Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,901 to 36,920 of 96,323

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - It’s certainly an unusual little quirk. It seems to be certain words instead of just substituting letters consistently. He picked it up a few weeks ago, and it’ll probably go away in time. He also said “elesant” for a while! It’s pretty entertaining to watch them sort it all out.

@HobbitGamer - I’ll have you know that MY kid is brilliant. And advanced. Strong too. I know every parent thinks this, but you’re just gonna have to believe on this one. My mom agrees, and we all know grandmas never exaggerate when it comes to family.

Hope that sensor does the trick, and the recycling run is smooth as can be.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Okay, whatever. Stay stubborn. Remind me not to want to help you with friendly advice anymore. Nothing you say makes sense and AGAIN: it's a fact that YouTube video is twice compressed, so it can NEVER exactly replicate the sense/impression of the actual game itself.

Even the tech guys from Digital Foundry always say this (which is also why they host their own server where their members can download their videos in the full, original quality, which is in 4K), so it's simply no comparison. It doesn't matter what you think or feel, the fact of the matter is that it just isn't the same, period.

@HobbitGamer Huh, what?

@bimmy-lee It could be all kinds of things, basically. In the examples I mentioned, including mini me, it was either a case of simply not being able to pronounce certain letters, or laziness, or it could also simply be that to a child's mind, it sounds funny, and as such, they act out their mini rebellion by continuously mispronouncing words, mainly for their own amusement, especially if they come up with variants every other month or so.

Kinda makes me think you're the actual victim and he's just messing with you...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Seems like it worked out. Was out and about for around an hour, and had zero issues. Now I'm resetting and fiddling with an old Android phone to make it my pocket browser at home. Good way to keep my cell in another room when I'm off

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Thanks! I figured there was some kind of internet explosion (still is; I guessed and now know quite well that the Sw/Sh fallout is still going strong) that I narrowly missed. As mentioned in the vacation thread, that wasn't the only reason for my absence however.

No recaps needed. I think ignorance is bliss this time. XD

I'll pencil in LEGO City: Undercover on my "at some point" list and hopefully get around to it. It's funny; I like LEGO blocks just fine, but I've never really played any of the games. I've considered the LEGO Harry Potter collection too.

@Anti-Matter I can sympathize with being part of a family of mostly non-gamers. Sites like this and some of my group of acquaintances are a nice outlet for gaming-related stuff. Though I'm one of the few Nintendo-centric ones.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheFrenchiestFry

Marriage Story
Joker
The Lighthouse
A Portrait of a Woman on Fire
Weathering with You
Ride your Wave
Avengers Endgame
Uncut Gems
Dark Waters

2019 was such an amazing year for movies

I really hope Disney doesn't screw up with Star Wars lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Cotillion

BlueBlur101 wrote:

I really hope Disney doesn't screw up with Star Wars lol

It'll be a flipping miracle if they managed to salvage anything coherent after TLJ. I've given up on the movies; the Mandalorian is the best new Star Wars in years for me.

Cotillion

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Um....
Am i not allowed to watch gameplay videos from Youtube too much ?
I will not approved Ratchet PS3 games before i watched them several times until i felt convinced enough.
That's the only way for me to getting engaged with the games i have never knew before without playing directly the games if i don't have the games or the machine yet.
Sorry, didn't mean make you upset...

Anti-Matter

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter I'm not supporting that film in the slightest

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Eel

I was considering Lego City when it was on sale last week. But I ended up buying Lego Jurassic World a third time instead. 🤔

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I’m definitely getting worked, I’m sure I deserve it. He’s asked me several times a day for the last two weeks if muck and buck rhyme because on day five I sold it and got a little annoyed; and that’s all he needed to see to make sure and ask every day for the foreseeable future. He’s a troll. He must get it from his mom.

@HobbitGamer - Glad it worked out. Stupid, expensive sensors.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the heads up. I’m just going to pick it up now and go through each of the packs again individually. I’ll probably improve this time around ‘cause the first time I sucked on some of those bosses.

@BlueBlur That’s a great list. You reminded me that I need to go watch some of those films. I’ve been wanting to see that film The Lighthouse in particular. A Portrait of a Lady on Fire looks really good too.

I watched Joker last week and really liked it up until the end when it ceased being the character and his personal delusions of grandeur. Definitely a lot of passion went into the performances, production design, and cinematography though.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision yea no problem at all. Figured I'd let you know in case you wanted to grab it on switch. I heard it on the spawn cast on YouTube. Not saying it's for sure happening but usually he's right so im sure it's true.

NintendoByNature

Eel

I remember I wanted to grab it for like 50% off some months ago but I just happened to select it right at the same time as the offer ended.

So when it changed to the payment page it was full price again.

It's ok though, I have the game on 3DS already anyway.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

Aww man, so many huge replies to write to so many people and so many threads and no time for any of them. Sorry to all I'm ignoring otherwise!

@kkslider5552000 @ThanosReXXX It says a lot about the state of the world, when I read a conversation about "gender reveal parties" and my first, second, and third guesses had nothing to do with announcing the gender of feti.

@Anti-Matter @Eel Should I be worried that I actually did get Anti's completely out of place and context reference to Lego City?

NEStalgia

Eel

I mostly just skip anything longer than a few paragraphs!

And don't worry, just be sure to share with class next time you get a non sequitur. 🧐

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee Muck and buck? Are you sure he didn't learn from dad a third rhyming word of that trio?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueBlur101 I only know 2 out of the 9 movies in the list that you posted...

@Tyranexx Yeah, I remember what you said, but I thought it might be better to move on to more positive things and just not mention that, much like me omitting a recap for once...

But yeah, good choice to put the Wii U version of LEGO City: Undercover on your list. I'm all but sure that you won't regret it. Be sure to let me know your verdict once you get around to buying it and trying it out.

@Anti-Matter Of course you're allowed. Watch as many videos as you want. The point is that I've tried to make you understand that you CANNOT get all the necessary information from doing that, because videos lack tactile feedback that you'll get from actually PLAYING the games, so what you get from videos, at the most, is partial information, and that is also why I firmly believe that no one should base their decisions (exclusively) on them. You can use them as a way to generate interest or to get the initial idea, much like with pictures or videos of foods and drinks, but you'll need to ACTUALLY taste them, to know what it's really like. Videos can't help you with that.

And that is all I was trying to do, but because I tried several times and all I get back is "I have watched more videos to try and see how the games work and if they are right for me" then that clearly tells me that you didn't do anything with my advice, because these videos aren't going to tell you everything, that's just a fact, so you can watch another hundred videos and you STILL won't get all the info out of it that you'll need. So, either you didn't understand that I was trying to help you, or you're willfully ignoring my advice, and I honestly don't know which of the two options annoys me the most...

@bimmy-lee Yeah, kids... often times, they're great, but as the Dutch say, sometimes you just want to paste them behind the wallpaper. They don't nickname them little devils for nothing...

@NEStalgia Feti?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic