Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,001 to 37,020 of 96,511

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, at least you have a deck, and knowing/suspecting the size of them (well, on free-standing houses, at least), it wouldn't even be so bad to have, even without decent railing. Mind you, not at the height I'm living at. Wouldn't want to accidentally fall into the canal from the fourth floor here...

@Tyranexx Wait, WHAT?? There's an ACTUAL Metropolis that has an ACTUAL Superman museum?

Well, guess I'll have to add yet another location to the itinerary. Might as well start calling it a travel location back log, because it's really beginning to amass an almost unachievable number of places...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Oh man, Reading Rainbow; that REALLY takes me back. Loved the show. It deserves at least some credit for my love of reading.

@ThanosReXXX Yep! Complete with a statue and some interesting history. I haven't been there yet as it's a bit of a drive (down along the Ohio River by Kentucky) but do intend to take a day trip at some point. Ironically we passed close by there heading to/from our family vacation, but I'm the only one who's into the character. Not as much as Batman, but I do have some appreciation for the Son of Krypton.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Captain_Toad

Anyone else's chat not working because I can't do Live chat on the game awards.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Captain_Toad

@Anti-Matter Nope..trying my smartphone, not working. It looks like NL is seeing this too because the link keeps resetting.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Sounds like you have a mighty fine deck there. Perfect spot for a R&C, but my four story canal dives are well in my past. My deck actually is really small. If it extended any further, it would block the view in the dining room, and one window in the living room. We’re not real sure what we’ll do with it some day. I keep the door locked, and block it off from the kids with planted maple and jade trees. The door has a big glass plate, and there are side windows for good light. I can slide the maple out of the way just enough to slip out the door on a nice night.

@Tyranexx - RR is a stone cold classic for sure. Definitely had a big influence on me as well. I’ve bought a bunch of the books for my kids. It’s not a bad watch even today. My favorite episode is about expression, and it features Run DMC, and Pete Seeger performs Abiyoyo. LeVar hosts the whole episode as if it’s some sort of variety show, sitting in a futuristic “studio” that’s actually weatherman level green screen. He wears a robin’s egg blue blazer, and it’s all incredible. My kids ask for it all the time, I think I’ve memorized it. There’s also an episode about shadows where a suuuuper weird shadow puppet guy performs a really aggressive, somewhat sensual shadow puppet show.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx media: from your lips to Ant's ears.

Trailwoodsio: sounds like a digitally native, millennial focused ecommerce brand focusing on fitness oriented sporting equipment for scaling sheer cliffs along any University campus.

@bimmy-lee Heck yeah! Siri: serve some freedom pie to some Sumweri hamster herders while I buy some supportive slogan hoodies on Trailwood.sio!

@ThanosReXXX Oh the light bulbs themselves are fine. Cree. The good stuff. Problem is leds are electronics that generate heat. And aren't good at enduring heat. And traditional light fixtures are enclosed because incandescents didn't care about their heat. So a 100w equivalent led in an enclosed ceiling pendant gets fairly warm. Warm enough to take it's toll on the electronics in the A base bulb fairly quickly. The obvious answer is replace the fixture, but for a variety of reasons, I'm disinclined to and just put up with bulb changes. They're only 10 or 15 now so it's not the end of the world but it's very annoying.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

I. Love. Reading rainbow.
That is all.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Now I'm tempted to look up episodes on YT again just for old times sake. XD I've done the same with Arthur recently.

I do recall the Abiyoyo episode. Loved that story as well. It's amazing what one does remember even after all this time.

@NEStalgia "Trailwoodsio: conquer your campus in rugged, designer style! Now with more green!"

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - Weird, I just ordered a $120 pair of hiking slippers from Trailwood.sio. They’re for when I’m not hiking, but posting pics on IG of me hiking. Pretty sure Trailwood.sio will send me the next pair free when they realize I’m an influencer for leisure wear when posting about active wear.

@HobbitGamer - Boop, boop, boop, beep, beep, boop, boop, boop... butterfly in the sky. Livin that LeVar life.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

LuigibrineTheGreat

Well, at least it wasn't Death Stranding....

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Anti-Matter

Xbox X (i shortened the actual name Xbox Series X to make it easier) was looked ridiculous ugly with shape of cuboid and Black color.
It just only Full BC with Xbox One games but NOT Full BC with Xbox 360 & OG Xbox game discs.
Such a waste opportunity in my opinion.
I don't need more power as Super PC.
Power is NOT equal better library games in my opinion.
If Microsoft cannot provide more 1st party kid friendly games, i will skip Xbox X completely and put my hope on PS5.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Gimme cute games like Portal Knights / Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2 / Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles / New Super Lucky Tale / Chibi Boxing games and i will be delighted.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
But one game is not enough.

Random thing:
After i have rewrote a new list of Xbox games i can consider, i only get two Xbox One games on my list: Zoo Tycoon the Ultimate & Disneyland Adventures. And both of them are Remaster of their Xbox 360 version. Not a good list....

I didn't consider 3rd party games on Xbox One since they were also on PS4 with better box color and i don't want Triple dip for same games again.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, that's one HECK of an interesting link that you sent me...
Untitled
@bimmy-lee I just have a concrete base and steel railing balcony, not a deck. Also wouldn't be possible on a multi-storey apartment building on the Amsterdam canals...

@Anti-Matter Man, you REALLY have to stop whining about how bad the Xbox brand or their selection of games is. When the hell are you FINALLY going to realize that it's just YOU, and NOT the console that only has a limited selection of good titles?

The games you mentioned will NEVER appear on backwards compatibility. Not because nobody wants them, because I'm sure that there's more people that like music and dance games, but you HAVE to understand that since these games came out on the original Xbox, many years ago, that the licenses to publish the various songs contained in these games, have long since expired. Multiple people have already told you this multiple times, but apparently, you're unable to understand or remember that, which really is both kind of annoying and sad at the same time.

Oh, and just because they showed only one game, doesn't mean that it's all they've got. The official reveal already mentioned a total of 15 of their own studios hard at work on titles, and then there's of course all the second and third party titles also coming, so there'll be plenty of games. They're not going to make the same mistakes as with the launch of the Xbox One.

@NEStalgia Well, it would seem to be an isolated problem, because both the LEDs over here and the LEDs that @bimmy-lee is using endure just fine, so it would appear that it's just you...

All kidding aside though, I'd say just invest some time into doing the work. I can understand that it might be a chore to get it all done, but when done right, it's a long term fix, and you don't have to unnecessarily have to put up with multiple bulb changes anymore, which in the long run will probably not only save you time, but money as well.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I guess the big advantage of their extremely botched Xbox one launch is that they'll be all customer friendly and goody goody until they're successful again.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Actually i can straightly find OG XBOX and XBOX 360 Slim machines to play my few Xbox games but i think it will be very not wise decision since it will cost more money for the machines i bought especially Xbox 360 Slim from Ebay, very tough luck if i can find White color Xbox 360 Slim USA version since i only consider USA Xbox games due to Region lock on older machines. And buying another two bulky machines for playing very few games is also very not wise decision.

"NOT the console that has a limited selection of good titles."

Good games are very Subjective to each people. What games are good for you but is NOT for me and vice versa. If i'm being very restricted and selective in looking for suitable games, that's because i am not looking the games that makes me vomit or upset. I cannot be forced to play games that for you is good but not good for me due to the contents or any trivia things i don't like. It's also based on my life experience that built my preferences what i like and i don't like.

My gaming vision is playing appropriate games without vulgar / forbidden contents. So i will not force myself to become typical adult gamer that okay with swearing, blood, gore, extreme violences, foul language. I cannot accept that contents because i don't want be a gamer like that. I keep persistent with my gaming choices because i like vegetarian that will not eat meat whatsoever.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic