Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,701 to 36,720 of 96,305

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature No problem. I came to China as an English teacher about 5 years ago after a year doing the same in Spain. At the moment I still do classes every now and then, but I invested in some of other small businesses here so I help them operate and manage them. I do take breaks and come back to the States for 3-4 months a year
though. I mainly travel because I enjoy it and not for any work related reasons. I was teaching the management at a factory English for a while and that required me to leave town. The Switch helped with the boredom at that time.

I heard you talking about Pepperidge Farm a while back, so I assumed you were involved somewhat in Sales. Am I in the ballpark?

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

I can confirm that the sugar cream pie recipe I linked makes a really good pie. It’s a pretty simple pie to make, the two important techniques are to warm the custard slowly while stirring the entire time, and give it lots of time to set up in the fridge before serving. It did end up looking and tasting quite a bit different than my grandma’s pies, but it’s a fine sugar cream in its own right.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

Another dessert that’s easy; poor apple cobbler. I threw things together and it turned out great.
4 peeled apples (I had 2 Fuji and 2 gala), diced in half inch cubes
Dash of sugar (maybe a spoonful?)
2 spoons of ground cinnamon
325F for 20 minutes
Stir, add 1 1/2 cup plain oatmeal
Cook another 20
Refrigerate

Now I’m making fresh pico de gallo. But I licked a serrano...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Phew....
I got C grade from playing Anti-Matter Expert difficulty (lv 17) on DDR X3 Arcade this evening. 😅
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision that's very cool. Sounds like youve been all over. And its great you get the opportunity to do those kinds of things. Very rarely do we get the chance to go to places outside of the Midwest or let alone, anything exotic.

Yes, I do outside sales for a small company, 7 of us. We sell Sanitary processing equipment to food and beverage plants. For instance, if you've been to a craft brewery and you see the big stainless steel tanks, with hoses, valves, and pumps around it, that's all stuff i sell. It's pretty neat considering I get to see how most things are made, food wise.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Got a copy of Sword while out tree shopping. I’ll wait till Christmas gift cards to get Assassins Creed.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer nice. Same for me. I'm asking for the witcher 3 and Wal-Mart gift cards to grab assassins creed rebel collection. Or maybe some eshop games pending something gets announced at the game awards. Although im not holding my breath. Grabbed AC3 today at Wal-Mart

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

Anyone know how much the new ATARI might be if or when it's out

Ninfan

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I think you’ll have fun with AC3, and Liberation too. I just checked my google rewards thing earlier and I’ve got just over $10 from surveys, so I think I’ll grab those two TT Batman games at $3.50 each that’s cheaper than a movie, so it fits.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer funny thing, is I didn't even realize there was a pack in game ( liberation) til I got home and examined the front cover lol. So $15 for 2 games ain't bad at all. I actually played ac3 years ago when it came out but I don't recall much about it or if i even finished it. Liberation will be a brand new experience though which is nice. Once i finish dmc I'll jump to it. I know your a cat dude. Did you try out gato roboto yet?

Never played the tell tale games yet. Not sure if I'd be into them. Wish arkham games would come over

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Yeah, definitely a great value since 3 has all the Tyranny dlc as well.
I haven’t tried Gato yet, I’ll have to take a look.
I liked the TT Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, and Jurassic Park games, but the price points always cause me to wait. I typically don’t play them a second time because of my memory. But $7 for essentially two 5-episode seasons is a sweet spot. If they’re anything like TWD seasons, each episode lasts me 1-2 hours. So 20 hours of Batman story? Sold

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer not bad at all. I gave them a look but didnt pull the trigger. Gato is basically a light hearted metroid 2. Only played for 30-40 min but so far it seems worth 4 bucks

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Hmm, I have 4 and some change left so I’ll look at Gato tomorrow. I also put the 2 Bertram and Boabab games on my list. Seem like good evening games to put on the Lite.

Also, Sword looks so cooool! The art style is great. Haven’t done anything but walk since I’m watching Live PD (go Danny Brown!!), but I really like the scenery.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer yea i was actually taken back by sword. Coming in with no background to the series, it looks great. I wasn't expecting it after hearing some negativity surrounding it.

NintendoByNature

LuigibrineTheGreat

Today, I got to watch Full Metal Jacket for the first time. Man is that movie good.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Sunsy

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Hi there, sorry for the late reply. It's going all right for me, just been doing some more college work. Glad to hear your Christmas shopping's done!

I should be apologizing for the late reply. Between Thanksgiving and putting up a few decorations, I haven't had a chance to reply. Glad things are going alright.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Themnioncy

HobbitGamer wrote:

@NintendoByNature Yeah, definitely a great value since 3 has all the Tyranny dlc as well.
I haven’t tried Gato yet, I’ll have to take a look.
I liked the TT Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, and Jurassic Park games, but the price points always cause me to wait. I typically don’t play them a second time because of my memory. But $7 for essentially two 5-episode seasons is a sweet spot. If they’re anything like TWD seasons, each episode lasts me 1-2 hours. So 20 hours of Batman story? Sold

last movie (or tv series rather) was breaking bad. walking dead was also good but i dropped it as it got really dull and repetitive. i also loved Mr Robot (though, dropped, may finish watching it one day), and i think i could enjoy Joker but didnt watch it yet, because i am now a fan of movies honestly, I prefer anime.

Themnioncy

NintendoByNature

@Themnioncy i never really got into the walking dead. My wife watches it religiously but I've only tuned in and out every so often. I rarely get hooked into tv shows. I was watching every episode of the flash and legends of tomorrow and just stopped. The little free time i do get I play games, or watch a movie I really want to see. I just never get the opportunity to sit down for a weekly series these days

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I prefer Fear the Walking Dead over Walking Dead. But right now I’m starting season 4 of Van Helsing.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic