Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,741 to 36,760 of 96,481

Anti-Matter

@Monkeido
Thanks for the help. šŸ˜€
But unfortunately those games were not really interesting for me. šŸ˜…
I still not fond with Sack boy from Little Big Planet. Journey looked too empty for me. Portal 2 didn't look very appeal to me. Katamari.... that game looked clueless. I'm not a fan of De Blob looking.
Sorry if the recommendation were not working for me.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter I also suggest Katamari. Very colorful and the music is charming.

@ThanosReXXX Earth Final Conflict sounds familiar, but none of the others.

@NintendoByNature I put a Yamper in the Surprise Trade thing just to see how it works; got a level 1 Mimyku. Score!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 That Super Star tree topper sounds awesome! Sounds cute. Is the Mario Kart one Mario in a kart holding a flag? That's the ornament I have up. The Princess Peach one I have is the 2019 one where she's holding her parasol.

I still have the one Nintendo ornament from my childhood, which is Cape Mario riding Yoshi holding a gift. I remember when I got it, I ended up playing Super Mario All-Stars on SNES afterwards, which was a Christmas gift the year before I got that ornament IIRC. It's so old, the gift Yoshi is holding says Princess Toadstool on the tag.

Hope you enjoy Frozen 2 when you see it. I also have an Anna ornament as well as Elsa and Olaf.

@NintendoByNature That's cool, nice to see you enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed the music in both, and even watched the first movie again this evening.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

Hereā€™s my Frosty and Santa blow molds, the perspective is a bit skewed, but Santa is three and a half feet tall. I included a closeup of him because his face and beard are quite detailed:

Untitled
Untitled

@MarioLover92 - I saw that Super Star tree topper on Amazon and loved it. I didnā€™t have time to dig into the specifics, but I was concerned about itā€™s weight. Is it a heavy tree topper? We donā€™t have a real tree this year, and my fake trees get pretty flimsy at the top.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, practically all of them have been canceled after one or two seasons, except for Space: Above & Beyond, which ran a bit longer and is actually pretty good, so if you stumble across it on Netflix, Hulu or whatever other service you use, you might want to look into that one.

And as mentioned, Extant is also pretty good, and it has a full conclusion in 3 seasons, so although they could have added more seasons, probably, the main story line was completed.

@Anti-Matter You always ask for recommendations, but when people are kind enough to give you some, you always dislike or criticize their choices. Your reasons for not liking Ratchet & Clank honestly sound pretty dumb, ESPECIALLY if you do play Final Fantasy games, as you yourself mentioned, because these are FAR more realistic in their violence use and weapon detail, so your objections against Ratchet & Clank are completely over-exaggerated. If you like and play Splatoon, then you can also like and play Ratchet & Clank, because the "violence" level is pretty much the same. If you think it's higher, then that's only in your head, and not an actual fact.

And besides that, they're highly entertaining games, with lots of puzzle and platforming elements, so all you're doing (and rather shortsightedly so) is denying yourself some great, family friendly games, and that is only to your own disadvantage.

Oh, and the De Blob games are also pretty entertaining. Sometimes, looks aren't everything. It's also about the gameplay, and videos of it by other people playing it are also not always enough to get the right impression: that ONLY comes with personal experience of trying a game for yourself, because the feel of a game, when everything clicks and comes together, is not something that you can experience by watching videos.

@bimmy-lee Well, at least these don't look creepy, like the ones you posted the last time...

P.S.

If you don't mind me asking: what's up with that lamp in the middle? I can see it has women's legs, so it certainly isn't a bog-standard one, but the hood certainly looks kind of like the type of lamp ornament that I would expect to see in someone's parents house, not in the house of younger people, no offense. It just seems a bit too much on the old-fashioned side for a 30-something guy.

Then again: all the other statuettes/lamps are also old, so maybe that's my answer already?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX it's from a Christmas story the movie. It's hands down my favorite Christmas movie of all time. You should check it out and you'll understand šŸ˜‰.
@bimmy-Lee frosty and santa are great and everything, but the lamp steals the show lol.
@hobbitgamer sorry for the late reply dude. I'm still unsure of the whole trading mechanic thing. I've only played the campaign so I haven't figured out how to do anything else. Lol. I keep reading comments in the sw/sh thread and every time I'm like, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! lol. I guess ill have to experiment more. I've only played a hand full of hours and it's been with my daughter so I haven't had much time to explore and try new stuff.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - The leg lamp is actually a Christmas decoration. Itā€™s a replica of a prop from a really popular Christmas movie here in the States, A Christmas Story. Itā€™s a movie from the 80s set in the 50s about a young boy named Ralphie who wants a Red Rider, carbine action, 200 shot, lightning load range model air rifle with a compass in the stock for Christmas. The lamp is from the scene below. Ralphieā€™s dad (a legendary movie dad played by Darren McGavin) has won a major award in a contest:

@NintendoByNature - Thanks man! Itā€™s my favorite too. The scene at the very end where the mom and dad are on the couch in front of the tree with the snow falling outside the window is my favorite scene in a Christmas movie.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Same here, Iā€™m learning everything by trial and error.

@ThanosReXXX That lamp is a prestigious award, and itā€™s French.

I just spent an hour in the attic rebuilding my dryer vent stack. Iā€™d like to meet the person that thought it was ok, and ask them their life story. Instead of a straight vent with a 45* angle, they put an S bend between the wall stack and ceiling stack. Then the bend wasnā€™t even secured well, so over time bits of lint and cooling hot air pooled in a corner of the bend and pulled away from the joint. That just made it angle and pool more, causing it to leak into my mud room ceiling.
Iā€™m ready for this vacay to end. šŸ˜‚

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX "You always ask for recommendations, but when people are kind enough to give you some, you always dislike or criticize their choices." I think it is all about the attention. Or he is trying to find a like-minded person, but with very weird method.

Just like most of his posts.

Eel

Yeah that lamp is strangely enough a well known Christmas decoration.

Make sure to put it by the window so Santa can see it from outside!

Or the neighbors...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Speaking about games with high intensity of using guns for kid friendly games, both Splatoon and Ratchet games are too much intensity for me. Like i still cannot accept the intensity like that. I still have a mindset like Hippie as Anti-Gun so at some point i still cannot accept the intensity like that. But by contrary, i still accept the gun using on FF X-2, LEGO CITY Undercover, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers because they have different intensity and impact for my brain.

I have watched every single Ratchet PS3 gameplay with 720p 60fps setting on my phone yesterday but still.... It was still too much for me, like did i have to shoot like that very much ? Come on.... I cannot do that. šŸ˜Ÿ
Still in my mind haunted by the irk feeling about shooting that related with that rated 18 shooting games.

I used to play with lesser violence games very much so when i have to play with too much gun using, i feel very discomfort like it forcing me to get out from my comfort zone and scratching my old wound. It still like my paranoid.

About my habit that sometimes dislike or critize the games recommendation, the reason why did i do that because i grew up with different cultures and habit as an Asian peoples that i expect more cutesy, more cartoonish, more Japanese vibes, lesser violences. So i still not fond with some of Western things because those are still peculiar things same as some Western peoples still not really fond with Asian / Japanese things.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee oh for sure. I loved how thier tree looked too. That old 50s style lighting and tinsel. The old man with his turkey is 100% my dad with his. He waits all year to cook his bird and hear everyone say how good it is. He babys the thing til it's ready for serving. Speaking of which, Friday i bought a Jennie o on sale. 15lb for 6.50.. with that said, were having another turkey feast today. It's already in the oven roasting

NintendoByNature

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yes, my Mario Kart one is Mario holding a checkered flag. I got that at the mall last year. Sounds like you have quite a few nice ornaments! And yes, the Super Star tree topper does look awesome.

@bimmy-lee The Super Star tree topper isn't that heavy, thankfully. Mine doesn't have a light so that might be the reason. You might want to go for that.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Maaryotyme

@Anti-Matter I still have my PS3 and move too.
I bought the move for the kids so you might like them. Eye pet. Sports champion 1 and 2. Medieval. Most of these are dirt cheap now. As for ps3 games. Iā€™d recommend going to google and writing ā€œshovelware ps3 gamesā€ and you might find the games you like. Enjoy gaming

Maaryotyme

Anti-Matter

@La-weejee
I have considered Sport Champions 2 after i saw the character customize like The Sims for each Sports from Youtube.
I didn't consider Sport Champions 1 since it has less appealing sports choices than number 2 (It has Boxing on the sequel and i can make shirtless boxer for Boxing sport).
Eye Pet & Friends was still in my deliberation after i have watched more gameplay videos from Youtube because it looked like Eye Toy games.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Eel - There are two windows right behind it, but I had to pull the curtains to get a good picture. Unfortunately, itā€™s the back of the house, but itā€™s very prominent for those that can see it.

@NintendoByNature - Yep, I love the tree in that movie. Wow, another bird in the oven, thatā€™s amazing. Youā€™re going to have an entire turkey season. Perfect pair for the games today. Itā€™s like a sequel to Thanksgiving a couple days later, smart.

@La-weejee - Thank you!

@MarioLover92 - Ah, I must have seen a different tree topper. I love a Super Star as a tree topper regardless of which ornament it is.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Cool, same one as I have then. I just looked up the Star topper, I didn't know such a thing existed until you mentioned it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic