Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,161 to 35,180 of 96,484

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Ah, snap! O instead of A. My bad. My Spanish is a bit rusty, and boozing up isn't exactly helping either...

Corrected as we speak...

And thanks for the correction.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

It sounded so much fancier though. Imagine having your snacks served on literal silver.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Meh, WAY too posh for me. Not a drop of blue blood in this body, and no butler in sight for miles...

And besides: it's snacks, not haute-cuisine, so putting those on a fancy plate is like swearing in church...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I consider that mission accomplished! ^_^

Yep, that lady was incensed and tried to play it off that the dog was a "service animal" meant to provide support (learned that detail last night), but IMO it doesn't take a lot of common sense to realize that a live animal with acute hearing doesn't belong in an environment like that. Now we had to write an addendum to the rules that no animals, including service animals, are allowed....

As in that random article where Nintendo Japan tweeted a friendly reminder that Switches aren't supposed to be sat on, rules and reminders like these seem humorous. The simple funny-but-not-really fact, however, is that there are reasons such reminders and rules are issued to begin with....XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, well... Basic universal truth: people are stupid, or at least: do really stupid things sometimes. Nintendo, and other companies, publish stuff like that for a reason. If we'd have to donate a dollar to every idiot who thought to himself "Hm... I wonder how strong the Switches' display really is. I'm going to put my entire weight on it just to try and see", then we'd probably be dining with the Salvation Army for the remainder of the month...

Tyranexx

@StableInvadeel B-but how else can my Switch get its daily dose of Vitamin C?!

@ThanosReXXX In some extreme cases, we wouldn't have to donate anything. Natural selection might kick in....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

bimmy-lee

I wish Nintendo would have reminded me that dogs shouldn’t play Switch. I tried to do some co op with mine, but all he did was chew the joystick off my neon blue joy con. He’s a jerk.

@BruceCM - Yeah, they look really nice, and it will never cease to blow my mind that a game like Witcher 3 runs on a machine like that. As a gamer with a few years under my belt, it just doesn’t seem possible, yet there it is. Switch is rapidly climbing my Nintendo power rankings. I do hope to nab a Lite before it’s all said and done.

@ThanosReXXX - Looks delicious! All of it. Now you’re navigating choppy waters like a pro. Is your Switch just to the left of your drink, or do you not mingle snacks and expensive electronics? I do dry snacks while I play mine, but I guess I wouldn’t mix juicy fruits, veggies, meat, and cheese with a game session. That sound you just heard was me cracking a beer, raising it in your general direction, and then taking a nice, long, frothy slurping sip.

@Tyranexx - I almost made an emotional support animal joke last week when you first told us about the dog smuggler. Wish I had done it now. Am I wrong to think that maybe, just maaaaaybe, if you require an emotional support animal; maybe a haunted house just isn’t for you?

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Haha, definitely not! I wish I had known that detail earlier so that you could have made that joke.

We did have a young kid come through our room with his father. He was already crying hysterically, and the dad at least let him compose himself (we held off more or less; we're trained when someone is at that point to not continue) before the kid decided he'd try to go on. We REALLY dialed it down for that kid. Rumor has it the kid didn't make it too far past our room. I also heard the kid had a sister who dropped out in the first room after the rules room.

While those kids shouldn't have been in there to begin with, I'll at least give a +1 to the dad for not being pushy with the kids as he was happy to let them bail out if they truly didn't want to continue. Some parents are jerks and just haul their hysterically crying kids through.

BruceCM

Oh, I thought they were, @Tyranexx .... I got a toaster recently & they felt the need to specify that I shouldn't put vases of water on it Along with telling me what the slots were for & several other blatantly obvious stuff

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx One can only hope...

@bimmy-lee No, my Switch isn't anywhere near anything hazardous, and neither are my other consoles.
Unless the TV counts as a potential hazard...

On that picture, you would have been able to see a TV in the upper right corner, with a Switch in front of it, had I zoomed out. But my living room is a bit of a mess right now, so I decided to focus on the table instead. Switch is well within reach, though...

Here's to you, matey! (raises Bacardi glass towards monitor)

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Toasters are for batting practice! Didn't you know?

Kind of reminds me of some of the weird random warnings for the waffle iron I got for Christmas a few years ago....

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Well, if the TV manufacturer didn’t explicitly tell you not to set your bowling ball collection on top of the TV, it could be a serious hazard. My grandma kept a cinnamon apple candle on top of her 2600. Why? I ended up with the console, and it still smells like ole grammies living room to this day.

@Tyranexx - That’s a good dad. My dad drug me through one when I was young under the premise of, “we paid good money to get in, and we’re gonna see it through”. I’ll never do that to my kids. My three year old son bailed on a carnival fun house after about three steps in last summer, and I just let him go without any shame. He tells me all the time that he’s definitely going through it next summer, but we’ll see.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, that's a nice reminder of the grandparents, for sure. I've got similar olfactory reminders of mine. Always takes me back to being a kid. Fond memories...

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
"Completely disposable and infinitely forgettable euro-trash."

But i really like EuroDance songs, especially the Bubblegums genre such as Butterfly by Smile.dk, WWW.Blondegirl by Jenny ROM, Best Friend by Toy Box, Barbie Girl by Aqua, Witchdoctor by Cartoons, etc.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter That's perfectly fine, my friend. Just because other people don't like it, doesn't mean that you can't enjoy it. It's just a difference in taste, that's all.

Ninfan

@BruceCM why do you recommend a lite switch ? Is there much difference between a switch and a lite switch. I mean is the new one a lot better does it have more memory or something like that...

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX why do the old topics of threads stay there if I can't use them? I was
a forum about retro gaming and I started up about 50 old ones that I really really liked and they said anything over 2 months was not to be used. The ones I started up got replys on them straight away .

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote "why do you recommend a life switch?"

Oh, LOL.... 🤣

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

@BruceCM why do you recommend a life switch ? Is there much difference between a switch and a life switch. I mean is the new one a lot better does it have more memory or something like that...

Depending on the age, a life switch may have less memory...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic