Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,521 to 36,540 of 36,901

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Your videos, btw, kind of confirm what I was saying: Notice most of that is China, minus the Seattle one (which is disgraceful that that happened, though when I think Seattle, I think 1970's Moscow, so it fits...), the NYC one which actually is quite a nice looking result, and the buildings are complimentary rather than shameful, Japan that was done tastefully and isn't a home at all, and DC...which...yeah.... And the train one is cool. The rest were China and clearly were not "we're working within the property laws" and were mostly "we're going to make a public example of anyone who resists." Unlike the Dutch owner you mentioned that was roughly respectful.

I expect that from China, it's not a secret what their policies are on such matters. And that's the problem. We're acting like China now, no doubt with Chinese investors behind a good chunk of it as well. I know you're coming at it from an urban-renter perspective, but the very concept that they build out residential areas and towns and a way of life, and you buy into that area and way of life - it's not done as a temporary accommodation, you buy in because you want that way of life, not the other ways of life on offer, and you sink your entire life into that, and establish roots. The wealthy and powerful are not supposed to be able to simply erase that way of life because they can - that's why governments are supposed to exist. Sure for an urban renter you just pack up and leave, it's a hassle but doesn't undermine absolutely everything you've spent your life on like for owners.

This modern idea of "redevelopment" isn't much unlike the Trail of Tears except they give you (minimal) money instead of a reservation. It's simply dressed up in "civilized" clothing. It's the same old saga displacing one population to make way for a wealthier larger population and the wants of that population overriding the group and way of life they are displacing simply because they can overpower them. It was wrong in the 19th century and it's wrong today. And if it's not wrong, point me to a small country in a nice climate to invade and take over their lands.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - My dog is a good boy, part terrier of some sort, and he would absolutely kill anything cat sized or smaller. It’s tough to digest because he really is a sweetheart. I guess it’s just thousands of years of learned behavior, and he thinks he’s doing his job. Still though, it’s a bit disturbing to see him so happy about murdering a small creature when he actually catches one.

@NEStalgia - Okay boomer. It’s not that hard. Just play Fortnite in your bedroom day and night, get totally addicted/not addicted, and forego everything else that matters. Someone else will take care of those things for you. Simple.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Rocky is the same way. He will wear himself out just trying to reach a rabbit running up and down the fence. One time a bunny bigger than him made it under the fence and they ran around the 2/3 acre perimeter maybe seven times before I got the gate unlocked and herded the poor creature to safety. At one point the thing played dead and Rocky completed a full revolution before he realized his prey took a lap break. When I finally got Rocky inside, he hopped onto the couch and immediately fell asleep.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I’ve had that exact scenario before. Rabbits bother me the most because they make horrible noises when they’re injured. I was able to get him out the gate before his doom as well, thank goodness. Would’ve loved to see Rocky’s race though, and his level of satisfaction when he curled up on the couch. Here’s my old boy keeping guard on the front stoop, waiting on something to move. Took this at the end of summer:

Untitled

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I'm totally with you on the issue of toxicity. It's been really nasty. I've avoided any and all story leaks but I was willing to let myself be spoiled on the Pokedex. While it's not as large as I might have liked, there is still plenty of diversity that I am looking forward to. Thankfully the YouTube channel I follow, aDrive, shares my opinion of wanting to see the Pokedex but no story, so I've just let him sort through the leaks.

@ThanosReXXX Kind of you to look out for him like that. I have the game but haven't started it yet. Not for lack of interest. Just too many things I want to do and not nearly enough time. My backlog is larger than it ever has been, and yet I'm still adding to it.

@bimmy-lee They're on their way! You can summon them by saying "Moe moe kyuu!" in you most feminine-intimidating voice. But they wont obey you unless you meet their standards.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Eel

I don't find any signs of the cat at the moment, but I also don't see anything that would imply it died a pitbully death, and I didn't hear anything weird. It's either hiding somewhere around the backyard, or found it's way out.

Now that we are sharing pics, here's the dog in question, currently enjoying the company of her favorite ball.

Getting her to stop and pose for a second was harder than it looks.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, the "Up house" didn't really look complimentary or whatever. It was a small house stuck in between skyscrapers, and it looked enormously out of place. And of course the rest was going to be either China or Japan, seeing as especially in the former, governments and/or certain types of organizations like to beat people into submission, so if they can do that by bullying you by making a highway right past your doorway, then they will...

And sure, I'm looking at all we discussed from a renter's perspective, but not entirely, since most of my family actually bought their houses, so I'm in the minority, even in my own circle of family and friends. So, I've also seen and heard of various examples of them. Imagine this one, although it's not that bad, but you'll probably be able to relate:

Friends of mine bought a house, with a garden and a small canal running past it, so they could actually use a boat and all that, and on the other side of that canal/ditch was grasslands, far as the eye could see. When they first entered the property they got a "cross my heart" about that view never going to be obstructed, but guess what? Not even 4 or 5 years later, they are now looking at a mirror image of their own house, right across that watery divide...

So, I may not have the same troubles as owners, being a renter and all, but I've definitely semi-witnessed them indirectly with friends and family, so I know more than enough to at the very least be able to relate.

@Heavyarms55 Well, I kinda felt bad for him, because he posted that message, and no one replied, and he's new, so yeah... And I really am the social and helpful kind. On a good day, that is...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Nice to see mine isn’t the only weirdo that sits and stares motionless. They look so majestic before they act like buffoons.

@StableInvadeel That furry fiend is adorable

Any of y’all had a cat that tilts its head as if it’s favoring one? Jack was hiding all day, and when I found and nabbed him, he didn’t want to walk far and his balance seemed off. I’m concerned he may have an ear infection, but his ears look no different, he doesn’t have snots or tears, and he isn’t irritated when I palpated his body and head. Only like this today, am I just worrying a little?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Great, more standards to meet or exceed. I’m always so bad at that. I’ll do my best.

@HibbitGamer - One minute, sitting statuesque in the golden, setting sun. The next moment, eating poop. Gotta love them.

@StableInvadeel - I love those big bully smiles. The bully breeds express their moods so clearly on their faces. She looks like a sweetheart. Looks like you have some cool plants too.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Yeah sorry I couldn’t help there. I won’t be getting my copy of LM3 until later this month.

But respect to you for not leaving them hanging. Anyone else would have left that beta male either stranded or pounded them into dust.

Stand up fellow you are.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee I believe in you! Just visit a couple maid cafes and ask them to teach you.

Feel free to add me

Eel

@bimmy-lee oh yeah, she can do the biggest dumb smile I've ever seen on a dog. Very expressive.

She's genuinely a sweetheart, she just gets a bit scary when another dog initiates conflict. And, well, she's a big playful sack of potatoes with claws, even though she doesn't want to hurt you, she's a bit too rough.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

You all have some adorable pets! I'm ever so slightly more of a cat person, but I really enjoy dogs too; I have a slight preference of medium and large dogs since smaller ones tend to have a Napoleon complex, but I don't dislike the little guys/ladies either. It really depends on the individual dog.

Edit: Went to see Maleficent: Mistress of Evil this evening. It's a decent watch if you enjoyed the first movie. Fairly predictable, but magical nonetheless.

@Heavyarms55 I've also avoided story leaks for the most part but did likewise spoil the Pokedex entries for myself. There also are less new 'Mon than I'd like, but my mental database of Pokemon names is secretly relieved. XD

I'm just waiting to learn about the version exclusives. I'm still leaning slightly towards Shield as my final pick.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I got the double pack. Debating with myself if I'm going to take the 15th off of work to play. XD It would be the first time I'd ever done that. But only because for a long time I still had the old mindset I had built up from hourly jobs I had before this one. I had several jobs before this one where, if I asked for a day off or turned down a request to work when I wasn't scheduled even once, I'd be "punished" by getting significantly less hours overall and no further opportunities for more. Pizza Hutt while I was in university still was the most blatant about it. I say no one time and that was it. Within a month they were giving me basically no hours...

Just a bit of a tangent there. XD Anyway, I really really want to play Pokemon!

Feel free to add me

NintendoByNature

@thanosrexxx hey my man. I've been on in training for work in a different state so i haven't been on much today. Saw you tagged me in a luigis mansion question. Rsther than skim thru everything I wanted to ask if the guy got his question answered? If not, I'll skim back to the link you attsched.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I've traditionally always picked one of the two, though I did own both the original Gold and Silver carts at one point. I also tend to pick up the "third" game or one of the two sequels/redone titles. Part of me would love getting both games, but it'll be some time before I get around to even one of them.

Ugh. I hate when jobs try to pull stuff like that. I've personally been fairly lucky in that regard where the direct management over me has been/was decent overall with time off, but some of the indirect staff like HR...ehhh.

Probably the worst was when I tried to file a bereavement day for a great aunt I had been close to. Since it wasn't a parent, grandparent, or sibling, I couldn't. I made things work - my job at the time was somewhat flexible with hours, so I effectively took the morning off for the funeral - but fitting in those makeup hours during the rest of the week made the days insanely long. That Monday in particular was horrible.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx That's totally understandable. There really is little reason to get both. I just lack self control sometimes. Also I did find the double pack on discount on Amazon when I ordered it.

And I understand about the the issue with your great aunt. My current job actually spells out in the contract which relatives "count" for that...

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Feel free to add me

Matty2310

On this day exactly 10 years ago, I bought my Wii...

So long ago...

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Don't be sorry. It was just a kind request after all. And if I remember correctly, I already added a sort of a disclaimer in that same post, mentioning something along the lines of "those of you that have played it" or something like that, so if that isn't you, then the request can be ignored. I just dragged a bunch of you in there, because I wasn't sure anymore which ones of you owned and/or played the game.

And thanks for the compliment, but for me, it seemed like a normal thing to do. The guy had a legitimate question/problem, and nobody was reacting to it, so I figured that I might as well give him a boost, even though I myself also don't have the game, but at least I've been able to get some of you to comment in that thread, so he's at least getting some reactions now...

@NintendoByNature No, I don't think the problem is solved yet. The guy takes slightly crappy screenshots, though, so his problem isn't really visible, but go and see/judge for yourself. Maybe you can figure out what the heck he's done, or isn't doing right.

Here you go, saves you the trouble of having to scroll back a couple pages:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/problem_w...

EDIT:
So... it would seem that he actually HAS found a way out, but it's more like an emergency measure than an actual solution, because it didn't fix the problem itself, actually. Maybe you've experienced similar glitches, or could still offer him some input? He now simply restarted the game from an earlier check point/save point, but that obviously still doesn't completely take care of the issue itself, because it just circumnavigates it, which doesn't mean that the glitch isn't still there.

And of course, progress is lost if you have to reload an earlier save point, which I personally also wouldn't like to do, depending on the amount of time that would have cost me, obviously.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Matty2310 I'm still using mine to this day.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic