Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,181 to 35,200 of 96,322

Tyranexx

Woohoo! Close to showtime again! Can't wait; my sister is coming through with a couple of friends this evening.

@bimmy-lee I don't know how many parents have dragged their kids through when they clearly wouldn't last without being forced. We don't recommend kids under twelve go through. A few under that age line do perfectly fine, but more often than not they're crying, hiding their faces, or are just plain terrified in general. IMO if parents aren't sure their kids are up for it (and some clearly do it so they'll "man up" or something), then they shouldn't blow the money.

So yeah, I'd say that guy deserves a parenting medal for that one!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

Yo, I’m just out here living the Switch life. There’s no cons to it, only pros to living this life of joy.

@ThanosReXXX - Yeah, I take a little whiff inside the container every time I’m down in storage. Funny how strong the nostalgia can be when you tickle the olfactory memories. It’s like time travel.

@Tyranexx - Have fun! It’s extra special to scare a sibling. That thought process is mind boggling. “I’mma teach my boy how to be a man by inappropriately terrifying him so he lives in fear for the next decade. That’ll learn him good.”

@NintendoByNature - I saw your Ori review, and I have to say, I was not really impressed with the demo. It was beautiful, but it seemed more sizzle than steak. The gameplay felt a little lacking, but I try not to draw definitive conclusions even from a demo. I was sort of glad to see someone I trust confirm what I was feeling about it. It didn’t seem bad by any means, but it also didn’t seem great.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee that only holds true if your switch life doesn't drift away into oblivion. In which case you'd be off the rails without a kick to stand on.

Edit: yea I couldn't put my finger on it. It was Good, but not omg goty good like I heard it was.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan A Life Switch? What the heck is that?

As for your question: I honestly have no idea. I'll just drag site wizard @antdickens in here; he'll be able to tell you why you aren't able to respond to threads older than two months, regardless of the fact that they're still archived on the site. Would you mind enlightening us, mr. Dickens?

@bimmy-lee WHAAATTT??? You did NOT like Ori? What the heck is going on? The flow of time must be interrupted. I feel a disturbance in the f...

Ah, whatever, to each their own, I guess. I found it utterly charming/endearing, and a very beautiful game to boot. And as a marketing man, I've actually always learned to sell the sizzle, NOT the steak, so you're an upside down client, if you actually prefer the lesser of the two...

>Hiccup!<

Cheers... >burp!!<
(raises fourth, slightly stronger Bacardi & Coke to the monitor)

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

Off topic, or slightly belated topic from the other week. Another movie that really creeps me out is sinister.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - (slurp) Well, it’s a game I should love, and I only played the demo, but @NintendoByNature ‘s review sort of summed up how I felt after playing it. It was beautiful, and charming no doubt, but the gameplay was just a tad underwhelming in my opinion. Seemed like it was going to have a great story. In the WiiU days, I would have been all over it, but I’m spoiled for choice on the Switch, and I bumped it back a few spots on my must have list after playing the demo (hiccup). Metal Slug just loaded. Time to shoot EVERYthing! Every time I do mixed drinks, each ensuing mix gets just a liiiitle bit stronger.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee >sip<
You're gorfiven, I mean forgiven. Oh, man. Time to fire up the microwave. I need food to counter the alcohol boo-boos. But no worries, I'm not nearly as think as you drunk that I am...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

A thread that has been inactive for over six months is considered dead.

Bringing it back up will most likely just confuse the users that are joining a dead discussion, and chances are it will die again anyway.

The only exceptions we make are threads about a particular game. Like for example, you're free to revive the "the animal crossing new leaf thread" if you have a question to make about that game.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Well, @Ninfan mentioned that it was only two months, so that's not even close to six. Then again: what do I know?

Anti-Matter

A Life Switch is a Living Nintendo Switch that can talk to you and have emotional feelings. 😆

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

He doesn’t, either.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

Nothing brightens up my week like a ninfan comment to get this threads underoos in a bunch Lol

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Aren't you confusing him with Anti? He's the ultimate underoos buncher, far as I'm concerned...

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX lol, oh no. Ninfan always gets me chuckling. I literally hold my breath every time i read one of his posts. It's always so.... out of the blue lol

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

Anyone seen any British nintendo life users around 🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Oh, stop it, you ninny...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic