Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,421 to 35,440 of 96,298

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter them numbers after each of your fav games is that how much you completed ( careful tere very big word ) them ?😁😁😁😁😁

Ninfan

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Of course the governments would prefer everyone to remain illiterate. That's how half of the last millennium functioned, and it suited them fine. Religions, I don't know. They have an awful lot of text they actually do want people to read (and shove it in your face, physically, to read.) I think they're fine with reading....they'd just like to inform you how to interpret what you read, much like government schools.

As for China, that's nothing new. For thousands of years, there has/had been a pretty slow purge of all non-Han ethnics. That's the shaping of the entire modern Chinese "ethnicity." It's a HUGE area of land. There were once quite a few subtly different ethnicities making it up. Most were eliminated over a long period of time, and the Han for the most part are all that remains. That started long, long before even the modern Maoist & CCP governments came into being. And it's not much of a secret, it's an open declaration.

@NotTelevision I'm assuming the same people that apparently have still not bought GTAV and will be buying it over the next year?

I don't know what Bethesda does. It's clear their A team was not working on FO76 but was fielded out to a B team while the main team works on Starfield or whatever it is, and TES6. But the biggest problem with FO76, I mean other than that it arrived broken, and devoid of content, and with a horrible gameplay premise, and a terrible world design, and abysmal performance, and bad controls....is who is it for? Who's the market? Who ever said they wanted an always online group oriented non-MMO Fallout RPG without NPCs, quests, or a story? I mean who EVER said that? Ever?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Well, yeah, @NEStalgia .... Sort of, at least, since the explanation of how to interpret is usually missing Then, whatever has been taught about that part conveniently doesn't apply when it doesn't suit them But nobody these days has the excuse of not having access to the relevant literature or anything, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, I know that feeling. I kinda compare it to how you feel, the adrenaline rush when you've seen an action movie, and come out of the theater all pumped up and ready to go, except that's only a temporary rush, and if you're completely in these action series culture (like how many kids and teens are), it gets stuck in your head.

Like rounding up a couple of friends and imagining that you're the local A-Team, or something similar that I've never actually done in real life. No, honestly...

And of course, Hollywood in general is famous for creating "realities" that are showing us how things should NOT be, although in all fairness, that's slowly been improving over the last couple of years.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

@Anti-Matter them numbers after each of your fav games is that how much you completed ( careful tere very big word ) them ?😁😁😁😁😁

Not really.
Even though i put them on my Top 6 games, i still haven't finished some of them.
Btw, before you ask something, think again about the purpose. I saw you keep asking so many random things that keep baffling me and other peoples. Are you really serious with your questions ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, I never said it was hidden, just that it was their way, or the modern equivalent of controlling the general public, like how keeping people illiterate was the way in the Middle Ages.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Speaking about peoples in the past, used to be peoples was freak out with twins. They thought twins = disaster so one of them should be separated or killed. I heard the fear of twins was based on Doppelganger syndrome that believe if you see your clones, you will die very soon.

Correct me if i got half baked informations. 😅

Anti-Matter

TheFrenchiestFry

@bimmy-lee I personally think TFA gets way too much hate

It honestly isn't as much of A New Hope re-hash as people made it out to be in recent years. It borrows the story beats from it definitely, but where they're placed and the change in resulting consequences and how they affect the plot are wholly different contextually.

Starkiller Base still felt really stupidly uncreative though

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I played a ton of make believe A-Team back in my make believe days. As long as I was B.A. or not Face, I was happy. I shot a lot of imaginary AKs.

@BlueBlur101 - I thought VII was decent, and a major step up from I, II, and III. Then VIII came along and dragged the whole thing back down to just barely above the Anakin story arc. Just my opinion of course. At this point, I’m just happy with a SW movie if it doesn’t make me feel like I wasted my time watching it like I, II, III, and VIII. There were some cool moments in any one of those movies, but overall, they left me feeling like I should have done something productive with my time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Ralizah

I'm one of those people who prefer The Last Jedi to TFA. It's an interesting approach to take (essentially deconstructing as many tropes associated with the franchise as possible), even if it's wholly inappropriate for the middle film in a trilogy. Rian Johnson is a good director, but I think he's unsuited to this sort of film.

TFA, on the other hand... imagine A New Hope with cleaner visuals, no iconic dialogue, no soul, boring characters, and a version of Luke that constantly upstages everyone else and enjoys no personal growth of any kind, and you have TFA. I'd rather watch the prequels, and I really didn't like the prequels.

TFA feels like something churned out by a soulless corporate machine, whereas TLJ is an interesting, provocative, and messy failure.

Thankfully, the non-mainline Disney films have been pretty good. Particularly Rogue One with its memorable downer ending and more grounded approach to the material.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah... of course. You obviously wanted to pity the fools...

@Anti-Matter The doppelganger part is nonsense in relation to real twins and how they were treated in ancient times. That particular belief was about (evil) spiritual beings or apparitions posing as a twin, but not real life twins:
https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/doppelgangers-a...

Actual twins often did have a hard life, or were seen as demonic in the Middle Ages, especially Siamese twins. Here's some examples of that:

But on the other hand, twins were often also revered and worshiped, because they thought they were either magical or divine, and seen as perfect because of that:
http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Tr-Wa/Twins.html

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia I've got BSG entirely on Blue Ray, it's the only TV show I've ever bought the entire series of. I'm glad I did, since Netflix stopped hosting it.

I agree that the KOTOR games were spectacular! I know most people like the first one more, but I've always preferred the second for the higher level cap and the interactions with the party, being able to make them Jedi or Sith is just awesome! If you like the Rogue Squadron games, then you might enjoy the X-Wing books. Even if you aren't too interested in the wider Star Wars, the X-Wing books were based around the same thing as the Rogue Squadron games, just post Return of the Jedi. I've heard it described as Top Gun meets Star Wars, and I see the comparison but I would argue that Top Gun was much sillier. Not that the X-Wing books were hyper serious, just ironically a little more down to Earth.

@ThanosReXXX That's cool of you. I appreciate someone actually reading and considering what I have to say when I just dump a wall of text like that. I'm not entirely innocent in this either, but a lot of people see something they disagree with and stop reading. Yeah, the prior investment in the large universe makes it hard to appreciate something designed to replace it. I've tried comparing it to other series, like imagine if Disney bought Harry Potter, cut the last 4 books and decided to reboot the series from there. Or Lord of the Rings, or Star Trek etc... I've mostly come to terms with the new Star Wars being like one of the many comic book reboots we have had with Marvel or DC. But they didn't frame it that way in their stupid little "Legends" insert they put in all reprints of older books, instead they are just replacing the canon and calling the old stories "legends" and not part of SW anymore. Those stories are downplayed yet Disney and the new canon are perfectly happy things from them to use. Like the way they put Thrawn into that new Rebels cartoon but made him... well a lot more cartoon-villain-y.

Edited on by Eel

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ah... so that's where we are at now in comics-land, huh? I'll have you know that regardless of my milder mind set towards movie series, I actually WAS quite the comic book nerd and comics collector, but I had to go cold turkey, because in the end, I was collecting WAY too many series and spending way too much money on it. My comic book dealer even helped me realize that...

Either way, that could have possibly annoyed me to no end, so I'm glad I jumped off of that train, long before that happened. Although, in the end, I've already experienced some reboots back in the day, so knowing my former comic-addicted self, I'd probably accepted it anyway. Well, depending on how much I liked or wanted to continue following a particular series and/or hero, that is.

As for the actually reading your comments bit: you're very welcome. I'm always wondering, though. For me, it's just common courtesy, being polite or whatever. Maybe it's an age thing, but for me it's just normal. If you're directing a piece of text at someone, you'd hope they'd actually read it, methinks. And I always do.

Besides, once you're used to having discussions with @NEStalgia, any other text wall seems moderate in comparison...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

You guys are never going to believe this, but the comment section under the Freedom Finger review turned into a septic tank. Right away too. Nice try StableInvadeel, but that was destined to be a poop flinging contest between the offensive and offended. A shame too, because I thought it was a really well done review. Was hoping for the possibility of some good comedy in the comments, but nope. No place for that anymore. Stay mad, brahs. Stay mad.

@ThanosReXXX - I also didn’t mind when a plan came together, or being howling mad either. I couldn’t appreciate Face’s skill set at that age. Now, he’s probably the coolest one, but then; he was just a preoccupied punching bag.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Reallly? What the hell happened there, then? I was in there a couple of hours ago, and it looked just fine to me.

NintendoByNature

I'm just over here glad that ninfan dropped a line on us

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Looks like some comments have been deleted, but you’re right, it wasn’t immediate. It was inevitable though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX YOU! A comic book fan?! I'd have never guessed! With a name and profile picture like you use, I'd have thought for sure you were a die hard romance fan who would never "waste" time with childish comics! XD

Jokes aside, I dread to think how much you were spending if your dealer actually helped you stop. Sounds like a good guy though, I feel like many people would love addicted customers! I like comics but never seriously got into them because it always felt too big and daunting and I didn't have any close friends who could direct me where to start. Now I just cherry pick one every now and then. But from what I do understand, they treat reboots and alternate stories as like parallel worlds or alternate histories, rather than replacing a previous canon, it's just a different one and they don't come in and say "yeah none of that matters now, now this story is the new "real" story.*

@NEStalgia the very idea turns my stomach... The only thing positive I thought might happen with Disney getting SW was a SW world in Kingdom Hearts 3. And a Marvel world. Obviously both never happened and according to IGN it was simple corporate bureaucracy that got in the way. Which honestly I find outraging. You have all these franchises under one umbrella, not taking advantage of it is like, a capitol offense.

@bimmy-lee It's not the least bit surprising to me. Especially with the content and the way the review was written. Personally I am not the least bit surprised. I think the writer, PJ, deliberately tries to provoke arguments as a means of clickbaiting. I know I have disliked most of his articles.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

I just took a looksie, seems like some folks chasing each other as they circle the drain of civility. The game itself sounds like a early MTV version of a shmup, but I have no interest in shmups. I’m terrible at them.

I got a surprising amount of productivity at work. It was a good day, didn’t have to use my PK.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic