Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,241 to 35,260 of 96,317

NotTelevision

@Sunsy Cool I’ll check out that documentary. I remember watching something DF did on the work that went into porting Virtua Racing. Lots of hard work and effort went into recreating the look and feel of the arcade cabinet.

@ThanosReXXX Yeah it is a waste. I’ll look into replacing that part, since the games on the DC are worth the effort. I have the game arranged in one of those disc folders now because a lot of those blasted jewel cases have busted hinges. I’d like to have a word with the fellow who invented those dastardly things.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Dude, why are you quoting my ENTIRE comment, instead of just the one line meant for you, and then repeat the almost EXACT same question you already asked me before? No offense, but I already gave you the answer.

Anyway, this is my final answer, so that's what you're going to have to work with: just go to YouTube, and search for Nintendo Switch review videos, or Let's Play videos, and you'll get all the Switch videos that you would want. Add in the name of a specific game, if you know it, or alternatively, look for "Nintendo Switch top 10's" or "best racing games on Nintendo Switch" or any other best type of game that you're interested in.

And on Nintendo Life itself, just click on the video section, which is located in the red menu bar at the top of the screen, which will take you to Nintendo Life's own YouTube page, and then search a category from the video archive playlist there.

All it takes is a little initiative of your own, it really isn't that hard to find things on here.

@bimmy-lee Haha, yeah, the pit stop thing. Back then, it was probably SO amazing to see such a "realistic" representation, in FULL 3D, of an "actual" pit crew working on your car. Juvenile mind blown...

@NotTelevision Yeah, jewel cases have never been the greatest solution for heavy usage, but I'm always extra careful with stuff like that, so most of mine are still intact, same as with all the other disc-based games and their boxes/cases. But the Dreamcast cases are definitely extra vulnerable, and sometimes also don't really open very smoothly, unless there's already a lot of wear and tear on them.

But there's actually replacements for these on eBay as well. I saw some floating around when searching for the GD ROM drive replacement parts I linked to earlier, so that's also an option, if you'd want to restore the games to their former glory, and/or if you'd like to put them back into a box/case that they're supposed to be in...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Oh first world problems in the extreme! I get a day off and think "Okay! For once I'm gonna go out and actually go outside and do things! I'm not gonna spend all day at home, for once! Let's check what the weather is gonna be!"

Rain. All day rain.

insert picture of grumpy cat here

If only we existed in one of those alternate realities where we didn't spontaneously combust on impact with rain drops

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX thanks. It’s just the front panels of the jewel cases that need to be replaced.

Like how you just told someone how to use YouTube. That will be quite the revelation once he figures that one out.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision You're welcome. And indeed...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

I hadn't noticed the video section in the menu, @ThanosReXXX .... You have to scroll it across on my phone & probably most mobile devices I have to admit it wouldn't have occurred to me to do that, so it's likely others haven't done so

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Hm, fair point. I never took mobile browsing into account, since I only post messages and hold discussions on here on my PC.

HobbitGamer

Thanos is clearly the new Google 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BruceCM

At least everything is still available on your mobile site, @ThanosReXXX .... Often, some are missing completely from that & you wouldn't even know until someone says

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Please don't spread the word, I can only handle so many search requests a day, and I usually work exclusively for premium clients.

@BruceCM On my mobile site? Since when do you browse mobile on a PC?

BruceCM

Lols, @ThanosReXXX .... As in this site, in mobile mode as opposed to desktop

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM That was just my point: I don't use any kind of mobile version. I just use the regular site, so I wouldn't know about where what buttons are on the mobile version. And why the hell would you use the mobile version on a PC? I didn't even know that was possible, unless you're emulating a smart phone/tablet on your PC, and it also sounds pretty useless to me, when you've got the full fat version available by default.

BruceCM

Haven't had a laptop for awhile, @ThanosReXXX .... Whoever is responsible for designing the site must have had access to both desktop & mobile, though Most people probably use mobile version at least some of the time

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Still, I hope you can understand how your comments confused me. Mobile sites on PC sound like total gibberish to me. I've only ever browsed this site on my phone a small handful of times, mostly when I'm traveling around by bus or train and I have some more time to kill than usual, but not to the extent that I know all the ins and outs of the layout.

But the primary reason I use the PC, is just user-friendliness. I find it an absolute hell to post on mobile, and to tag and/or quote people, and I can't really get rid of the bigger ads either, all of which works SO much better on PC or laptop.

And "whoever" are Anthony Dickens and Darren Calvert. You can find them under management on this page: https://www.nintendolife.com/staff

I'm pretty sure they made the site adaptive, meaning that it should display all the features that the desktop version has, except rearranged in a different way, to suit the alternate format.

NEStalgia

@Cissero If you can endure the 900000 hours of cutscenes before you actually do much of anything in the game it's pretty much a hack & slash (& shoot?) RPG that masquerades thematically as an MMO.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM So...

I decided to make the minimal effort to check out the mobile site, and even went one step further and checked it on two different browsers (I have a Samsung phone, so I used the built-in browser, and the mobile version of Firefox) and both definitely display the normal menu bar, video selection button included, that the full fat desktop site does.

But don't take my word for it...

Here's Nintendo Life's latest news page on Samsung Internet:
Untitled
And here it is on Firefox Mobile:
Untitled
So, the argument is null and void, because clearly, nothing is missing on the mobile version at all, so the point
I made in the original comment to Ninfan stands. And seeing as he didn't mention on what device he was browsing, I was just assuming that he was on a PC, just like me. Also, mostly when people post comments on mobile, there's spelling mistakes, people's names in all lower case letters, and so on.

EDIT:
And yes, you have to scroll/drag the menu bar to the left, but come on, even a child knows how to do that, and if you see one of the buttons' titles in that menu bar being cut off (text falling off the page, so to speak), then that should already ring a bell and indicate to you that you need to scroll/swipe to read the full word. Unless of course we're talking about people that are entirely new to the whole browsing web pages on smart devices thing...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Cissero

@NEStalgia That does not sound good hahaha

A proud Switch owner that's always working on the impossible mission of clearing his backlog.

BruceCM

Yeah but in neither of those is it obvious there's more of the menu, @ThanosReXXX .... Unless a person had used desktop, they're unaware of any further features Hopefully, the person in question does now know about them, which is the point

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

I'd say people make less spelling mistakes on mobile than on PC.

Mobile capitalizes and corrects automatically, PC's don't usually do.

For example, let me write something with my eyes closed:

I'm writing this with my eyes closed, hopefully it's not yettiblr. Maybe the phone will catch most of my mistakes and act accordingly.

And just for fun, let's do an old "let the phone write for me with the predictive feature":

You're not a true gamer unless you want to go to the store and get some rest and feel better soon and that is why I am asking for a friend to talk to you about it when I get home I will send you the link to the video of the game and I will be there at the same time I don't have a car so I can get a ride to the airport on the switch lite and I will be there at the same time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I think I make more mistakes when posting on mobile due to autocorrect messing with me sometimes. For some reason my phone took to correcting "in" to "I" most of the time even when I do intend to type "in". It also apparently thinks "u" is an acceptable "word". (Not in my vocabulary. )

Anyway, my site activity will drop again for a bit. This week is kinda busy, and I'll be heading off to a work-related conference in a few days. It's on the east coast, which means I'll be in Eastern Time....Ugh. Not a morning person.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic