Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,261 to 35,280 of 96,488

BruceCM

My auto-correct is pretty good.... Probably because I watch it carefully & have taught it well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

My auto correct sometimes lead to Indonesian words instead of English. 😅

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter make sure you're not using both languages on the same keyboard, you can have one for each language you use, and keeping them separate is immensely better than bloating up your english/Indonesian auto correct with the two languages.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM That's because I already scrolled to the right, to display the video button. If I hadn't, you would have seen half an "F" from the word "Features" on the right side of the menu bar, so I did that on purpose, to show that the video catalog is there after all.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Well, your attempts actually proved my point. As did @Tyranexx's story...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

I know what site looks like on my phone, @ThanosReXXX .... It isn't immediately obvious that the top menu scrolls Once you know to look, there's a hint of a bar underneath but that's easily missed

SW-4357-9287-0699

PACO_PEREZ

I've always used the mobile version on an Ecosia Browser (trying to fell like I'm helping with something). I've never had a problem with the mobile version really. I can't have laptops or desktop on work, only my phone so...here I am multitasking at work when I can.

PACO_PEREZ

Eel

@ThanosReXXX Let's try doing the same on my laptop then.

this is me writing with my eyes closed on my laptop, as you can see theres no capitalzion and im probably missing a lot of characters and double hitting some keys, but alas im invested so i wont stop. unfortunately my keyboard does not have preditive features so i cant really do that in this one, then again that one was not part of the test and jsit a silly tyhinh. not to brag but im also typionh yhis quite fast, ainy i good?

Anyway, my point is that the phone will pick up and correct most small errors and format several words, while the pc is not really made to do that, you're on your own there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

I like to type quickly, and correctly, without looking at the screen. Using two monitors at once allows my to audit charts and treatment plans on one screen, while having documentation open on another. This method allows seamless workflow, in conjunction with keyboard hotkeys. Once you've been using this method long enough, you'll instantly know if you've missed a word or made a grammatical mistake simply by the feel of the keys under your fingertips. That is, unless you have long, creepy nails. You know, the kinds of nails that would appear in a spooky movie. You don't see nails in horror movies that often, but I watched Critters Attack yesterday on one of the Crites had really long and razor-sharp nails. She was slicing and dicing the other Crites with ease. The main character also had blue nails, but they were just normal human nails, nothing extraordinary about them. I getting really tired of typing, almost like the time I fell asleep writing a weekly status update to executives. kthxbai

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@StableInvadeel I believe I'm the authority here as I have typed a higher word count than the rest of you combined across both device types. Mobile blows. [2/10] There's just no way around it. Spacing, punctuation, correct words, correct forms are articles and contractions, re-editing the same thing half a dozen times to get it right. Capitalization. Mobile makes a mess, and a difficult time consumer to attempt to do right. It's handy, but it's not reliable.

Unless of course you suck at typing. But it's 2019, Nintendo StableInvadeel!

NEStalgia

Eel

Well, I don't expect people to write their school assigments on their phone of course. But for the regular forum user that doesn't write 10-page essays in every post and doesn't want to bother doing all the little things manually, it should be more convenient.

Unless, of course, the person in question types with their index finger instead of both thumbs :3

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

I type on my phone with all 7 index fingers

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree. It's blindingly obvious, so I have no idea what kind of phone you're using then, because other than me having scrolled the bar to the right, it's always visible for me.

Here's what it looks like by default for me:
Untitled
And notice the cut off "F" on the right in that menu bar, which should indicate to anyone with half a brain, that there's supposed to be more text after that, so it should make it quite easy for most people to connect the dots, and be triggered to scroll/swipe that bar, to see what else is there. It's only logical.

@StableInvadeel Luckily, I'm not an illiterate, and I also know how to use a keyboard that doesn't auto-mangle my words...

But all kidding aside: maybe it's a personal thing, then. I hate touch screen keyboards. I like my tactile shapes and feedback, and on a normal keyboard, it's WAY harder to make mistakes, punctuation and such are easier to perform, and pretty much everything @NEStalgia mentioned. Probably also because it's a smaller screen, so the keyboard is proportionate to that.

And personally, I absolutely HATE the spacing on the mobile site, with the humongous ads, compared to the desktop site, the weird "tap here to load comments" function, and as I mentioned in my first comment about this, the (compared to PC) massively inconvenient way of tagging and replying to multiple people in one comment. That works SO much better on PC.

I consider the mobile site decent enough to simply use to browse the articles when on the go, or when momentarily not having access to a PC/laptop for whatever reason, but I loathe to think of it being my only option, so I'm very glad with my ancient PC...

@NEStalgia And THANK YOU, NEStalgia. Phew, FINALLY somebody who makes sense of it all, and hits the nail square on the head. I was already beginning to question my own sanity. Well, either that, or my skills in making other people understand the simplest of things...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM To tell you the truth, I've never even noticed that "hint of a scroll bar" underneath the menu bar.
I just connected the dots on my own, simply by looking at what was there, and how it triggered me to act exactly as the site managers intended. In that respect, the mobile formatting of the site is pretty well done.

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM What's that? A tablet or an iPhone?

NEStalgia

Looks like a large-size Android phone with a custom keyboard.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

HTC U11, which is 5'5 inches, @ThanosReXXX .... So, a small screen but then I have the text size small, too That is actually the included keyboard, with a free theme, @NEStalgia! Must be the shot makes it seem large

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM My screen is not that much bigger (Samsung Galaxy A6, 5.6") but you must have set the text size quite a bit smaller, then, because that minute difference in screen size does not account for the difference in what we're seeing on screen.

And why would you want to mess with text size anyway? I always leave it at standard/default settings, and I most certainly never mess with site formats either.

Oh, well. Luckily, you've actually got a good phone, and not one of them lousy iPhones...
My cameras are better, though.
Yours has more on-board storage and memory, but I'll take that trade-off any day of the week.
https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-mobile-phones/HTC-U11-vs-S...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic