Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,321 to 35,340 of 96,481

NotTelevision

Everyone knows you don’t actually watch new Star Wars movies. You watch half, then gripe about how it destroyed the legacy of the original films on Reddit. I’m already writing my review of the film after watching that trailer.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

Not a single scene with Dark Vader in the trailer, what the heck?!? Thumbs down.

@BlueBlur101 - Yeah, I saw it at halftime last night and assumed it was on every website ever seconds later, including the Netscape home page. I was just messing with Thanos a bit.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

TheFrenchiestFry

@bimmy-lee Dark Vader sounds like the lovechild of Vader and Dark Helmet from Spaceballs

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah, I see. Too bad. Would have wanted to see it for myself.
(edit: scrolls down the comments and sees he's been pranked... Oh, you... )

P.S.

Dark Vader?

@HobbitGamer Ah, yes. That's a good practice, and the only way to keep the salad fresh and crunchy.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Hey, thanks for that, but in the future, let's just post videos directly, instead of making people click on a link, shall we?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter And you're very, VERY alone in that sentiment.

bimmy-lee

@BlueBlur101 - Haha, yes it does. Dark Vader, Darth Helmet; either way, he would be the funniest little mass murderer with a a good streak in the galaxy.

@ThanosReXXX - The world premier of the trailer was on Monday Night Football, but just like with the last trailer, it was all over the place moments later. I’m sure it was a nice complement to a morning coffee/tea. That was a decent looking trailer, though it seems like this movie is going to be four hours long in an attempt to wrap everything up.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee I’m still stuck in the mentality that every time I look at Kylo I just see angry Anakin. I know that’s what I’m supposed to do, but I see the temper tantrums and poopy writing of angry Anakin. I totally get that the saga isn’t a shining example of dialogue or character development, but I think my annoyance of things in the prequels hampers my enjoyment of the...threequels(?). And then there’s my issue with the blue lightsaber’s mere existence.
I really liked Rogue and Solo, though. I’ll probably give the last saga a fresh watch once all three are on disc and I can watch them back to back.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - M’eesa wit you’saa. Rogue was my favorite entry since VI. The midiclorians in the practical effects magic started to wane with the remasters, and was just about gone starting with I. So with it went the force of my love, which is when I began to turn to the dark side. I’ll re watch the last two just ahead of this one releasing on disc, and then I’ll look forward to watching IV, V, and VI with my kids some day.

limby-bee was a jerk.

gcunit

It's one helluva trailer if you ask me. Got me right back in the mood. Those Threepio lines... hold me.

Run time is supposedly only 120 mins, FYI, according to Cineworld's listing for it.

My ticket for a 'The Force Awakens - The Last Jedi - The Rise of Skywalker' triple header on 18/12/19 is already marked and locked in.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - I’m definitely a Wharf the Hutt guy myself.

@gcunit - Oh man, that did slay me. Heck of a space odyssey those two droids have experienced. R2 is the hero of the entire series.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer @bimmy-lee Yeah I thought I was alone in thinking Rogue One was one of the best Star Wars movies. The effects were great and the thing moved along so briskly.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

BruceCM

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@BruceCM Hey, thanks for that, but in the future, let's just post videos directly, instead of making people click on a link, shall we?

So, if I just deleted the bit added for mobile version, since that's what I browse on.... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

bimmy-lee

@NotTelevision - I loved getting the backstory to set up one of the coolest events in the series. It did move along nicely too. I’d be happy if they actually did leave the main story alone after IX and gave us Rogue One type side stories to fill out the main series.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

Gaaaah...!!
I have fallen asleep again without warning.
I lost my drawing time on my PC today, but i have worked for at least 1 hour from my school when i didn't teach the class.
Oh, well... I have to be careful to not get too tired in a day.

Anti-Matter

Eel

The next big family trip in planning.

Mom wants to fulfill her wish of looking at a real aurora borealis, so we are planing on visiting Canada and/or Alaska in winter.

Hopefully it will take shape, although it's kinda scary to go so far away from a Spanish-talking restaurant.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic