Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,561 to 36,580 of 96,507

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I like it. Amazing technique. If you have a whole bag of pull n peels, you have to eat one strand whole for a flavor stampede.

@NintendoByNature - I’ve stared at both Escapist games every time they’ve been on sale, and even though it’s intriguing; I’ve never pulled the trigger because they seem like games I’d never fully figure out, or give them the amount of time it takes to figure them out.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

I have watched Frozen 2 from cinema just now.
Well.... I wasn't really impressed.
I didn't drop any my tears of happiness indicated i didn't drive my emotional feelings for 103 minutes. Just some giggles from Olaf's jokes and funny attitudes. The songs weren't memorable and i forgot how did the songs played. Overall, quite mediocre for me,

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee I mean, i WANT to like it. I Just don't get it. I end up doing roll call, lunch, showers, exercise and job fairs, but I cant seem to get any items to craft or find anyway to break out. It's really confusing honestly. I'll keep trying but i was really hoping for a Great experience as this was on my wishlist since launch.
@anti-matter I'll probably take my daughter next weekend. She loved the first one.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter This proves my theory that sequels are never as good as the original - they can't be. If the first is a runaway hit like Frozen, there's going to be so much hype for the sequel it'll never live up to it. Oh well, I wasn't planning on seeing it anyway.

Matthew010

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Frozen 2 focused on searching the mysterious voice, discovered the reason why both their parents died, remove the thick mist that covering a whole forest, Kristoff plan to get married with Anna, searching for the fifth element to solve the problem, water have memory so it could tell the history or what happened in the past, etc.

The random things i saw : A lot of shattered tiny crystals with four different symbols that looks like The Sims crystals, Searching for the fifth element after 4 elements (Earth, Wind and Fire.... Oops forgot the Water) was reminding me for The Fifth Element movie (The fifth element were same for both of them, LOVE)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool you played SA2 on Dreamcast back in the day. I really wanted a Dreamcast as a kid, but it was a lot of money back then. I did play Sonic Adventure on a kiosk at Sears, but that's about it. So I ended up sticking with the N64. I did have one eventually, but mine kept resetting over and over again.

I like Mario Tennis Aces quite a bit actually. It's a bit light on content, but the gameplay has a ton of depth to it. I like the moves you can do in that game, particularly the trick shot and that slow-motion move. I would recommend it when it goes on sale.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I think I also first played Sonic Adventure on a kiosk, though it was when GameStop first opened where I lived.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I had fun playing the trial and I still have the save file in event I pick up the game.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

HobbitGamer

@Sunsy I can’t remember if you’re in the US, but Target has Aces as a Black Friday doorbuster for $30. I think.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

I'll be able to go out on Black Friday since that place who hired me to play Mr. Voorhees turned me down for their Christmas operations since i'm just to tall for their costumes.

I COULD'VE BEEN BUDDY THE ELF!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Zuljaras

@Matthew010 I have few exmaples of the opposite

Predator 2 is at least for me better than Predator (yeah sorry Arnie).

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust for me is better than the Original Vampire Hunter D.

I prefer Die Hard 3 than any other Die Hard.

I am sure I could think of 1-2 more.

But your point still stands. Sequels are usually worse!

bimmy-lee

@SheldonRandoms - You’re being typecast! Even so, I see no reason why Jason can’t be a part of this operation. Christmas comes for him too. It’s probably a real special day for him. I’m sure he gets something nice for his mom’s head.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

Mostly.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

I was thinking ear rings. Or ears. Or maybe a nice deal on ears with ear rings already in them. Maybe a nice hat. Stuff like that.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Hah! I recalled that android phones now detect switch pro controllers, so I tried it with the 8bitdo lite in switch mode, and it really does work quite well! (Besides the fact several buttons are incorrectly mapped, but maybe they’re working on that?)

Now, if only the iPad could connect to it, it would be perfect all in one travel controller.

Edit: android also detects it in windows mode, and it works better there, so that’s that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia What browser were/are you using? In Firefox, when that happens (and I've also had that same error you've now had more than once), I just use the browser's back button, and it reloads the page with the comment that I typed so far archived in it, so I've never lost a comment.

Either way, if it's not going to be another text wall, be sure to tell me about this misunderstanding, because now I'm curious...

In all seriousness, though, I simply think some of the mutual misunderstandings come from looking at it from one's own point of view. I tried to prevent that by explicitly mentioning in one of my comments that I was purely looking at it from a European/Dutch standpoint/situation, and not taking into account how it is in the States. First off, I don't know enough about cows in the States, other than the fact that they probably don't raise/keep/breed cows the same way as the Dutch do.

And the Dutch don't have Longhorns or Heresfords or any of the other breeds you mentioned.

Either way, enough of cows. The phrase "we can argue about this until the cows come home" was never more appropriate...

Liking the beer barn idea, though.

So, how about that Elon Musk guy and his Cyber Truck kerfuffle, huh? What a fiasco...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX that cybertruck fiasco was like something out of robocop 😂

#MudStrongs

Sunsy

@HobbitGamer Yes, I'm in the US, thanks for the heads up on the deal. I think, I'll pass. I don't do well in crowds, and I know what Black Friday is like since my mom worked it a long time ago. I'll wait on it anyway as Christmas is around the corner, and I usually get a game or two, sometimes one of them being a surprise.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

Ok we saw frozen 2 too. It's interestingly almost like a full on musical, moreso than the regular Disney movie.

I feel like it was a bit of a short story, but heavily padded with songs (though Kristoff's music video was hilariously out of place. I must say I liked the apparent self awareness).

It was fine in the end, but I feel like their heavy use of songs ultimately hurt the story.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@Sunsy I hear ya. I guess that’s why a lot of brick & mortar are offering the same sales on their online storefronts. I’ve worked 4 of them, two GameStop and two Blockbuster. I don’t miss my retail career during this season.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic