Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,161 to 35,180 of 36,602

Anti-Matter

I felt tired after i have played DDR A20 arcade this evening.
This song was pretty hard tho....
Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I always loved magic shows, and physics toys as a kid.....or big kid....

Some of it just amazes me still. The balls going infinitely through definitely were a magnetic repulsion...but I still can't figure the optical illusion out with the honeycomb. Pure witchcraft, I say!

NEStalgia

BruceCM

I don't disagree, @ThanosReXXX; it's just there's a lot more factors to consider that at least might make it less likely, as well, that we can basically only guesstimate based on our understanding of life, which is obviously limited
If the aliens are completely unlike us, we know nothing about the possibilities for them but then they might also be uninterested in exploring beyond their own solar system, if they even do that
I wasn't particularly aware of that, @bimmy-lee, but I'd agree it's far more likely to have a military explanation than being alien, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia If you look at it closely, you'll see that the circles aren't perfect. There's a tiny fold/bend in the bottom and top of them, making them look like squares when you turn it around to face those minute angles. But sometimes it's hard to really see how it works, unless you've actually got stuff like this in your own hands.

@BruceCM I guess it's probably a whole lot of factors combined, and maybe one of the largest ones may be that even if there's another civilization or multiple civilizations out there, the probability of them being FAR more advanced than us might not be that big, so even if they're a century ahead of us in technology and/or science, that might still not be enough for them to either be able to travel at light speed or bend space, so they're basically in the same situation as we are, where travel to even the moon already takes us 3 days, let alone getting to Mars, which takes six to eight months, depending on planetary positions and trajectories.

As for the aliens, in the case they ARE actually far more advanced: there's a chance that they would indeed not be interested in us at all, for whatever reason, but I still kinda imagine them having a big old laugh at how we portray them...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

I was thinking if we were not belong to Earth. We were from either Mars or other planet from faraway galaxy, placed on Earth as prisoners, covered by dogma, bible and salvation from aliens who claimed as god or goddess and they have their own conspiracy like Star Wars and we had to be silenced and not even asking who are they and why did they placed us on Earth.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter That’s the plot of Assassin’s Creed.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter That's a REALLY negative story, my friend. I'd like to believe that life and the Earth are something beautiful, and not merely created as a prison planet.

But, we actually DO come from space. All life does. After the planet was first formed, we went through many eons of volcanic eruptions and other fiery disasters, meaning no life was possible. Then the cool down began, water formed the oceans and thanks to the bombardment of all kinds of meteors, a multitude of minerals and micro-bacteria were deposited on Earth, and that eventually caused life to come into being.

It's called panspermia, look it up if you're interested.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
What?!
I didn't even think it was from that rated M game theory.

My Top 6 games :

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer ROFL

@Anti-Matter There are some theories that suggest that humans may not actually be native to Earth, originated on Mars, some form of calamity, man-made or natural made Mars the uninhabitable wasteland it is today, and the evacuees went over to the next planet that was becoming habitable - this one. Far flung, but reasonable and believable to an extent as well. If something were going bad on Earth and we knew Venus were going to move into the orbit Earth occupies and become habitable, survivors would probably flee and colonize there if the space flight capabilities existed, so there's some sense to thinking it. Of course, Mars rovers haven't exactly turned up evidence of such things....

@ThanosReXXX I figure we're kind of the backwater hillbillies of the universe. There are a lot of galaxies and a lot of solar systems, and we're a small planet orbiting a small-medium star in the backwater spiral armpit of a medium-at-best sized galaxy, on the outer bands of the universe. Sheer probability suggests there's probably other life out there...probably a lot of it....and quite a bit of it a lot older than we are, and therefore the ones that actually survived their own development, and possess the technology to visit a planet so far away (ours), if they actually would be here, it's a fair bet they're a lot older and a lot more advanced, technologically, and probably biologically, than we are... If they're here at all. We probably would be as interesting to such a civilization as watching the trailer parks in Arkansas would be to someone from Tokyo.....

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
But, on Venus the sun will rise from the West due to its tilt. And Venus have no moon, 1 day on Venus = 243 days on Earth.
But, wait...
I'm your Venus, i'm your fire, your desire.... 🤣

My Top 6 games :

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, no argument from me there. I absolutely believe that we're not alone in the universe, and especially not if rumors of a multiverse are actually true. Guess we'll never find out, though. Or at least not in our lifetime. On the one hand, that makes me kind of sad, but on the other hand, ever since this topic started, I've been having regular flashbacks of sci-fi classic series V, so in that respect, I wouldn't mind them staying the hell away...

ThanosReXXX

On a completely unrelated side-note: anyone else having problems with the site? Pages aren't loading automatically when I click on them, same goes for replying or editing. Strangely enough, the relevant links do appear in the browser's address bar (Firefox), but doesn't load. Only when I then click the reload button in the browser, does it load the corresponding page, so one extra step is needed every time. Kinda weird.

Maybe I'll just have to ask you about that, @antdickens. Don't know if it's just me or a bigger issue, but I didn't have this problem yesterday, so for me it's something new and weird, and not at all entertaining...

@Anti-Matter I would be kind of impressed if you would actually know the name of the original artists that made that song, without looking it up on the internet. Chances are that you only know about covers by other artists or some kind of DDR techno-remake of it.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX LOL, yeah. I assume other life is probably at least as parasitic as we are, so that might not be a good thing...

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Erm... there's nothing American about the original artists, so besides Anti's possible knowledge where that is concerned, I am now questioning yours...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Anti's the expert on American (or other) pop culture trivia. I most definitely am not

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Yeah, maybe a laugh, @ThanosReXXX .... Ultimately, it's basically not really possible to say how likely it is. Yes, the sheer size of the universe makes it seem highly likely but there's plenty of things that do make it less so, as well
The number of things that nearly wiped out life here, for instance; those sorts of things would happen for other places & might have ended it for many. It just may be that actually the odds are nowhere near as good as they initially seemed & there's probably more dangers we're not aware of, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Gillette made the song. Strong enough for a man, gentle enough for a woman.

@Anti-Matter Yep, what you described is in fact shown in the very first Assassin's Creed game and expanded on throughout the series. So your brain has actually been playing out the plot lines of M rated games for decades.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Phew, you scared me! I had to look around and check my privilege. (It fell off my desk, but I found it)

That reminds me, I need to do my Twitch NSO thing today.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic