Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,961 to 34,980 of 35,177

Tyranexx

I had Railroad Tycoon 3 on the PC at one point as a kid. I didn't play it very much as I found it kind of hard and less fun than other simulation games I had played.

@ThanosReXXX I can definitely walk that distance if I'm up for a true workout; the danger and lack of any significant shade on
most of that route just makes it less appealing. XD

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the update! Sounds like you've earned that Sam Adams; enjoy every drop! Take comfort in the fact that you did your best...no matter the outcome. It's another experience under your belt.

I'm not sure if I'd appreciate corporate culture either. The difference with me is that I've only seen how it works from the outside; my current place of employment is big with multiple offices scattered around, but we definitely aren't a corporate environment.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Ryu_Niiyama

@nintendobynature Fingers crossed on good news!

Speaking of corporate culture though I really feel like I was born manners-wise in the wrong time period (obviously as an AA in the US I don't long for the past by ANY means, half of the time the present is trying although nothing like what my parents and back went through.) but I really wish that people weren't so crass or rude. I have a coworker that is very popular with other coworkers and he has a terrible personality as a person. I know I'm a "wet blanket" or whatever the common insult is for treating others with respect and common decency but everything he says is an insult or sexist comment, I'm in IT so mostly men so of course they think its funny. I pretty much just live in headphones so I don't have to deal with him as much as possible. However I really, REALLY want to wash his mouth out with soap.

I don't understand the current opinion that being crass is more realistic/honest/natural, if your natural personality is to insult and belittle others and hide behind "it's my sense of humor, don't judge me" or curse at work, I really want nothing to do with you. (I mean you wouldn't say those things to our investors usually ...I know that the suits are usually the worst behind closed doors.)

I'd hoped once I entered my 30's things would improve and professionalism would be more commonplace as I moved away from entry level jobs, but alas, that is not the case. I feel like the more I move up the worse it gets. Granted I've never worked with mostly women, so I keep the hope that such an environment would be a little better, but I doubt it. I suppose between being a born and bred Southerner, and years of dealing with Japanese Dojo (plural, there is no plural form of Japanese words and it drives me nuts when people slap an s on things) as well as modeling much of my life on bushido what I long for is a pipe dream..for others at least. I shall continue to refine myself. I think I'll buy some better headphones with some of my bonus this year.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

RedderRugfish

NEStalgia wrote:

The bunny outfits/"dancing girls" is a running theme in DQ as well....

In Dragon Quest 3 you can even make an entire party full of bunny girls and play through the whole game with them. It'll be miserable but it's possible.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia wrote:

The bunny outfits/"dancing girls" is a running theme in DQ as well....

On Dragon Quest Builders 2, you can wear Bunny Girl outfits regardless your gender, also you can make your NPCs wear Bunny Girl outfits too. If you feel naughty, you can even build a Night Club with some Beers, Poker cards, Neon cubes, Babs sign, Dancing spot and Metal Pole. Put some Bunny gals inside the Club and make them dancing near of the pole with Neon cubes around them. 😆

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@RedderRugfish
"In Dragon Quest 3 you can even make an entire party full of bunny girls and play through the whole game with them"

Even the boys ?? 😮😆

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ninfan

Is there forum on nintendo life where I can try and get someone to play the same game online on 3DS

Ninfan

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

HobbitGamer

Jalapeño Peanut M&Ms are great.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx @Ryu_Niiyama thanks you two! Ugh, I really dislike people like that. 1 of the guys interviewing me today kind of felt like that guy. First sentence out of his mouth had a swear in it then it just continued. At the end I asked for his email address and before I could even explain why I wanted It, he cut me off and said " don't bother sending me a thank you email, I'll just delete it." Lol ok....?? I was going to email you a list of follow up questions I had about the position. So yea i think these two are peas in a pod. Sorry to hear that guy is a joke at your place.

Edit: @hobbitgamer I've been eyeing them. I think we talked about this a while Back, the english toffee ones are sooooo good

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I just saw them at the gas station on the way home; clearance for $0.50. I’m gonna stock up on the remaining dozen tomorrow.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature While I can kinda sympathize with an interviewer if he has had to deal with dozens or perhaps even hundreds or applicants - what you describe is extremely unprofessional sounding. Although they might be testing you to see how you react to that sort of thing.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

RedderRugfish

@Anti-Matter No, the boys get to be jesters instead.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Glad it went well, and it’s in the rear view mirror. Hope you hear what you want from them. The guy who’s too important and busy to open up thank you/follow up emails is an idiot. Other than the sit down interview, correspondence like that might be the next most important bit of evidence for evaluating talent. At any rate, great experience for you, well done.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

Our country Indonesia is mourning due to Mr B.J.Habibie, former 3rd Indonesia President has passed away on his age 83 years old this evening.
I got the news just now from my smartphone 30 minutes ago.
My condolences for his family to stay strong...

Our country Indonesia will mourning and fly the flag at half staff from 12 - 14 September 2019. 😔

My Top 6 games :

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I can definitely imagine...

@NintendoByNature Congrats on getting the first part out of the way. Here's hoping the second half will also agree with you. Good luck.

@Ryu_Niiyama Haha, I can definitely relate to being slightly annoyed by people slapping an extra s on a word that doesn't need one, being reasonably well versed in certain Asian terms, as a former martial artist myself. But on the other hand, I can also alleviate my annoyance pretty quickly, because I understand and accept that not every average Joe or Jane on the street knows about martial arts and/or the words and institutions that go along with it, so what it basically comes down to, is ignorance, and I can't really blame people for not knowing words they don't have the slightest inkling of an idea about.

It would almost be the same as other people blaming me for mispronouncing words or statements that relate to nuclear fusion or higher mathematics.

P.S.

I think I can safely assume that by AA you mean African American? Or is it Asian?

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX I'm African American. I as an aspiring astrophysicist (Why is American education so expensive?! I'd be done by now otherwise...just, kill me.) still get annoyed when people mess that stuff up too (lol, and here you thought you picked an example that I wouldn't go..."well actually..."). We have super computers in our pockets. Google it or don't say anything; ignorance does not exist in the modern world, only apathy and laziness. My annoyance about the language missteps is that I am a hobbyist linguist and translator. I try to ignore the things that others do as much as possible and I try not to make those lapses in diligence myself. I tend to be a hard taskmistress on myself.

Edit: I'm certain that if I was an Asian American I would have picked a different username to show my respect for Seiryu and Shiho Niiyama as well as my love for Street Fighter.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@StableInvadeel Isn't that a breed of horse? (I know its a region in..Spain I believe but do they call themselves that?) Please tell me you aren't calling me a horse...it's too early in the morning for me to have to quit the internet for the day.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@StableInvadeel Cool, wasn't sure if they called themselves that. Of course I'm sure you would be well aware I have no Latin heritage otherwise I would have spoken to you in Spanish at some point by now, lol.

Edit: Interesting, it is always fun to learn the new names that people give others. Japan vs Nippon being a prime example.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX Thanks, quick update. The gentleman who set the whole thing up and I actually really like, said I won the day(over the 2nd applicant who came in just after me) and they'll be extending an offer to me. Not sure how i feel about them just yet though.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic