Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 96,511

sugarpixel

....oh crap. The file is corrupted...
...I'll have to wait until Friday to save it again, and hopefully not corrupt it this time...
Gosh dang it! ...at least I can spend a bit more time editing it, I guess...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Metroidlink

Gioku wrote:

....oh crap. The file is corrupted...
...I'll have to wait until Friday to save it again, and hopefully not corrupt it this time...
Gosh dang it! ...at least I can spend a bit more time editing it, I guess...

That's a bummer. This would light up my day if it was released tonight as I have been sick since last thursday

Edited on by Metroidlink

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku I know how it is(happened to me at least 5 times) I hate when this happens, having to start all that work all over.....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame: Luckily, I don't have to start over... I just don't have Animation class again until Friday, and thus I don't have access to the editing software I was using... it got corrupted because I ejected my Flash Drive apparently before it had finished saving all the way... but the project file is still intact. And now I can edit it a bit more ("finesse it") on Friday and not have to worry about uploading a new version of it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Mickey

@Gioku Sorry about the corruption, but I'm glad we're getting the better version in the first place!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Metroidlink

@gioku can I make music to the game you are making (fruit rush if I remember correctly)? It will take some time though becuase I can't do ANYTHING while I am sick

I had also planned to make a crossover with metroid and link as my icon but this has to wait until I have recovered...

Edited on by Metroidlink

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

sugarpixel

@Mickey: yeah, that's my thought at the moment. You guys'll get to see the best version first.

@Metroidlink: We'll see... I still don't have an actual game yet; but I have finished the main menu interface now.It's helpful, I've heard, when making music for a game to play the game first to get ideas. So once I have a game for you to try playing, then we'll see.

SheldonRandoms

I just beat Project X Zone not to long ago, it took me 73 hours in total. Overall it's a great game, and one of the best 3DS games so far. I'm completing 2 3DS RPG's before the release of Bravely Default and One Piece: Romance Dawn, because to keep the RPG's down so it doesn't get overwhelming, so the reasons...........

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

sugarpixel

Hmmm.... the only RPGs I've ever really enjoyed have been Pokémon games... other than that I do like a few RPGs with real-time combat rather than turn-based... like this game:
Untitled
FATE has always been a favorite of mine.

sugarpixel

@CountWavula: Hmm... that's actually the first time I heard someone say they liked the original ghosts better! ...although I never played the original, I really liked the ghosts in this game! They're a lot of fun.
I liked all the puzzle solving and everything, too. And like I said earlier, I love the separate missions, too. My only disappointment was that my favorite of the mansions, the ice one, had the fewest missions in the whole game... so I didn't get to spend as much time there as I would've liked.

But everyone has different tastes in games, though, so to each his own.

SheldonRandoms

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, terrible Christmas specials...........

The Fat Albert Christmas Special:It's Fat Albert, what more do I have to say, but weird enough, it's the best special I watched so far.

Current list.
0. Shrek the halls.
1. A very Digi Christmas.
2. Christmas come to Pac-Land
3. The Fat Albert Christmas Special

Current ranking.
1. A very Digi Christmas
2. Shrek the Halls
3. Christmas comes to Pac-Land
4. The Fat Albert Christmas Special

I gotta watch a bad movie sometime, like Christmas with the Kranks or The Santa Clause 3, or one of those Christmas movies where Santa is some cereal killer.

A yes, I used the wrong version of that word, i'm totally cereal

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Fikachu

I have a stuffed animal frog named Muhammad Fuzzy Frog

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

SheldonRandoms

@Pianomanfreak I'm going to preorder One Piece: Romance Dawn soon. That game will slowly help me erase the mistake of the series, it was called...........4Kids.

GuSolarFlare

@CountWavula" rel="nofollow">@CountWavula wrote:

Ahem, Luigi's Mansion 2 i found was a teeny bit overrated. I see it as a 7.5, no more than 8 because it DOES get pretty tedious mid way through, to the point where i wanted the game to just end already. Looks gorgeous, has nice stereoscopic 3D and a lot of charm, but i just can't see it going down as one of the Nintendo 3DS greats.

I agree(except I'd give it a high score just because the multiplayer makes up for the rest XD) that mission format makes it even more predictable and linear than it should(plus having to go at the same stage in different missions to collect those gems feels far too repetitive, I'd like to be able to explore everything at once to find the gems)

I've just discovered how to put a background for my game in visual studio(didn't even touch it yesterday) I'm ashamed of myself.... I can't believe I didn't notice that "Background" property....... lol

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

GuSolarFlare

in the end I decided to use game maker to have the logic ready while I learn how to use Visual Studio, if I lose too much time using only one I'll probably have no real progress....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame: This is why I'm slightly worried about moving into direct programming.... I'll have to recreate many of the functions that I can just take for granted with Game Maker... but I have a bit of experience creating my own functions in Game Maker, for example I created this "mouse_check" function:
{

var x1, y1, x2, y2;

x1 = argument0;

y1 = argument1;

x2 = argument2;

y2 = argument3;

return (mouse_x > x1)* (mouse_y > y1)* (mouse_x < x2)*(mouse_y < y2);

}
It checks if the mouse is within certain coordinates - you call it like this: mouse_check(x1,y1,x2,y2). That one's really useful!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic