Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,421 to 36,440 of 96,524

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX LOL, I'm slightly worried that @NintendoByNature missed my parody and is actually going to question the factory on the cut content of frozen turnovers and giant pretzel Goldfish.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Oh dear, the Pokewarming thread is already down to using the word "microaggressions" unironically.

Who has the bingo card for this one? We need "SJW", "snowflake", "safe space", "tolerance", "flat earther", "libtards", "brexiters", "rednecks", "green", "sustainable" "murica".....did I miss any squares?

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - They do not like your sweets and ham, HobbitGam-I-Am. They do not like it at their desks, in conference rooms it makes a mess. They’ve decided it’d be best, to give your sweets and ham a rest!

@NEStalgia - I know all I need to know after the review, and I’m just scrolling right past all the weirdness at this point. I’m just waiting for them to release the patch that fixes the brick bug that eats SD cards and I’ll buy a used copy. Vote with my wallet.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@Eel It's kind of a sad commentary when the forum section of the site is trying to stick to the site guidelines more stringently than that actual front page editorial staff, isn't it? Maybe you should write the editorials and news, and Damien should mod the forums. That way the front page stays on topic for Nintendo games and in the forums we can just talk current hot button politics and use words like "rword" (quoting the quote in the actual Pokemon bricks your console article) and it's considered normal. The good news is there's a pay raise involved for you! The bad news is Damien will be begging for food all the time.

Remember the time Ant posted a front page article entirely around Brexit? Fun times. I think the paid staff exists purely to screw with you.

Edited on by Eel

NEStalgia

Eel

I mean, I can't do anything about the article writers, but if we could leave the tone and attitude problems from the main site away from the forums, that would be nice, don't you think?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Eel Well in this case we're chit-chatting about the overt and very public collapse of the integrity of Nintendo Life....not so much dragging their topics here. This conversation is kind of my point. The forums are almost being set aside as a remnant of "the real Nintendo Life", while the real thing and the management is actively dismantling that culture in a public display.

I suppose it was inevitable. Once Switch exited the Iwata bubble and started picking up mainstream games it was inevitable that the community and it's fan sites would become like Playstation's.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia wrote:

.....did I miss any squares?

Relaxed forum topic ruiner/wrecker?

@Eel While I do tend to agree with the sentiment of what you suggest, my mind immediately wanders a couple of pages back, and I have to wonder if you've also considered telling that "jump" guy off, because he was quite comfortably trying to also fan the flames of the Pokémon Sw/Sh in here, whereas all NES was doing, is generally wondering what the heck happened in those specific comments sections (which, by the way, is my exact sentiment as well. I can't believe people can get so up in arms over a simple piece of electronic entertainment, that should be nothing more than a rather innocent, disposable hobby)...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I'm like that too! In games like Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Smash Bros., I tend to pick whichever characters I like the best (in Smash Bros.' case, if I'm good at playing as them too). Personally, I'm the kind of player who likes playing as the good guys and even the Princesses over the bad guys.

I do remember renting Metroid Prime back in the day too. I didn't really get into it the first time I played it, but now I'm pretty close to finishing the game. Last time I played it, I got stuck at one of the boss fights, but I did get quite a few items. I finished a handful of Metroid games too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee I think we should all be talking about Bimmy’s sweet rhymes.

They do not like for me to train;
They prefer methods rather plain;
They shall not have my ham again;
For I stay locked in my dungeon.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia NOOOO! What have I done dids?! Escape while you can everyone! This thing is flying out of the station!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia While looking for (more) dirt on Google Stadia on YouTube, I came across this video, that simply screamed "NEStalgia" to me, so I figured I just HAD to share it with you. Here you go:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Haha, I'm down for the hardware. But the size is too big for my "crazy nearsighted monitor stand" and too small for my "crazy nearsighted actual TV"

Actually my displays aren't gaming grade. They're not even terribly low latency. They're rugged really reliable enterprise/signage monitors that are very pretty to look at though. And most importantly: MATTE!

NEStalgia

Eel

I figured "why not sell a little more of my soul to china?" and bought a huawei smart watch during our Mexican equivalent to Black Friday this past weekend. To go with my huawei smartphone I got earlier this year. Figured sticking with the same brand would make things easier.

It's a bit of a frivolous expense, but gosh darn it, it's so nifty. Can't wait to look like an idiot and answer calls on my wristwatch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ah, yes of course. Forgot that you lived in a walk-in closet...
I'm a bit disappointed, though. I actually figured your displays would be of a higher grade, what with you being such a stickler for details and precision and all...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic