinks, be merry 😊. We're just going to a steak house near the office next week, and on a Thursday, unfortunately. We can drink and order whatever we want, but it's not a party setting, and more like a company dinner outing. We have a small 7 employee company so theres no need for a big bash, but I wish it was a Friday or Saturday so I can at the very least, have more than 2 drinks 😂

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yup, that link works for me. Interesting stuff, but then again: even without pictures, I already added it to my itinerary, like mentioned a couple of pages ago...

@NEStalgia Of course it is. Please remain seated and calm, sir. The nurse will be right with you...

@bimmy-lee Oh, don't get me wrong: it's still nice to use in the summer, but it's not like you can put an entire table for more than three or four people on it, because it's not big enough to allow people and chairs all around the table, so I'd lose one of the long sides of the table, leaving only the two short sides and one long side. And even that is going to be a tight fit, if we're talking the average decent/comfortable size garden chair and table setups.

I think the size of it is around 10 to 13 feet wide, and between 7 to 8 feet deep. I never took any exact measures, so that was me eyeballing it as we speak...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx The reason to get an XBox this gen is for Game Pass. That is still their strongest selling point. And it is a good selling point. You get a lot of games in the package, and it encourages you to try a lot of different stuff you wouldn’t have otherwise purchased.

Apparently digital purchases I made on the PS4 can be transferred to the PS5, so that is enough for me to choose Sony’s box instead.

If I wasn’t already in the PS “ecosystem”, it would be a tough call though.

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic