Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,361 to 35,380 of 36,475

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia It’s still better than Godfather Part 3...

Dang fantasy pirates

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
My idea about mafia Imperio was based on Anthill Mob from Peril & Penelope Pitstop and some other cartoon with police theme or Save the day. I had to think the criminal level that still tolerable for kids and young audiences, so i couldn't put a murder / drugs / blood / explicit violent from gangster as the villain i have to create when i created my own Police Department. I tried to make it simple, yet still funny. Even they are still my drawing concept, i put a background story about them and my vision is a kid friendly [email protected] guys with two king young lads within.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@NEStalgia Freespace sounds like a good time, even if it's not related to Descent, I've played the first two games. Think I'll add that to my GOG wishlist and make note of it sometime. Shame it never got a third game, IIRC I think Deep Silver owns Volition now. I remember that Descent reboot was announced awhile back, but I don't think it's Volition developing it.

Apologies for the response being a bit late, had a busy day today.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Hell's Angels used to... Possibly still do... Have an annual Toys for Tots ride and donations drive/handout.... So some real gangsters do good things and are kid friendly. As long as you're not wearing rival colors..... (And bikers are in the narco logistics trade...)

Italian Mafia sells protection.... So there's that..... . Well, they offered to protect NYC after 9/11.... And they sell killer cannoli (ba dum tss)

@HobbitGamer yeah, the fantasy pirates really ruined Godfather Part 3.

@Anti-Matter yeah, it really feels fleshed out fir the making of a kids franchise. Simple, illogical, yet somehow a kid can assemble a believable world out of it.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that the "Angels" do this out of the kindness of their hearts, and not at all to cloud the vision of certain people concerning their actual agenda. And of course, it also helps them to fight the media reporting on their otherwise mostly sordid deeds. El Chapo also helped various kids and people in his hometown village, but that doesn't mean it's good deeds. It's still funded by blood money.

Stuff like that creeps me out big time, and makes me wish I actually could do an Infinity Gauntlet snap...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

Anti-Matter wrote:

8. Having individual rooms with different theme for each gangster member (Elegant, Golden, Jazzy, Zen, Gothic, Messy Workshop, Jock, Girlie, Kiddie)

Dibs on Gothic. Not the clothing really, but I love Gothic architecture.

Nice mafia a couple of pages back BTW.

@Sunsy Great, now I want to hear a Pokemon-themed parody of a parody. XD

I like Weird Al's parodies. Some other favorites of mine are Whatever You Like, Eat It, and Couch Potato.

@ThanosReXXX Ah, I see. Glad that I didn't offend you at any rate. Some of the discussion that I did read in that topic was interesting, but I eventually lost interest.

Edit: I did decide to push on and skim through the forum thread a bit more, and it seems that the discussion, on the whole, is staying sane. I still don't believe I have anything to contribute that hasn't already been said. I get a lot of the viewpoints in that thread at any rate.

@bimmy-lee I just skimmed it a little bit ago. Besides not really caring for the gameplay/genre described and shown in a trailer I found in general, the subject matter is definitely not up my alley. It's something I'd probably give a trial run to for a few minutes just for the LOL factor before permanently deleting it from my proverbial Switch.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Same here, I use to have an older Weird Al Greatest Hits CD, I think my favorite on that album was Jurassic Park. Other songs, I've just heard online throughout the years.

Sunsy

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I need to raid Spotify for more of his stuff and add it to my favorites. There are a small handful that I've skipped as I didn't care for the original song that they're a parody of.

But in short: The guy is a friggin' genius. 8D

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Indeed. Sometimes they stand out whenever I hear the original song. Not only did I think of Amish Paradise when watching the Sonic movie trailer, I think eBay anytime the original Backstreet Boys song comes on the radio, or while out shopping.

Sunsy

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I think the Angels do exist as basically a benevolent charity at this point. There’s not much room left in this world for grey area. Hunter Thompson made them cool in the late 60s, then most everyone violent and/or addicted to speedy drugs either died or went to prison in the 70s and 80s, and after that; they sorta became a toys for tots kinda outfit. I’m sure you can still run across an “oh crap” kind of crew here and there, but they’re mostly known as burly men doing good deeds at this point. If they have ties to certain groups that may be easy to associate with motorcycle gangs, they’ve so far been very quiet about it.

@Tyranexx - I just thought the review was an amazing parody of the game itself. Low on content, high on self satisfaction. I have no issue that these games exist, and I also have no issue with that type of review. I thought it was the funniest piece on NL since Roland did that crazy piece about finding an old GB cart in Japan that predicted outcomes to horse races, and he tried to use it at the horse track to make money.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I've had eBay come to mind too while shopping. Then there's the fact that I understand and recall the lyrics of Smells Like Nirvana much more than what's in Smells Like Teen Spirit.... Partially because I relate to them.

@bimmy-lee Agreed on the review (from what I've skimmed anyway) more or less being a foil and parody of the game itself. While I don't care for those types of games and would rather use my hard-earned Rupees on more meaningful purchases, I also feel, from what I've read/gathered, that the reviewer took the game way too seriously. I don't believe games are meant to be taken seriously in the vast, VAST majority of cases unless the creator(s) specify that for some reason.

You'll have to dig up that GB cart story. It sounds like it was posted before my attention span ever stumbled across this site. I'm always up for a good laugh or LOLWTH moment.

Heavyarms55

On the topic of Gangsters, the Japanese Yakuza has, apparently more than once, helped with disaster relief after major earthquakes/tsunamis and typhoons.

Well it's true that most people we refer to as gangsters or mafias are criminals, the world isn't black and white. Often organized criminals have a sense of loyalty to their own area or group. And just because someone is a criminal doesn't mean everything they do is going to be a crime or inherently bad. There are countless cases of people committing crimes because they see it as the only or the fastest way to take care of their family/friends. It's not that good intentions excuse crime, but the point is that the world isn't very simple or straightforward.

There almost certainly are criminals out there who genuinely only care about themselves and even laugh evilly while coming up with devious plans, but everything I've read, all my own life experiences, etc, tells me that that isn't the norm. Not even close.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

HobbitGamer

Weird Al is fantastic. Some of the newer stuff is still just as funny;
Word Crimes
(I’m so) Handy
Party in the CIA [my fave]

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i found something funny about Sirfetch'd....
Untitled

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Nice photoshops! Looking forward to full fanart of this.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

BruceCM

Games are an easy target for politicians, @ThanosReXXX .... See end of my previous post

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Anti-Matter

Its dangerous to go alone.
Take this !
Untitled

My Top 6 games :

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Nice, haha. I wonder what the durability on that Lance of the Leek Hero is?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer wrote:

@Anti-Matter Nice, haha. I wonder what the durability on that Lance of the Leek Hero is?

Probably 0 or 1. 😆

My Top 6 games :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic