Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,961 to 34,980 of 39,049

Burning_Bacon

@Toy_Link honestly until recently I didn't even think about whether or not they played the games they were rating. I just kinda figured they were shown a slice of the game to base the rating on. I'm the subject of EA, I kinda figured there was some under the table bribes flying about to keep the ratings low so the can push their gambling into kids laps and parents credit cards.

Burning_Bacon

bimmy-lee

@KarateLuigi - You caught me twice with your last post. The mention of underage moths, and that vine both cracked me up. I’ll take a rooibos tea please. I’ve only had it cold and bottled. I’d like to try it warm. I was hooked for a while on cold watermelon rooibos tea. I’m with you on cats too. They’re fine, but I’d much rather have the interaction of a dog. I have an old mutt, and we can communicate telepathically. Good luck with the move. I didn’t stay in one spot more than a year from ages 18-31. I moved so many times that I never want to move again.

@BruceCM - I know you were joking! Hard to take moth fetishes seriously. I’m usually joking as well. Unless I’m not.

@Tyranexx - I can’t imagine how quickly that comment section went downhill. Hope you had a fun night scaring people!

@HobbitGamer - How’s your mom? Did you get all the TPS reports finished and submitted to the assistant to the regional district manager’s PC load letter?

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Lucarianzx

I just watched Over The Garden Wall last night, easily one of the best shows I've ever watched and will continue to watch every fall as tradition.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Eel

Octane wrote:

Maybe I'm the only one, and no offence, but that image of a horseshoe sandwich on wikipedia looks disgusting

The idea of carbs on meat on carbs with cheese doesn't appeal to me at all.

I imagine you’ve never eaten a cheeseburger with fries.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NotTelevision

@StableInvadeel Yeah but I can kind of understand the sentiment. When you order a cheeseburger with fries it’s all separated.

I think I’d like a horseshoe if it was fresh and the cheese sauce didn’t have a chance to make the fries soggy.

Who can forget the soggy disaster that was the KFC Famous bowl. I ordered it once thinking that it might be good since I did like all the ingredients individually. Together as one entity, they formed an unholy union that damaged all the brave who tried it.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Haha. I think had it in the earlier more experimental phase. The breading on the chicken and gravy kinda coagulated into a mass.

It definitely had the potential to be delicious though, if the proportions were right.

Something I used to do as a kid at Wendy’s is dip my fries into the frosty, so I’m not adverse to weird fast food combos.

NotTelevision

BlueBlur101

Joker is a goddamn masterpiece

Seriously, WATCH IT. Ignore what the press has to say about inciting gun violence or glorifying white male terrorism because they simply missed the deeper messages about the importance of not dismissing mental health, social divide, whether we contribute to the toxicity that creates malevolent people, what it takes to expose society's inadvertent hypocrisies, etc.

I'd honestly be content with DC scrapping the DCEU in favor of more of these standalone character study films on their individual heroes and villains in a "what if" scenario where they rose from realistic circumstances.
Easy 10/10 film. Really makes you think.

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I honestly don't know what's not to get/understand. I actually thought I was quite elaborate in the explanation of my views, and how I didn't find the meme funny, which is basically all I was saying, and that's the reason I got annoyed with it, because apparently, it's supposed to be funny, but I'm not one of the people that think it is. As a empathic person, I don't like people being labeled as psychopaths, doesn't matter if it's just for a bit of fun or actually serious. I find both equally insulting.

But let's just slap a "fair enough" sticker on it, and move on to less intrusive topics.

@Octane You got a point there. I usually make Thai curry, so that explains my knowledge/view on that specific subject.

@Tyranexx So, we agree on both cosmetic surgery AND the whole Audrey Drake is all but ready for the asylum thing?

Thank you ever so much, ma'am. A weight has been lifted. (makes courteous bow)

Perhaps YOU should explain it to @NEStalgia, because try as I might, and I have, I just wasn't able to make him understand. That has always been and will always be one of the major downsides of online communication. It does add layers of it's own to a conversation and in how you can get to know people, but on the other hand, you lose a large chunk of simple communication skills and/or comprehension, because it lacks being able to read the other's face or hear their tone of voice, which is sometimes incredibly handy to immediately interpret one's intent and to prevent having to do the aforementioned talking in circles...

Oh, well. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

P.S.

That horseshoe contraption does sound nice, albeit one heck of a calory bomb and probably even a one-way ticket to a cardiac arrest, when eaten too often...

@Heavyarms55 Well, I never said there was anything wrong with wasabi, and I like it as well. But I also like all the various curries. I can even make it even less complicated: I just like and enjoy good food, whatever it is. There's very little that I don't like. Snails and white asparagus being two of the handful of exceptions.

@Octane Now you can probably imagine what tourists coming to the Netherlands think, when they are introduced to a "kapsalon" for the first time...

@StableInvadeel I wouldn't compare it to a burger and fries, seeing as you don't eat the fries ON the bread.
It ultimately all ends up in your stomach, obviously, but having any kind of burger with a separate side of fries isn't the same as a meat and fries melt on toast...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@BlueBlur101 It's definitely on my must-watch list. I am almost never disappointed when watching a movie with Joaquin Phoenix in it, and I do believe that the success of the movie is in large part thanks to yet another stellar performance on his part.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

So you've never added fries to the burger.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Nope. I eat 'em as they get served: straight from the paper bag or cardboard container they come in, such as at McDonald's or Burger King.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

I don’t put fries on my burger, but I do stuff fries into my mouth after taking a bite of burger. There’s something weird to me about the texture when they’re on the burger, but it’s totally fine if I take a bite of each separately and chew them up at the same time. Weirdo.

@ThanosReXXX - Just googled kapsalon, and now I want it. There were quite a few recipes for it, and they all look delicious.

limby-bee was a jerk.

BruceCM

Yeuch, @StableInvadeel .... You carry on doing that with yours but I eat mine separately!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

BlueBlur101

@ThanosReXXX Oh he kills it in this film. His performance doesn't derive from any previous Joker incarnation, in fact he didn't read any Joker material when prepping for the film and instead researched mental illnesses and serial killer motivations. The way they turn his laugh into a chronic illness that physically pains him was also such a fantastic way to ground his story within reality.

BlueBlur101

Eel

People dunk their fries in milkshake. I don’t see how adding them to the hamburger is any form of disgusting. Not that I do regularly.

One of my favorite burgers is Carl’s Jr. breakfast burger. Which already comes with mini hash browns thingies inside.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, I'll buy you one, whenever you'll finally drop in for a visit...
The original recipe is as follows:
layer of french fries, layer of shawarma meat, add some complementary sauces/condiments, then add a layer of salad leafs/lettuce and finally, add a layer of cheese on top, put it in an oven until the cheese has melted all over it, and hey presto: you've got yourself a kapsalon. Which, by the way means ""hair dressing salon" and the reason why it's called that, is because some guy working at a salon, ordered a dish of fries, shawarma meat and salad, but he said to the guy from the snack bar to just chuck it all in one container/box.

The guy from the snack bar apparently wasn't sure if he was serious or not, so he decided to run with what he thought might potentially be a practical joke and he said "do you also want a layer of molten cheese on that?", to which the salon guy said: "hm, you know what? Why not?". And now, in honor of this weird story, the dish is nicknamed a "kapsalon".

@BlueBlur101 I'll immediately take your word for it. As mentioned, I have hardly ever seen him disappoint.
And I don't mind him taking over the role. Besides, after Jared Leto's version, things could only get better anyways...

I do have one tiny niggle, though: I don't like this version of the Joker's make up. I thought Heath Ledger's was SO iconic, that they should have kept it going. Across all DC movies, that's also what always stands out to me, compared to Marvel movies: a serious lack of continuity.

The same is now going to happen to both Superman and Batman, with yet another new pair of actors taking over those roles, and if rumors are to be believed, there's going to be another Flash as well. Compare that to Marvel, and they even use their movie actors in their series and the other way around, even though the former happens quite sparingly, but still.

That adds SO many layers and familiarity to both the series and the movies, and DC should have definitely picked up on that, so to make a comic-appropriate comment on that, they should have taken a page out of Marvel's book to make that work far better than it's doing right now, regardless of the individual success of some of their super hero movies.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Probably true. And I never eat kapsalon either. But at least they add some veggies to it.

By the way, for making Thai curries I'd recommend the Fair Trade brand. They have quite a few curry pastes, and they don't come with any nonsense that doesn't belong in a spice blend. The ingredient list is a joy to read. Very authentic, and it contains most of the ingredients I'd personally put in a curry paste. I used to make them myself, and I still do when I have the time, but they are a great substitute.

Octane

BlueBlur101

@ThanosReXXX The Joker makeup actually makes perfect sense when taking into context how he starts off in the film. He's basically repurposing his clown makeup from his daytime job as a clown for hire. It's basically their way of posing a hypothetical scenario of "what if the Joker was actually born out of a person who walked among a real-world society". There are certain scenes in the movie that actually really sell the look and Joquain at points even makes it look legitimately intimidating and terrifying.

Honestly I feel DC has a winning formula with these Elseworld-type stories that tackle more serious tones and more applicable subject matter that Disney in all honesty, would not even dare to touch with a 5-foot pole. I feel like if this was their way forward with adapting their iconic catalogue of characters, especially since they've began to de-emphasize the shared nature of the DCEU with Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman, they could honestly make something special out of this new approach to films

Also Robert Pattinson post-Twilight has become a powerhouse Oscar-tier actor at his best so I expect him to really give us a good Batman regardless

BlueBlur101

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, great story. It’s amazing how some dishes come together. I’d be tempted to mix a little mint or cilantro in with the greens depending on the type of meat and sauce. Seems like something I’d want to eat quickly before the fries get soggy and the greens get wilted.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic