Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,881 to 36,900 of 96,317

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter You’d better get off youtube and work on that calendar 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
I still haven't have PS3 yet. 😅
Used to be i have the PS3 games on year 2013.
I wanted to buy PS3 machine on June 2014 but my brother forbade me to buy or he will destroy the machine if i still bought it at that time.
I sold all my PS3 games on year 2015 due to my financial trouble.
But somehow... after 4 years later i have longing feeling to reconsider PS3 after i have fond with my PS4.
And this December 2019, suddenly i really want to revive PS3 with my new games list. Before that, i still didn't click with Ratchet games due to using gun intensity. But after i found the list of Ratchet games on PS3 and watched every single of them from Youtube for several times, i have decided to consider ALL 7 Ratchet games on PS3. I only can get 16 PS3 games on my list after i added with all Ratchet games and i thought i can't add any games again due to other PS3 games were not really convincing or amusing me. PS3 had very poor diversity of their games, compared with PS4 that had much better variation.
And that night i still woke up, i thought i have found the used PS3 machine from Tokopedia that still Original, no jailbroken, with cheaper price and i really hope that machine was still available. The feeling that wanna replay PS3 again was arousing my mind like i have failed to get on year 2014 but i have a chance on this year / early 2020. Cannot wait to replay FF XIII, The Sims 3 Pets, some PS3 games i have never played before such as Move games, Ratchet games, etc. And of course NO adult games allowed on my PS3. 😉

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
I have worked on my PC for 10 hours by total on this Saturday. 😖
My eyes started to feel tired. 😩
Keep adding the details for my Animal Boxers and i still have to find a chance to draw my Kangaroo Boxing and my Wolf since they were not on my workshop yet.
I have 14 days to finish my Animal Boxers (the characters) before i design the template of Calendar 2020. 🤯

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

By the way, is this the real PS5 machine or just a hoax ? 🤨
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Wesker

I always preferred the Sly Cooper games on PS3 to Ratchet and Clank.

Wesker

Wesker

It's the real dev kit, but based on previous PlayStations the commercial product will look a lot different. For example, that's a PS4 dev kit in the same photo to the right.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

HobbitGamer

Those dev kits look like a knock off Sharper Image alarm clock. Yet, I prefer it over the final product form factor... Someone get Skymall to call Sony.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Ah, I see. XD I need to play that game at some point. It's caught my interest more than once, but there have always been other games I wanted more.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NotTelevision

Ratchet & Clank is also on the PS4. I’d like to play that one someday.

Also hear good things about Psychonauts and Ape Escape which are on the PSN.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

@Anti-Matter I remember Hobbitgamer recommended Katamari Damacy a while back. If your a fan of cute (but slightly off kilter) games and J-Pop that’s an easy win my friend. I’m not even a big of the genre but I still remember those tunes and it’s been probably 13 years since I played it. Fun and unique gameplay too.

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

I have found an used White PS3 Slim 320 GB at my local game shop. It was actually belong to the shop owner but since he was getting along well with me, he allowed me to get that PS3 Slim. He offered the price was 2,000,000 Rupiah / USD 142.60 and i agreed with the price.
The PS3 was actually has been jailbroken with CFW software but he assured the machine can be reverted back to Original (Reset to Factory setting) like New, like have never been cheated. Later, the machine will be tested again with Original PS3 games after being reverted back to Original. I have been downpaid the machine to secure my purchase so i will get that PS3 Slim on January 2020 after i got salary and paid all the remaining debt. Yay...!

One thing.
Here in Indonesia at this year, almost 100% the PS3 has been jailbroken or cheated with CFW and there are A LOT OF Black market game shop offereing the installation of pirated PS3 games onto jailbroken PS3, the cringeful scenery you will find at almost every single Black market game shop. Peoples were deposit their jailbroken PS3, asked for many games installed until almost full with the storage, a very awful tendency that lead to greed and disrespect toward game developers. Later, after the machine has been installed, they will pay for how many games has been installed. Will cost more money if some games cannot working well (Freeze or Glitch). Well, a slice of cringeful life in Indonesia in term of gaming habit, eh ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer Heck yeah 🌈 I’m going to have to revisit that one on Switch. Yooo Lonely Rooollling Star has been stuck in my head since that game.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Hey, welcome back!
But erm.... the internet did NOT explode? It sure as heck did, we just narrowly managed to clear up all the debris before you returned...

Besides mentioning that the Pokémon Sw/Sh hate is ongoing, and that I've learned about magical things such as parody accounts, I'm not even going to bother you with a recap this time, because I wouldn't want your first experience when having just come back to the Chit Chat thread to be a massive headache...

P.S.

LEGO City Undercover is definitely worth a purchase, or at least a playthrough, especially on the Wii U. Graphics-wise, there isn't much difference between versions, obviously also due to the building block aesthetics, and the Wii U version makes excellent use of the GamePad, which makes it the ultimate version in my book. Only draw back of the Wii U version is the longer loading times, but the added GamePad functionality makes that a rather positive trade off, which is well worth it, far as I'm concerned.

@bimmy-lee Batendo? How the heck did he come up with that? Kinda funny, though.

@Anti-Matter So... making unfunny jokes now, are we?
Also still hanging on to watching (too many) videos to decide if you want to play/own a game or not?
Seriously though, watching too many videos or simply gathering too much information on something in general can ultimately work against you, because it will overload your head with data, which will not make the choice any easier at all. Just do what I'd do, and what I've already suggested to you twice: find a good, customer-friendly game shop that actually allows you the option to try a game out before buying, and the personal experience that you'll get from that will be FAR more useful than watching another 100 videos of a game on YouTube.

And no offense, but your brother sounds like a rather unfriendly character, by the way, what with threatening to destroy your PS3. But good that you found a friendly game shop owner that seems to have made you a nice deal. It also sounds like a shop that would allow you to try games out, so why not ask him?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
About watching Ratchet gameplay videos from Youtube, i have never played 3D platformer with so many different weapons like that and i have no idea which weapon should i use in specific situation since i played with lesser violence games all the time. I didn't clicked at all with Ratchet PS4 when i tried the game for the first time on year 2017 due to no experience with games like that. It was really hard for me to aim the weapons toward the enemies since i have to think quickly which weapon should i use in different situation and i have to did flip or jump oftenly to avoid the damage. Also, the weapon upgrade system was still a new thing for me since i was not familiar with Ratchet games before. So, all of sudden after i decided to reconsider PS3, i tried to getting engaged with Ratchet PS3 games by observing the gameplay from Youtube and paid attention with weapon choices and the things should i do during the mission so i will not get frustrated by so intense action i will encounter by shooting the targets with right weapon and right timing.

And about my brother, he did same thing also when i have bought Wii U on year 2016. He said "Why the heck you bought Wii U ?! It just wasting your money and don't make Mom getting upset !"
But he couldn't touch my Wii U since i bought my Wii U with my own money, had nothing to do with his belongings. He have no right to destroy my Wii U since i bought the machine legally. Oh well... at least he have no interest at all with Nintendo machines, he just only care with PC games and smartphone games.

But, on December 2016 he suddenly bought a limited edition PS4 with FF XV Moon on PS4 Slim surface just for playing FF XV because on that time FF XV was not released on PC. I was surprised he tried to forbid me to buy consoles last time but he bought PS4 Slim just for playing FF XV and Horizon. I didn't even feel upset with his hypocrite, me as the oldest brother just keep calm and let him pursue his hobby. If he bought PS4 Slim with his own money, he have no right to forbid me to buy similar console also.

He did also when i bought PS4 Slim on year 2018, but that time he just said " PS4 ?! Why did you buy PS4 ?? I have PS4 Slim that you can use."
I didn't even like his Black PS4 Slim so i decided to choose White PS4 Slim since i really want White consoles. After 1 year he bought PS4 Slim, suddenly he completely neglected his PS4 since FF XV and Horizon has been released on PC on year 2017. I was thinking why did he bought PS4 and then he neglected it.

And on year 2019 i bought PSP 3000 & PS2 Fat, he didn't even react at all with the machines i have bought. I have so many consoles tethered on my Sharp Aquos 32' TV and he didn't even care with my consoles. He has no interest with console gaming since he could download the ROMS from internet, play them with emulator on PC and no need console at all. I have no interest to deal with him so we were completely disconnected and I didn't even try to share my opinion to him because it will lead into a quarrel.

Well... That was my life.

Oh, he had ever told me why he forbade me to buy new consoles because since nobody in my house will ever have any interest to play with my consoles, even i have tried to be nice with them by offering them with new consoles i bought. My kindness was like a foolishness for them. Like, i will never ever interact with them by gaming console like on commercial did. The commercial didn't even work for them but working for me. Such an irony to see LaLaLa Land vibes from video gaming was a foolishness by certain peoples in my family.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - He’s in a quirky stage of development right now, and he’s putting the letter B in front of words with no rhyme or reason. Batendo was my favorite, but he’s also been saying “badult” for adult, and “bagrilla” for gorilla as other examples. It’s so weird, but kids can go in and out of quirks like that when they’re young. He’ll probably drop it next week for something else equally weird (and funny).

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, your brother now sounds even worse than he already did. If I pay for stuff with my own money, then any of my relatives had better stay the heck away from it, especially if they feel the urge to damage things, because I'd never accept that.

As for the video watching: I don't know why my message isn't coming through, but that was EXACTLY my whole point. I cannot emphasize enough that you simply CANNOT get the feel of a game through watching videos. And YouTube videos in general are twice compressed, so it also always looks different in real life as well, yet another reason to not base a decision upon watching videos alone.

Any and all things you mentioned are the precise reasons for NOT doing that, so instead, you should just try the game or games out, and base your impressions upon that. A video cannot transfer the workings of a game, and how it feels to switch views, switch weapons, it cannot convey how the inertia of the character feels when moving, fighting or jumping and so on, so those are all things that you can't get a good impression of, just by watching videos.

And besides that, discovering things for yourself in games is far more enjoyable than already looking several levels ahead in videos, so it would almost be like you're replaying the videos you've seen instead of actually playing the game for yourself. And most games have tutorials anyway, so the game itself will tell you what weapons or tools to use, and how to combine things and such. There's no need to watch videos to learn how to do that.

Personally, I only ever watch trailers of games, to see if they might be interesting, and I only watch Let's Play videos/playthrough videos if I'm stuck in some level, and when I've tried everything I could think of to be able to move on in the game, so only in these kind of emergency situations. If I can find my way out myself, I'm not going to watch videos and spoil any potential surprises or fun things I might come across later on in a game.

@bimmy-lee Ah, yeah, it's a phase that probably all kids go through. My nephew used to exchange L's for N's in certain words, especially when at the beginning, so for example nemonade instead of lemonade, and I do believe that when I was little, I used to say elesant instead of elephant, so it actually is nothing out of the ordinary. But your kid does stand out a bit because batendo doesn't really sound the same. I get the mispronunciation, because obviously, a lot of kids do that, but completely different vowels is new to me, hence the question.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I played the Youtube videos with setting 720p 60fps on my smartphone / 1080p on my Switch if the video have that feature to simulate the Real visual with Real fps like i really watch the visual from the games directly. I could feel the real 60fps from Dance Dance Revolution Arcade gameplay video (started from DDR 2013) exactly like i played on DDR arcade, i could feel the real 60fps from some Ratchet PS3 games with 1080p output like i saw the PS3 games directly from my smartphone / my Switch. And to consider i still haven't got PS3 games yet (But i will get later) so i played some Youtube videos to watch the PS3 games i really want to know first while waiting for getting the real games, like a warming up before playing. I did also the same things for other games like Portal Knight, Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2 before i suddenly get engaged by the gameplay. But of course i will not watch the videos entirely until i saw the Credit Roll (it will be a total spoiler). 😅

Oh, different games different treatments from me. There were some games i didn't need to watch the gameplay videos since i have clicked by the gameplay. If i have to watch the videos frequently that's because i still don't understand the gameplay, i still haven't engaged with the games yet, still need more time to get convinced. Games like Metroid Prime Federation Force 3DS, Ratchet games on PS3 & PS4 are two examples the games that really hard to convince me since they were shooter games and for me i still freak out and have negative impression with shooting games. After i lowered a bit my restrictions about kid friendly shooter games, finally i could get convinced by those games, but i still forbid the rated M adult shooting games.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

You heard it here first, folks. @ThanosReXXX said @bimmy-lee has a dumb kid!

runs away

Anyway. Got the truck back from the shop yesterday. $200 and a new crankshaft position sensor, and it seemed normal on the 10 mile drive home. Headed to the recycling center in a bit, so we’ll see.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

Oh, btw...
Changing the vowel into B also did the same implication as this song.

I want to eat, eat, eat apple and banana. (Normal)
A want ta aat, aat, aat appla and banana (A vocal)
E went te eet, eet, eet epple end benene (E vocal)
I wint ti iit, iit, iit ippli ind binini (I vocal)
O wont to oot, oot, oot opplo ond bonono (O vocal)
U wunt tu uut, uut, uut upplu und bununu (U vocal)

One more thing also....

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic