Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,121 to 35,140 of 36,602

Anti-Matter

@StableInvadeel
Ow, sorry. 😣
Because i just literally heard from Tom and Jerry episode (the small mouse talked in Frenglish)

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

BruceCM

Fermi Paradox being along lines of optimistic estimates about likelihood of extraterrestrial life, @Heavyarms55 .... But where is it?
Well, it's certainly possible that actually intelligent life-forms are rarer than the estimates, with the number of things that could easily have wiped it out before it got to even our stage
Then, they might have killed themselves off, like we're likely to do, as well! Or possibly they aren't that interested in exploring space? Especially if there aren't any quick ways to travel vast distances?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ha, that picture is actually quite funny, even though it is quite annoying at the same time. Better not show it to @Ryu_Niiyama, because that'll give yet another person a serious headache...

Where the whole otherworldly discussion is concerned: I don't even think that he mixed up the Evercade with the Switch Lite. I genuinely believe that he just clicked on the wrong thread and rushed to the comments section to spout his nonsense.

As for cheering myself up with a brew or two: I've traded out the brew for a couple of Bacardi & Coke's, they're a better and quicker way for me to numb the mind.

But it's a new day, so I'm all better now.

@Heavyarms55 Ah, no need for that silly speed of light. We just need to find out how to fold space, and go from there. But we do need to get off of this planet, though. I'm sure it'll happen at some point, and I'm kinda sad I won't live to see that happen. I do hope I may live to see the day that man lands on Mars, or even a HD version of the moon landing would be nice. I feel like it's about damn time that we send someone back there, also to finally be able to shut up all these conspiracy theorists, claiming we've never been there in the first place.

Then again, considering the advances in cinematic techniques, it'll probably even give them more "proof" to support their beliefs...

@BruceCM Your random placement of people's names is doing my head in...
And even more so because you stand out as one of the few people (if not the only one) doing it.
Why not just hit reply and type your comment after the name? It's basically like sending someone an e-mail, where you also start with the @ address...

Where alien life is concerned: I'm all but certain that it exists. The universe is SO large and there are so many planets and solar systems similar to our own, that it would be rather short-sighted for people to think that we are alone. However, I'm not sure I believe in a species more intelligent than us, because if they were, they would have already been able to reach us.

Then again: maybe they're just not interested, because maybe we're too prehistoric or boring for them, or simply not worth saving/educating.

Another possibility is that they're actually less developed than us, pretty much making them cavemen compared to us. Once we land on their planets, some time in the far off future, we'll find out if we're welcomed by laser fire or stones and spears...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

ThanosReXXX wrote:

We just need to find out how to fold space, and go from there.

Like I said, I’m just waiting for the Zentraedi.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BruceCM

@ThanosReXXX, I think it makes more sense my way but I'll try yours if it makes people happy .... It's certainly possible a very developed alien civilisation isn't that interested in exploring, at least this far afield Given the number of hurdles life managed to get through here, though, it might be less likely to survive that long than we're hoping

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Haha, appreciate the gesture, but I do understand why you feel that way. If I'm interpreting you correctly, you look at it as you would any normal real life conversation, where you would for example go like: "Mind if I ask you a question, Dave?" instead of "@Dave Mind if I ask you a question?"

I know that in that way it feels/seems a bit unnatural, but if you look at it in a digital way, as in the e-mail example, then it actually makes perfect sense.

On a side note: if you really don't feel like it suits you, then just keep on doing it your way. My comment was just an observation, not a command...

It just really stood out to me for reasons mentioned earlier, but I'll learn to live with it, eventually...

Concerning alien life: well, a lot of what you're saying is viewed from an idea that we can relate to, but if they're THAT much more advanced, then these supposed hurdles might not be all that significant to them, so that's only in our, perhaps relatively simplistic/less advanced view.

On a side note: as some great minds both in the past and today have already concluded, perhaps we really shouldn't be all that keen on getting to know other, more civilized beings, seeing as 99 out of a 100 times, the more advanced species has always conquered, enslaved or even completely eradicated the lesser species, so maybe we should think twice about looking for that so desperately.

Microbial life or a civilization less advanced I'm fine with, but we really shouldn't want to be running into any kind of evil Vulcans or Romulans...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

Yeah, it's not that similar to an email though, @ThanosReXXX .... In other forums, I do tags the same way & nobody ever said anything Any sufficiently developed civilisation is highly unlikely to be 'evil', if only because they'd be even more likely to have wiped themselves out
But the odds are that they'd be huge distances away & if the only ways to travel such distances would take thousands of years, they'd have to be that far ahead of us & think it worth spending the time, etc, involved Which might actually be far less likely than the chances of their being any such aliens in the 1st place! Alternatively, they've developed probes so advanced we can't even pick them up & scanned us, decided we're not worth visiting?

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM I don't visit many other forums, and the ones that do, also feature a reply button, so in that respect, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree to disagree. Typing something both before AND after a name actually seems more of an effort than simply using that reply button, followed by whatever you want to say to that person.

But, eh... to each their own, I suppose.

As for those highly developed civilizations: esteemed people like Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku and Neil DeGrasse Tyson vehemently disagree with you. Being evil/overpowering/conquering in nature in and of itself is not a recipe for destruction of a society. The "evil" (in victim's eyes) could of course only be directed at other nations on their planet and/or other life on other planets, keeping their own species more than safe from whatever extinction scenario you might be able to come up with...

So, again, I'd say that the visors used to assess this are once again a decidedly human one. Another thing to note is that perhaps other life is not necessarily carbon-based, so that might be another reason why we haven't discovered it yet, because we always think in a certain frame work, and especially in science and other largely established disciplines, it's not always that easy to think out of the box and being able to expect to be taken seriously in the process.

HobbitGamer

...wait, aren’t Romulans the evil Vulcans anyway?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I would say Untitled Goose Game is a sort of puzzle game, yes. It seems like you'll be trying many different things to annoy residents of your goose's unnamed town. @bimmy-lee described it pretty well up there. I intend to get it at one point, but I also don't see it getting a physical release unless Limited Run or someone gets the rights to create a few copies.

Never pay more than what you feel comfortable with for a game. I refuse to cave to collector prices since I buy games to play them, not merely display them for eternity.

@bimmy-lee Some of the actors also create some pretty cool effects on themselves using latex. "Exposed" bones, torn, rotting skin, etc. One of our clowns in previous years made a grotesque latex mask covering for his face every night he worked (He had a full beard, so I can only imagine how fun it was to take it off sometimes). At the end of each night, he would nail that evening's face up in his own "hall" in the clown area. He had quite a collection by the end of the season.

Yep, the guests pay to get scared and/or entertained. How they react after they've paid is none of our business, so long as we stay in character and they follow the rules. We've had less issues the last couple of years since we usually have an officer provided by the local police department to help keep screen groups before they make it into the attraction for our safety. Both the security team and our line actors (subtly in their case; they entertain but also heckle guests within the rules to check if they're too confrontational, drunk, high out of their mind, etc.) help make things safer for everyone.

We've had a few removals over the years due to unacceptable behavior. Guests can also simply quit if they've had too much. This year we have notably less strobes as those have caused issues with guests as well (though they're definitely warned about them).

@NintendoByNature I wouldn't argue with them making a hard decision easier.

@ThanosReXXX Believe me, I also find that picture humorous/annoying. But it does correctly serve its purpose. Or maybe we should cannibalize grandma....

Ah, I see; so it was a case of a lack of reading altogether. I thought most people read through the articles or at least skimmed them before commenting, but it seems I'm putting too much hope in such common sense. /shrug

I'm seriously considering trying out that Bacardi and Coke combination at some point....

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
"Never pay more than what you feel comfortable with for a game. I refuse to cave to collector prices since I buy games to play them, not merely display them for eternity."

I did it with Pokemon Black 2 DS last time.
I have to pay 1,500,000 IDR / US$ 107.41 to get that very rare DS game.
I don't mind to spend a lot of money with limitation not more than 1,500,000 IDR to get very Rare games in physical.
I play the games also after bought it, not just only display them on my shelf.
I don't want digital only if i realized there is a physical release.
I would rather spend a lot of money to get the things that will never get easily next time rather than buy the digital with cheaper price but i don't feel i have the games. I want to get the games in Hard way but worthy as collector.
Next target i'm looking for from Ebay are Earthlock Switch, 99Vidas Switch, Yokai Watch 3 3DS USA.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Yeesh, I didn't know that Black 2's price had been inflated that much. Was that new or used? I buy new when it's reasonably possible, but I'm not against dipping into the used market if it's cheaper and in good condition. (With games anyway; consoles are a different matter.)

I usually buy physical if possible unless digital is significantly cheaper. Before the Xenoblade Chronicles Switch announcement, I was seriously considering grabbing the game from the Wii U eShop.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Psst...
To tell you if got used Pokemon Black 2 in Very Good condition with some rare Pokemons inside including Genesect and other rare Pokemons
Also, it has 7 Badges when i loaded the Save data, indicated the last owner didn't erase the Save data 😁
Yaay... I'm so lucky. 😄😄😄

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :

SheldonRandoms

@bimmy-lee Jason wasn't the real terror, the REAL terror was all of that paperwork, I DIDN'T STUDY FOR THE TEST!

Now I have to wait and see if I got the part, if I do somehow get it, then i'll practice by playing the Friday the 13th game and keep parties to a minimum.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Excellent! I have Genesect on my copy too, I believe. I picked it up back I the day, so thankfully I didn't have to worry about picking it up now.

I had thought that HeartGold and SoulSilver were normally the most expensive these days....

Anti-Matter

@StableInvadeel
Actually, i still have the White 2, blank from beginning so i have start from Zero.
While Black 2 i got in 7/8 progress with some rare Pokemons inside, so i can transfer all of them into Pokemon Bank and i will distribute them for my Pokemon 3DS games. 😁

My Top 6 games :

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
"I had thought that HeartGold and SoulSilver were normally the most expensive these days...."

They still have insane price on Ebay, especially USA version. Except the Japan version, very cheap in contrary.

My Top 6 games :

HobbitGamer

I always thought Genesect looked eerily similar to an Invid Shock Trooper.

Taco Bell has tortilla chips in stores. I tried “Reaper Ranch”. It has Carolina reaper and moruga scorpion pepper spices.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic