Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,701 to 36,720 of 37,068

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Sorry for your loss, D.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I suppose I'll get to test that theory next month at my work's Christmas party. XD I don't plan to get drunk as I'll be driving myself home (and may need to help supervise a member of HR....I heard someone had to give them a ride home last year), but I do plan to enjoy a brew or two during the evening.

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned this before, but I'm not a normal drinker, nor do I typically stock alcohol in my house. I tend to drink a little at celebrations, social events, etc. if something I like is available and/or if I want to try something new. I've tried a few good, interesting drinks in my life, but I'm quite a novice when it comes to what is in what in many cases. XD

On the axe throwing: I assure you that each range had a staff member supervising it. Both to demonstrate and train patrons how to throw, and to make sure they follow the rules and aren't too inebriated to participate.

@bimmy-lee I kind of figured that's what happened. Something else that probably didn't help (if this is true) is that it had been almost two hours since I'd eaten anything, and not a lot at that. I'd had a big lunch and didn't want to load up too much at dinner/supper. I've mixed drinks in my stomach before, but clearly their percentage wasn't as high lol.

What happened there was that my coworker went up to get us drinks and they didn't have the beer I wanted to try in stock, so he opted for something else that I might like. It was Pale Ale, which I wasn't very fond of; probably shouldn't have finished it, but I did out of politeness since it wasn't entirely revolting. If I had known they'd had wine beforehand (missed it on the menu), I'd have asked for that first and probably went from there.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, it's not a theory, ma'am, it's a proven fact. Alcohol is an anti-inhibitor, NOT some kind of truth serum that'll make you reveal the deepest, darkest business-related secrets or matters that your employer has entrusted you with, and as such, it'll only ever reveal the back of your tongue in conversations, such as opinions on people/co-workers and similar everyday things, or the aforementioned embarrassing things from your own past, simply because without the loss of your natural inhibitions, you simply just don't care anymore, or at the very least, you'll care a lot less about what people may or may not think about those things, and about you.

And now that you know that, be sure to make alcohol your tool of choice when you want some of your co-workers to reveal the goods on people. Just charm them into drinking more than you do, and make them sing...

On a side note: supervised axe throwing sounds just about right. I'd hate to think of the reality of even slightly tipsy people trying to handle an axe without seriously hurting themselves or others. That would be some story for the company's archives, and definitely one to not share with your family and friends, unless of course you've downed a couple of glasses of whatever is your poison of choice...

Glad to see that you're a responsible person, though. People that drink and drive are never okay in my book. I've seen and even witnessed too many bad things for that to ever turn a blind eye to such behavior.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Yeah I’m sure you know some cocky individuals who think they can hack it on the drive home. They are just lucky.

Same to people who are smoking bowls and driving. They say it doesn’t effect them, but I see driving all strange and swerving either under or over the speed limit. 😑

NotTelevision

Eel

Just ordered one of those 8bitdo controllers with the two dpads. I’ll absolutely use it to play Links Awakening and see how other games play with it.

It’ll make a nice travel controller too.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

@NintendoByNature the dpads in that controller are replacing the joysticks. The games interpret them as joystick inputs.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

NintendoByNature

@StableInvadeel that would be sweet. I thought about getting one for some 2d games. But it would just be redundant since i already have a sn30 pro.

NintendoByNature

Eel

@NintendoByNature yeah I'm getting it more as a novelty than anything else.

However I can see it coming with me in trips, and well, it'll be immune to drift 🙃

Too bad it doesn't have motion controls. That would've made it 50% better.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

NintendoByNature

@StableInvadeel I can understand that. I actually like the look of the yellow. $25 isn't that bad either. What entices me more though since itll be a different style than my sn30 pro is the m30 Saturn one. Wouldn't mind revisiting a rolling dpad

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

I'm listening to this Pokemon Eurobeat song while keep monitoring the funny debates on Pokemon Sword / Shield articles with some "Wah Wah Dexit, Wah Wah Gamefreaks is lazy, etc".

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

My friend let me borrow her XB1 so I can get a Fallout fix. Managed to snag copies of 4 and 76 for $18 total, and 4 had an unused code for 3 inside. I’ve opted to install 3 and play that while I wait for 70+ GB of updates to 76.

Fallout 76Gb. I see what you did there, Bethesda. I see it, and no one thinks it’s funny but you. I’ve no interest in playing with randos, so has a solo experience gotten any better, @NEStalgia ?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I bought a baggie of discounted Halloween candy.

I have Tootsie roll stuck in my teeth.

Hm. I'm gonna need more.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Tyranexx

The best time of year to buy candy in my experience is after a holiday where it's a necessity for many. I don't normally stock a lot of it in my house, but the time after some holidays like Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's Day makes that VERY difficult. XD

Anti-Matter wrote:

I'm listening to this Pokemon Eurobeat song while keep monitoring the funny debates on Pokemon Sword / Shield articles with some "Wah Wah Dexit, Wah Wah Gamefreaks is lazy, etc".

I'm just staying out of most of the comment sections on those articles at this point. Sorting the sane points, optimism, objective criticisms, etc. from the insane stuff requires more brainpower than I want to spare for something like that. I've been trying to expose myself to less of that stuff recently.

@ThanosReXXX ...Which still means I should probably take it easy on the drinks in any case at the Christmas party. XD I get along with most of the people I see on a day-to-day basis just fine, but we're also quarantined off from a lot of the company for the most part; my team is situated in a unit across the street in a building the company owns along with some other businesses. A few of the requests that have come through the pipe from over there have been...odd, to say the least. I'm so glad our support team and the managers filter through some of that, or else we would have likely appended a program that runs a toaster that displays memes or something.

Funnily enough, I joked with my coworker before we met up to head to the event via text message. I asked them if they were ready to risk committing involuntary manslaughter.

Drinking and driving is definitely never okay in my book either. If someone wants to get past the tipsy point, that's up to them. I just hope they'd have the sense in advance to give their keys to a DD or another trustworthy person or to arrange a ride home. I've not been directly affected by drunk driving, but I do know someone who is VERY lucky to be alive after getting behind the wheel several years ago. They're still here, but the vehicle they were driving? It was hauled to their high school on a trailer, at the insistence of the parents, to set an example of what NOT to do.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx “Sorting the sane points, optimism, objective criticisms, etc. from the insane stuff requires more brainpower than I want to spare for something like that.”

So true. 😂 Well said.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

I'm really not sure if it's me that's changed or the general atmosphere online. But more and more I've felt like there is nothing but negativity in nearly any thread or comment section I visit anymore. I felt like I got away from it when I left mainstream social media sites like Facebook, and I never heavily used Twitter or Reddit.

Talking to my coworker over lunch yesterday and he says it's because it's just easier for people to criticize and attack. And I happen to think people are more likely to say what they don't like, than what they do...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Woomy_NNYes

For anyone with telescope AND SOLAR FILTER in North & South America, transit of Mercury going on right now, and for the next 3 hours. Ends 11:15am eastern time US. Probably just me & a tumbleweed care on here. But it's cool to check out if looking at a planet or galaxy appeals to you. Transit of Mercury is when the planet Mercury passes in front of the sun. Too tiny to see with solar eclipse glasses. (it's the lower black dot in the example pic)

https://www.techexplorist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Tran...

Edit: Viewing area:
http://www.eclipsewise.com/oh/oh-figures/tm2019-Fig02a.gif

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

Playing: A Hat in Time, Crash Team Racing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Splatoon 2, Trials Rising.
Looking forward to December CTR grand prix

FC: SW-5453-2229-5124
Usr:Anderiah / SpookyDipr (scary Halloween username)
eastern US

Anti-Matter

@Woomy_NNYes
Not happened in my country Indonesia (Mercury transit 2019)

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Yeah, I know someone like that alright... Suffice to say that little more than half a lifetime ago,
I sat next to one of those over-confident drivers. He had borrowed his father's Mercedes, and we went to the city with a group of friends, while out camping, to look for the local disco or bar. We did find several, and had a good time, but on the way back, no one was able to convince him to hand over the keys.

So, against all our better judgments, we got into the car with him. It was pretty crowded too, me and another friend sitting on the front passenger seat, and four in the back. Now imagine this: pitch dark, only some yellow light lanterns on the road, which was what we call a B-road over here (not a freeway, but also not quite a country road, so more like a smaller, two lane asphalt road), which drives past a lot of farm lands, with ditches on both sides of the road.

Of course, no one was sober anymore, so while he was driving, we were talking and singing and what not, when all of a sudden, you felt the car swerve to the right, wheels bouncing over uneven surfaces, and then the car coming to a sudden stop, bumping into something...

Luckily not too hard, because we weren't driving that fast, so no one flew through the car or the windshield, but the first thing I saw when I looked through that wind shield was both pretty harrowing and sobering:
Untitled
If we had been driving any faster, we'd probably all be taking an involuntary dive in the ditch...

To this day, I'm VERY glad we survived that. Suffice to say that we drove what little was left of the way home even slower than we already had, and none of our parents ever got to find out. I don't even know anymore what excuse my friend told his father, to explain away the dent on the nose of the Mercedes...

@Tyranexx Of course, you should ALWAYS take it easy, especially if you're either the designated driver, or a person who already speaks easily and freely when not inebriated. Then again: from our previous discussions,
I didn't really get the impression that you fall into that second category, so if you don't have to drive, I wouldn't be too worried, if I were you. And from what you also already told me, you don't even drink that much to begin with, so I think you're safe on all counts...

As for knowing someone who's lucky to be alive: see the story above the comment directed at you...

@Heavyarms55 I'd say your friend hit the nail right on the head. And it is true, unfortunately. Being negative is FAR more easy than being, or staying positive, ESPECIALLY in this day and age, when everyone has an incessant need to express his or her opinion, or wants to post their every brain fart for the entire world to see, no matter how useless or insulting.

Saying something negative is quick, mindless, and anyone can do it. Being positive or constructive, takes conscious thought, and putting together a string of reasoning, and of course, in today's fast online world, you just KNOW that you're going to put yourself right in the middle of a sh** storm, because half of the world or the local community of whatever website you're on, is going to disagree with you, or dislike your comment. Even on here, there's articles where only ever a royal handful of sane and positive people are posting actually thoughtful and normal comments.

Like I always say: the internet, and it's online anonymity, gave many more people a voice. And it also gave a voice to certain people who never should have gotten one in the first place.

I'm all for democracy, and freedom of speech, but if all you do with that freedom is whine, b**** and moan about every damn thing or person that doesn't agree with you or your views, then far as I'm concerned, you're not the person who these inalienable rights were meant for...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX "Saying something negative is quick, mindless, and anyone can do it."

While this is true you don't believe that all negative comments are mindless and NOT constructive right?

It is very easy to point out flaws but if you are a die hard fan of something it is also very easy to point out positives. Does that mean that the fan of something that only says positive things is mindless because he is not able to see the negatives?

I think we can assume that the 50/50 rule or 60/40 is more appropriate in regards of constructive criticism. The bias will always be present in ALL kind of opinions.

But I agree that opinions of this kind "This suxxxx because it is idiotic and pathetic!" are mindless indeed.

Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic