Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,281 to 35,300 of 96,243

HobbitGamer

My old Bell handset and Rolodex has expandable ram. Bow down, plebeians.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer A Rolo-what now? Better mosey on outta here, ya dinosaur...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

Lols, I got mine in the Black Friday sales last year, for almost half price, from HTC direct, @ThanosReXXX .... Might upgrade to the 12 this year, if they have a similar deal on that! I hardly use the cameras, so I'm happy with them
I haven't messed with individual site settings, just talking about the display options on my phone. Just shows the difficulties faced with designing mobile version of site

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, I guess I must take the compliments to the crew down a notch, then. An actually adaptive site should display the same on ALL screen sizes. But I'm also thinking that the changing of the text size has something to do with it. You could check that by temporarily setting the text font and size back to default, and then seeing what the menu bar looks like.

And yeah, if you don't do much with the camera, then that's not a big loss indeed. For me, it would be, though. Although, obviously, nothing beats a real camera, but this one is usually more convenient.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX As the saying on photography enthusiast forums goes "The best camera is the one you have with you."

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

Had the day off to hang with my son today and we hit the jackpot at a junk store. We found the ghost on the right to add to our blow statue collection. His name is Chuckles. That’s Spooky Face on the left, we found him last year. They’re best friends. I know Spooky Face is very old, but Chuckles doesn’t have an identifying mark anywhere. The ghost design is throwing me off as far as dating him. He could be from the 80s or the 50s, no idea:

Untitled

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

BruceCM

Well, that's the thing, @ThanosReXXX .... Some people like larger text, etc The site can't possibly adapt entirely to everything! I'm sure it does a great job but I could easily adjust default Chrome text size settings, as well
Perhaps the experts can explain more about all of that, since I don't have any knowledge of the technicalities at their end

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, there's no denying that one.
Can't say the same about having to use a newspaper when you need to do a number two, though, so the whole "whatever you have with you is best" thing is not always really that good...

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, personally, I know enough of web design to know what's possible and how things should look when used appropriately. I've even sold and marketed adaptive web design to other companies...

True adaptive programming, when used correctly, should, or even: must accommodate for ALL screen sizes, so on all PC's/laptops the site should look the same, on all tablets and on all smart phones. But yes, if people start messing with text size and font settings, then that's another story altogether, but we can't hold that against the site managers.

@bimmy-lee Blow statue? What the heck is a blow statue?

EDIT:

Today, I decided to make my infamous spicy green curry:
Untitled
Good for both dulling the senses, and stimulating the senses, depending on the mood and/or situation...

Still contemplating the movie, it's impact and my reaction to it and so on. Bizarre, really, in some ways. But considering the topic and setting, I'm thinking it's not entirely the movie, but just a catalyst/trigger for wherever my head is at right now. Then again: I'm no psychologist, so what the heck do I know? What I do know, is that I've actually thought about watching it again, just to see if my reaction and/or the impact of it is still as big or already considerably smaller, but somehow, I haven't been able to bring myself to doing that.

Oh, well. I might send you both the movie's story and mine in a private mail, not because it's TMI, exactly, but I still feel it has no place here or anywhere on this site. Granted, that is if I can still dig up the e-mail address from somewhere in the massive amount of archived NLife e-mails and notifications...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Well, the newspaper is better than no newspaper....... May not be pleasant. Or effective. But it's more effective than the alternative.

This really needs a "Meanwhile in Soviet Russia...." meme.

@bimmy-lee Looks probably 70s or 80s. Scooby would be proud. Hard to tell though. All I know is the modern designs of such things have no character compared to the old stuff.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX @bimmy-lee "Blow statue"

This is going to become another one of those censorship debate threads, isn't it?

Edit: Somehow my fingers, not auto-correct typed "statute" just now. Interesting....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BruceCM

I'm sure you're right about the theory, @ThanosReXXX ... But, yeah, people are supposed to adjust phone settings to suit themselves

SW-4357-9287-0699

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - It’s a statue made out of pressed powder. Haha, no, blow statues were light up holiday lawn decorations popular from the the 50s through the 80s here in the US. They’re cheaply made statues produced by blowing molten plastic into molds, then left to cool down and given a hasty bit of paint. They’re hard to come by now, at least in good condition, because they were exterior decorations. We also have a really nice Frosty (the nicest I’ve ever seen), and a Santa.

@NEStalgia - That’s kind of what I was thinking as well. He has a particular Saturday morning cartoon/Scooby Doo design to him. I can’t find a USA maker’s mark on him, so that’s probably also a sign of more modern manufacture. He does have discoloring and a bit of a patina, but he clearly was displayed outdoors, so I can’t take it into much account. Definitely getting him a black bulb though, he’ll look much better glowing blue.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Meanwhile in Russia? In Russia, they don't use paper, unless it's sandpaper. No, they'd probably just rinse with vodka.

P.S.

A blow statute somehow made me think of Bill Clinton...

@bimmy-lee Ah, okay.
Note to self: try to learn something new every day: check!

P.S.
Added an edit to the previous comment, only to mess it up first, but it's complete now...

@BruceCM Well... are supposed... I'd say they're simply offered the option as an entirely unnecessary, decorative extra. In general, you're just supposed to use your phone as intended, but some people just like and HAVE to have their Italic Comic Sans, because it looks so cool in WhatsApp...

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee I didn't know they were rare now. I saw brand spanking new production ones on sale at Christmas about 2 years ago....I'd have bought one if I realized that wasn't common now.

Still better than those m#$#@9 f#$#@&) inflatables that are impossible to EVER packages away, and usually have holes in them exactly 4 days from putting them up.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Frosty needs his Cubano.

...And if you tell kids today that, they wouldn't believe you!

Also, anyone who uses Comic Sans has no soul and should be used for fertilizer.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@StableInvadeel Well we know it's most definitely not an answer to the Bill Clinton blow statue discussion.

I'll take Russian Newspapers for $800, Alex!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Spicy green curry?

NintendoByNature

@thanosrexxx looks delish my friend.
@bimmy-lee love the bargain deals you got. Looks to be 70s or 80s. Cant be earlier than that. I decorated the house the other day. Small little graveyard leading up to the door and some purple/orange lights around the poles.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic