Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,321 to 36,340 of 96,491

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature I feel like the game has held up really well. It’s still really fun playing around with the enemy AI, since they are so reactive to everything you do. I especially like blasting a group of them mid-jump and watching them fall off the edge of a bridge, or doing the classic bullet to the kneecap then knife to the face maneuver. Never gets old.

NotTelevision

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Come one man Don't take those people too seriously. First it is just a game, second it is on the internet. You could just ignore it and move on.

It is not like the gane will sell any worse, it is Pokemon after all.

Also GameFreak does not need defending as far as I see it.

Most people (that are constructive) don't want GF to fall in the pit with EA abd Bethesda because their people on high positions lie to the public/fans and then the devs get all the hate. It is not fair!
But the devs are just working monkeus for them to use as they see fit.

This is the first time I see people getting angry before (and now after) a Pokemon release. Let's GO does not count!

We will the the sales report. I bet it is good.

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision it really is fun blast them in certain areas..or off a ladder lol.
@Eel I dont think i made it to the big boss just yet. I'll let you know tonight when I hop back on.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

The funny thing about criticizing something(mentioning negative design choices), is that I actually find it more intellectually demanding. It forces you to consider how game systems/development decisions/aesthetics etc... don’t aline with others and what could’ve been changed to improve the game. It should be much harder than saying “everything works well here” or it’s “near perfect”. I actually enjoy reading well considered opinions I personally disagree with because it makes me step back and reconsider why I feel that way. That’s actually when websites based around media work best in my opinion. A respectable group of individuals discussing and debating what they love, don’t like, or maybe even hate. It’s fun to be in that dialogue, that’s probably why many of us are off the beaten path, discussing random crap in these forums.

The review bombers on Metacritic on the other hand, are just using the site just as a cat does a litter box. Leaving waste and running off so other people need to clean it up. Same with some of the trolls on YouTube, IMDB, and Reddit. It’s a shame that’s become so common now online, but... yeah... what are you gonna do?

Maintaining a slightly absurd point of view keeps me from getting too bitter about it though. Avoiding the drama for a while also helps. 😛

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ah, I'm not THAT angry, more like frustrated at so much stupidity and negativity over a game, so we agree there. And I don't personally care about Pokémon, or any game for that matter, to such an extent that I'm going to whine and complain about it 24/7...

So, it's not so much me defending a company, because I couldn't care less about Game Freak if I tried, but it's more like wanting to give all these people a wake up call. Normally, you'd do that by giving them a good slap in the face, but since this is online, I can't. Probably adds to the frustration as well...

I'm simply amazed and annoyed at how these people seem to be or get so entitled, and seem to think that a company must cater to their every wish, and if all the boxes aren't ticked off, then the company has failed them, or something. Well, I can tell you from my own professional experience in sales & marketing that no single company on this Earth caters to the wishes of the general public. It's all artificial, because the companies actually create those wishes and/or needs in the first place, so they set the standard to which we hold them all by themselves.

And even criticism and/or anger is taken into account, because it's a hook, leaving people wanting for more, or better, so you can bet your behind that all of these idiots will still buy the next Pokémon game, or stay invested in it, because that's just how it works. But obviously, I see right through those tactics, which makes it both so funny and sad/frustrating at the same time.

I'd always figure that you don't specifically have to be in the business that I'm in, to understand how that trick works, but apparently, a lot of people definitely don't, and still remain in their tiny, entitled bubble, complaining all the way to the bank...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I completely agree with you that a company should never ever create a game with the wishes from the fans! The same happened with Heroes of Might and Magic VII and it was not good!
Ubisoft basically had a poll in which the gamers decide which races will be included in the game. And they did the same with units and unit-looks. Disaster.

You are right. Game devs should do what they want and if the public does not like it … well it is bad for both parties.

I must admit that I was angry with the lies of the models and such but now I am ok with it as long as lots of people like the games. Not "like them blindly" but are genuinely pleased with them.

@Anti-Matter Another worthless comment from you that can only fuel another mini rage war here. Also, "throw their tantrum like spoiled bratz." really? You from all people had most tantrums on this site over R-rated games.

That is why the report menu has this option: "If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all." It is made just for you.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras If by lies over the models you mean that they were not re-made from the ground up, then I have to disappoint you, because there's no way in hell that they used (upscaled) 3DS models for this game. Like one of the few smart people in that acidic Pokémon thread explained, that simply wouldn't have worked, because it would have meant FAR more work than just building them from the ground up, for several reasons.

As for the game itself: I guess it'll do more than okay. People will still buy and play it, and the whiners will move on to other topics, or will prepare themselves for the next disappointment, when the next game in the series will eventually come out...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision well said. I don't mind hearing other peoples opinions, like you. Much in the same way, it makes me reconsider what my thoughts were in the first place. What im not crazy about is the angry style of rants people go on, ya know? Like @thanosrexxx said after All, it's just a game at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I'm very passionate about my games and franchises that i adore, so in a sense, I can somewhat understand when people get frustrated, but I won't take it to the end of the spectrum and be an extremist. I'll just say.... Well, that blows, id rather have this or that, but at the end of the day, I'll just play the game and move on, or not play at all.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Btw, i didn't even put Zuljaras on my Ignore list.
But, i keep hearing his rude comments toward me. 😒
Oh well.....

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I say that because I watched a video where they put the datamined 3D models next to the 3DS models and they were virtually the same. I guess that is fake then? If that is true then some people go to great lengths to make a fuss about it and for what, to gain viewers? That is pathetic really

Eel

Oh of course. Today's Pokemon go community day starts right at the same time as my dentist appointment.

Well, maybe if I'm not in terrible pain or too intoxicated afterwards I'll be able to catch a few chimchars.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Yeah exactly. Ultimately you are posting your comment on the Internet for others to see, so it’s helpful to keep that in mind and be civil.

I’m also a fan of franchises, big and small, so it’s quite interesting to see what people have to say. In the age of Kickstarter campaigns designed to recapture nostalgic feelings and “giving the people what they want” something is sometimes lost in the process. I like comfort food but I also like creators giving me something I didn’t think I wanted. I’m not referencing Pokémon as an example here, but as @Zuljaras said earlier, listening to what everyone wants is not always the best way forward.

Being skeptical doesn’t have to mean being dismissive, because sometimes what we really want is not what we think.

That is probably poorly worded, but I’m going with it anyway 😆

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision yep. I think a good example on my end was cadence of hyrule. I was VERY skepticle and dare i say, disappointed in the idea of a rythym based zelda game. It's my favorite franchise and i was a little worried that id hate it. By no means was I so frustrated that I took to social media to voice my issues. I ended up trying it out and as it turns out, it's one of my favorite zelda outings. Thus, my profile pic 😁. Moral of the story, you can easily be surprised when you didn't think you would be.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision comment #36,844 - well said.

@NintendoByNature Thanks!

@Anti-Matter Nobody cares, buddy. Nobody cares. Look to yourself first, then point at others. If you don't want people to react negatively towards you, then don't post such ridiculous comments. Oh, and "Bratz" is a brand name, not a name for a spoiled person. That's written with an S at the end, not a Z...

@Zuljaras Of course there's a lot of similarities, but that's also because they can't just make completely different looking models, because they have to look, and even more importantly: "feel" the part.

I mean after all: if you compare N64's Pokémon Stadium models to the ones on the GameCube, then these are also practically the same, but that doesn't mean that the N64's models were simply ported over to the GameCube. And now, with the Switch, that isn't the case either. The architecture is radically different, the way the hardware handles in-game content is completely different, and even more important: it's been made with a completely different engine, so put all of that together, and all these conspiracy theorists simply haven't got a leg to stand on.

Not that it's going to stop them doing what they like so much, but still...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I meant the model skeletons not 2 pictures. I meant it as 2 files opened and put next to each other. That is what I saw from the video. And now I have doubts if it is real or not.

Anyway I really want to see the sales report. And with the holidays coming it will be huge!

TheFrenchiestFry

Jedi Fallen Order is honestly probably a GOTY contender and ive only played an hour and 16 minutes of it on Steam

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, simply consider this: the 3DS is a 240p screen console/handheld, so they'd have to blow up the model skeletons/wire frame models as well, to get them to 720p and higher. And as I said: the game is running on a completely different engine as well. Save but the most generic files, such as images and sound files, you can't just port models from one custom engine to another, unless you use some kind of converter and/or adapter, and for that many models, it would mean SO much extra time and effort into remaking them into HD versions, that it would pretty much be an enormous waste of time to do, so it makes no sense whatsoever.

And YouTube videos being made to create sensational, not always completely true or highly embellished content is happening everyday, so no surprise there. A lot of these channels are like today's digital version of tabloids.

If the developers say that they made the models from the ground up, and explain in detail why they did, then that's what happened, not what some attention wh*** of a YouTube "celebrity" said...

If the developers would lie, then they'd only undermine their own credibility, so it's highly unlikely that this is the case.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@Eel bahahah i just played the boss in the castle and my skeptical self said, "there's No way his brother beat that guy in 10 seconds." Much to my surprise, I pulled out the rocket launcher and boom, achievement for defeating him lol. It's really a cheese way to win, but...... I saved a ton of ammo in the process and regret nothing hahaah

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Eh, sorry for the typo. 😅
Btw, do you play Pokemon Sword / Shield too ?
Looks like i will getting my Pokemon Sword on this Sunday after i got notification on my Whatsapp if Pokemon Sword / Shield is already available at Surabaya.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter No, not yet. I might get the game after Christmas, but I'm not sure yet. There's a lot of other games that I also want, so we'll see what happens when the time comes.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic