Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,021 to 35,040 of 96,298

Eel

@ThanosReXXX they're gifts, silly. I, Manly Man McMale, am physically unable to wear colorful knitted scarves. So of course, I give most of the things I knit away.

Haven't had much time or will to knit lately, so right now my artistic itch is being scratched with random doodles every now and then.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero You're very welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. And PostImage links are permanent, so no fear of images disappearing either. Unless of course you use that "delete" link...

An additional tip: you may also want to create a free account, depending on whether or not you want to keep track of all the pictures and/or albums you upload.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel So... you knit scarfs for others, but when you need something to keep your own neck warm in winter, you just buy it, or what?

On a side note: I've honestly never seen the words "knitting" and "manly" in one sentence, unless it also mentioned the word "not" right in between...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

Yeah, TinyPic went dark for non-subscribers and deleted images, and Photobucket went subscription quite a while ago and finally a month or two ago, decided to blur out all images they formerly hosted for non-subscribers. With two tiers - the one that lets you post on external websites like forums is like $350/yr or something.

I think the "free internet" is coming to a close...and when it does, we'll have arrived at the point where the internet made nothing better and made everything worse. If I could uninvent the internet, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

NEStalgia

Eel

I do keep some of the hats for myself if that's better.

And I did keep Voodoo Joe from my original batch of plushies. Couldn't find a good reason to give him away.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Oh man, those are great. I like their categories: Plaid, Ugly, Less Ugly, and Short Suits. I’ll stick with my ugly Colts Christmas sweater, unless...

@StableInvadeel - So, you’re saying you have the time if I send you measurements?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Here 'ya go, buddy, it's not quite un-inventing, but it's surely the next best thing:
http://www.turnofftheinternet.com/

EDIT:
Just found out that this site doesn't work correctly in Firefox, unless you allow it to display pop-ups. Don't know if it's the same in other browsers, but just so you know. And it's completely harmless and safe to do so.

@StableInvadeel Ah, not to worry, my friend. Obviously just pulling your leg.

@bimmy-lee At some point, I already figured you to be an "ugly Christmas sweater" guy, and seeing as you're also into wrestling, there may not be too many people wanting to risk laughing at you for wearing one, so I guess you'd get away with it as well...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - I’ll take what I can get. Let me just take some measurements on my Randy Savage action figure, and I’ll get back with you.

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, you nailed it. I’m that guy. I’m a handful of other “guys” too. I take pride in having no pride and love just to get a laugh out of people. I’m probably not the average rasslin fan though. My beard extends above my neck. I was a high school wrestler though, and I’ll twist someone up into a pretzel if they look at me funny.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of a beard you're actually supposed to have. Beards extending above necks sound just like the average normal beard to me...

Tyranexx

Note to self: Do NOT read the comments under articles that may or may not be controversial. One's skull can only survive so much facepalming.

Mods, I hope that you're compensated for stuff like this in some way. At least with free site merch or a drink of choice or something.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, well I was referring to a “beard” beard that includes cheeks and ‘stache, but neckbeard has always seemed funny to me because, unless it’s in reference to a scruffy neck, it should actually be a throat beard; but that doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Of course, I’m just playing on a stereotype, and hope I haven’t actually offended any of my brothers and sisters of the squared circle. We tend to have a decent sense of humor about our interest though. After all, it’s oily people pretending to fight in their underwear. I see all types in the crowd when I go to local shows.

@Tyranexx - Oh no, the dreaded C word! That’ll get lots of people riled up. I’ll just go ahead and assume it’s the exact same arguments being made in this one as every other censorship article and save myself the brain cells.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, to me, throat beard sounds like having a beard on the inside of, well... your throat.
That would LITERALLY be VERY hard to swallow...

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx @bimmy-lee The worst thing about most of these first-class a-ho... erm, I mean usual suspects defending censorship, is that 9 out of 10 times, they actually don't even read an article, or the links referred to in that article, to inform themselves and actually get the whole picture.

Instead, their stance is always just that the other people must be some kind of lecherous predator of underage material, and obviously, it's always only for the anime boobs...

That REALLY infuriates me, because I too, am firmly against censorship of any kind, unless it's in the news or something, but in content that I personally want to buy, own, play and/or view, no such thing should exist. And in this case specifically, or maybe even in all cases of anime-inspired or Japanese games, it's often because of all the content, that people want to play these games, so they can remove any excess of nudity far as I'm concerned, but once you're gonna mess with the actual story line of the game itself, then I'll most definitely gather up my torch and pitchfork.

Or maybe my Infinity Gauntlet...

Could also be that right now, I'm slightly riled up, both because of the idiots in that comment section, and because I seem to be stuck not being able to win any more races in Asphalt 9, but not willing to spend a single dime to possibly be able to do something about that by upgrading my cars even further...

NintendoByNature

Thanks to @redderrugfish I Grabbed metal slug in a sale. Never played one until today and it was pretty cool. Glad I waited a few days after his recommendation since it ended up going on sale. Other than night finished up guacamelee 2 and Ori the past couple days. What's everyone been up to? I think i saw a new movie recommendation from a 1 BimmyLee that i may or may not check out tonight. Have to be up super early tomorrow morning so id rather not risk it and possibly be caught into staying up all night lol.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

A1 Bimmylee, the only steak sauce for discerning tastes

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer I'm glad I just read that AFTER having taken a sip of my drink and having downed it...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I’m against censorship of any kind, but I’m even more against the way it seems to be discussed in the comment sections here on NL. It’s mind numbing. It seems to be the single topic that bring out the most poop flinging.

@NintendoByNature - Looove me some Metal Slug, which game did you get? I just looked at the eShop sales last night and didn’t see them on sale. Honestly, I didn’t even realize they’re on Switch. Not a bad one in the bunch if you ask me. Did you see me mention Midsommar? I actually haven’t seen that one yet, but I intend to.

@HobbitGamer - Pardon me, but could you pass the HobbitGrame Poupon?

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee went on sale today i believe. So i got 1(only 1 on sale) which RRF recommended or X. It was wierd, I asked in the switch thread which is a good one to get and he chimed in and say 1 or x. I held off on buying it since i was deep in gauc and ori. 2 days later, boom, its on sale. Almost like Nintendo is secretly listening to my needs 🤔. This is some hereditary stuff going on right here. Dont.trust.ANYONE.
But ya enough of that. What is midsommar on? I didn't see it on Netflix or prime.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Oh, completely agreed. And it's exactly those types I mentioned. Clueless, myopic, short-sighted, you name it. There are a few "pro-boobie" trolls to be found in some of these articles, but it's actually quite easy to ignore those, even without a button...

No, it's all the "holier-than-thou" and SJW characters that I'd like to give a good beating, if anything, to just shut them the hell up, because I don't have any realistic hopes of them ever learning any better.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic