Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,901 to 36,920 of 37,050

NotTelevision

@Anti-Matter You should try to find a shirt that is only blue and red so you can pose with the boxes together.

That might be asking for too much though. ūüėĄ

@bimmy-lee Your definitely onto something with that Creme Br√Ľl√©e burnt sugar topping. Sounds lovely.

I tried to make a meringue one for a pie and it didn’t come out right. It’s a fragile art making things that have to emulsify in a certain way. Good luck with the pie, dude.

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

I felt sick since morning. ūü§í
My body felt warm and a little bit dizzy.
I think i caught a cold. ūüė∑
I need to take a rest, cannot continue my Calendar 2020 project on my bedroom.
I think i need Pokemon Sword to accompany me in resting time on my bed.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Good art, feel better.

New dog learned something important this morning; don’t try to take a toy from little Rocky.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter
Watching this Pokemon anime was like watching the pilgrimage of 10 years old kids to become Pokemon trainer. A tradition from generation to generation.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

@Sunsy That's cool that you introduced Double Dash to your friend. It's definitely the most unique Mario Kart game, how it lets you use two characters and their special items. (My mains are Mario and Peach!) I had my copy since Christmas 2003 and I have everything unlocked. The kart physics are a bit more difficult to get used to compared to the later games, but it's still a good time.

@HobbitGamer I see. Yeah there's like, what, over 800 Pokemon these days? The one thing that got me is the amount of grinding, at least in the older games. This may sound strange, but I tend to feel...limited when playing it, as well, seeing that there's only 4 moves you can do for each Pokemon and there's like a bajillion move types. Guess I'm more used to stuff like the Mario RPGs, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, and others.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My Super Mario Maker 2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
Username: MarioFan92
Latest Level: Towering Treetop (XWR-Q76-MCG)

NEStalgia

I'm just beyond words for what has become of Pokemon conversation. It didn't used to be like this....I'm not sure what happened. I mean, I know, to a degree. A bunch of grown men are outraged that their favorite childhood toy didn't turn into a franchise meant for competitive eSports wannabes suited to their current age that includes a cumulative collection of all prior content in all future titles. But what I don't understand is why any of them actually ever expected that the product would change for them rather than remaining what it was when they loved it? It's a bizarre mentality.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter wow. Looks truly great. Good job

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Couldn't agree more. There are some people with valid points in there, but a lot of them are just short-sighted, rambling idiots, whining and moaning about how Game Freak has disappointed them and lied to them, almost as if they're talking about a relationship. People shouldn't be so damned invested in a mere hobby that they get to a point at which they're about to blow a fuse when one or two little things aren't going or didn't turn out exactly like they expected/hoped/wanted it to be...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, it's hard to separate the valid points, sadly. And some of them are valid as critiques without needed to be complaints. Sure some complain about the graphics which is probably fair. Maybe the game feels shorter than some old ones...that would be fair. Most of the complaint is "cut content" - but I'm not sure when people started assuming every game would have every Pokemon since the beginning and just get larger and larger forever. Doing that wouldn't even make sense when the goal is to "catch 'em all" - that would be laborious if it was just an ever growing dex. The whole point was always discovering new 'mon. Seems like yesterday Gen 5 & B&W came out and they got rid of most of the old 'mon and introduced all new ones. Some people freaked but not like this. I thought Let's Go was a bad freak-out session but this is all new heights.

In fact I'm not sure I've seen an internet meltdown like this unrelated to electoral politics, ever!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Indeed, even some of the valid points people make get drowned out by them taking it "a few" notches too far, immediately diminishing the validity of the actually rather fair point(s) that they were initially making...

Oh, well. After having made the mistake of having stepped in a couple of times across several related articles, I've now decided to stay well away, and not just for the good of my own health...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

jump

NEStalgia wrote:

I'm just beyond words for what has become of Pokemon conversation. It didn't used to be like this....I'm not sure what happened. I mean, I know, to a degree. A bunch of grown men are outraged that their favorite childhood toy didn't turn into a franchise meant for competitive eSports wannabes suited to their current age that includes a cumulative collection of all prior content in all future titles. But what I don't understand is why any of them actually ever expected that the product would change for them rather than remaining what it was when they loved it? It's a bizarre mentality.

If you want to actually understand you should trying listening to their arguments rather than making generalisations of the matter beforehand. You're assuming it's men, you're assuming it's not already an esport etc.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NEStalgia

@jump Oh I've read them. And I certainly don't want to drag continuing the debating of those specific points into this thread too. I'm sure there's some amount of women and children in there, most of the cases of the specific people making the most painful rants are men.

And I'm certainly not dragging the "but Nintendo's supported competitive play before, so the game must always cater heavily toward competitive players, and I'll shout into the void until I get what I want darnit!" direction into this thread too! It's not that I don't understand the arguments they're making. It's that I don't understand the mentality that would lead them to make such arguments to begin with. No matter how you slice it the core argument is "I want Pokmeon to be a different game than the designers do, and I'll publicly display anger as a result."

It's ok if they really want a different game than what Pokemon is designed to be. Tajiri thought the same of SMT once and created Pokemon as a result. But I'm quite sure he didn't jump up and down demanding that Atlus change SMT to be the game he wanted it to be because he and a bunch of other petition signing fans told them to.

NEStalgia

jump

NEStalgia wrote:

jump Oh I've read them. And I certainly don't want to drag continuing the debating of those specific points into this thread too.

If you so say but you're bringing it up a lot unless you just want to complain about the complainers.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NEStalgia

@jump Ha! Fair point, I suppose it is complaining about the complainers. As it's consumed all conversation about an otherwise huge release, and made it a wasteland across the site, it's just disheartening. Anyone remember when a new big franchise game was exciting?

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@jump - What’s wrong with complaining about complainers? It’s fun.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

MarioLover92

@Anti-Matter Great artwork! I really wanna do more drawing.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My Super Mario Maker 2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
Username: MarioFan92
Latest Level: Towering Treetop (XWR-Q76-MCG)

BlueBlur101

No fighting game, past, present or future, will ever captivate me on a visual level like the stuff Arc System Works puts out

Guilty Gear Strive looks so clean

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

Looks like Google Stadia is off to a good start.

I love that video title, btw.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic