Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,921 to 34,940 of 96,298

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee This is true. It is both transparent and opaque at once. Don't question it. 4DS has no time for questions. Literally and figuratively.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NotTelevision

Dang. I swear I spent close to three hours trying to beat these traffic puzzles in Astral Chain. This small mini game took me longer than some of the chapters in this game. Good brain ticklers they are.

NotTelevision

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee Here in the NEC, everything is 1.2 miles away but it takes at least 45 minutes to get there.

NEStalgia

PACO_PEREZ

Here were I live, the hour of the day depends on everything. If I have to go to the hospital at 8am, I have to get in my car at 6:40am... But if I have to go at 10am I will get there in 15 minutes tops. Same as the return home, if it can be 15min, 30min, or up to 1 hr and a half of traffic.

For the record my home town is on the top five of traffic accidents in Latin America and also a desert area, traffic and boiling weather are really bad combinations.

Edited on by PACO_PEREZ

PACO_PEREZ

PACO_PEREZ

I started playing Killer Queen Black yesterday, was sooo fun. I think my team was losing because of me, but was great fun. Any of you playing??

PACO_PEREZ

Tyranexx

Psh. You're all missing out! Here, we tame the deer and giant bobcats and make them pull our all-terrain segways!

The giant rabbits and snakes are for the more adventurous types.

@HobbitGamer I'm trying to understand why someone would think bringing a pet through an attraction like that is a good idea. XD

@bimmy-lee The area I'm in is pretty early on in the experience, so my group definitely got to see the dog. It seemed pretty laid back and calm then, though I can imagine the poor thing was probably shaking already. Our area, in terms of noises, is pretty tame. There are some loud noises activated by sensors or manual controls later on. I'm surprised she didn't have the brains to ASK if she could bring the dog through. Depending on its temperament, I'm sure one of the outside staff could have kept an eye on it while she went through the attraction.

500+ guests is our best number so far this season. This coming weekend is historically our busiest, so it's very possible that we'll top that on at least one of the two nights.

Probably my best scare this weekend was with a couple of very freaked-out ladies in one group. They backed up into a table in our area after getting a look at one of the actresses in the next immediate room (Some background; she does her own makeup and is excellent with the material she uses).

Tyranexx sneaks up behind the two screaming ladies who backed up into the table

Me (in character): WHY ARE WE SCREAMING?!

The two ladies turn around and see me

Ladies: AAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Best. Reaction. Ever.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

Phew! We're back... took some time off, due to personal matters that I had to get out of the way, and we're still not quite there, but far enough along for me to be able to dip back in here. A lot to process, though, if you've been away for a couple of days.

In between being ever so slightly taken aback by @bimmy-lee's response to my Untitled Goose Game joke, and then 7 pages of talks about Nickelodeon cartoons (none of which I like, but then again: I'm not exactly the target audience anyway), fruity soda pops, anime figurines, disturbingly freakish looking monkey statuettes, mosquito problems, bad horror movies(*), figurine collecting, dog washing, people returning, human sacrifices for Switch Lite, chihuahuas in horror houses, the 4DS (wtf already?), riding gators and various other animals to work, there's just WAY too much to sensibly respond to, if at all, so I'm just going to leave the past where it belongs, and will look forward to any potentially interesting topic mentioned in the next couple of pages...

(*)If I would have to name any horror type movie I really like, then the general consensus would have to be no over-exaggerated amounts of gore for the sake of it, and please oh please, an intelligent story, preferably one that's not stretched thin into infinity across WAY too many sequels...

An example of a good, intelligent and non-gory horror movie with both an excellent story and imaginative, intelligent content, is Pan's Labyrinth. It's almost more like a fairy tale, which, as people in the know will be able to confirm actually were often times also horror type stories, but over the many decades they've sadly evolved (been butchered) into kid safe mass media products.

Just look up the original Grimm's stories to see how these "lovely" and inspiring fairy tales are really supposed to be seen and told. The TV show Grimm, although over-exaggerated, actually comes a heck of a lot closer in its intent and feel than the Disney movies that most of us know and love...

At their most positive, a lot of the original fairy tales may not exactly be kid safe, but at least they are often cautionary tales, with morals and values in them, much like any real life myths or legends.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Here, any of these might help you. Go to the videos' own YouTube page to find links to all of the products:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Hey now. Nothing is sacred here, except for Pete and Pete. I think it must be in the KrebStar mod guidelines of this group. I’m not sure where I put it though...

NotTelevision

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I appreciate the brief summary. I read almost nothing between the time I was gone and my "return" post barring what was already on the last page. XD

Still not fully back btw. This week is the calm after AND before the storm. Stuff ramps back up this weekend, but at least I should be able to shove in some game time vs. running around like a headless Chocobo.

Also a fan of Grimm by the way.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

KarateLuigi

Considering there'll be more Swish (Sword/Shield) news I guess I'll have to take a break from this site for a good while.

In other news, last time I played Minecraft I used a fishing rod with Luck of the Sea. I caught another rod with Lure, Unbreaking, Mending, and Luck of the Sea, all at max level. Used that and caught a book with - I kid you not - seven enchantments. I thought I were hallucinating.

In more other news, I'm preparing a birthday parcel for my better half and made some simple short breads for the occasion since she likes her food plain. First time I'm sending homemade biscuits so here's hoping they'll hit the spot. I used wholemeal flour and after dyeing it the red part looked like ground pork and the green one looked like mossy dirt. At least they look unusual.

@Anti-Matter @bimmy-lee Welcome back!

@ThanosReXXX Hm, hm. Star mint tea would be something I'd try but it's hard to say whether I'd like it. I'm not too crazy about anise and mint tea though I found one example of the latter I ended up enjoying. I definitely wouldn't be able to handle that Turkish tea, I can at least drink pretty much anything on the tea front and have zero issues with having stale, cold coffee, but if there's even a spoonful of sugar in either I can't drink it at all. XD

I think the weirdest tea I've had so far would be a loose black tea with all sorts of spices including red pepper, some yellow flower bits (can't remember what it was), and cocoa. As in... actual pieces of cocoa shells. The result was, well, an interesting, lightly spicy tea with hints of cocoa. Otherwise I've had tea with dragon fruit but I can't say I was crazy about it. It doesn't taste bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to have it. One curious thing I saw in a shop a few times but never tried was a cola-flavoured tea - no iced tea or the like, it was actual tea in bags. By now I'd give it a whirl but it has long disappeared.

Edited on by KarateLuigi

Currently playing: ACNL, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Art Academy, Minecraft, Mario Tennis Aces
Sidegames: Super Kirby Clash, Overcooked 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Looking forward to: Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Swish
Hyped for: ACNH

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Huh? I mentioned none of that, but now that you did, here you go:
http://pnp.norecess.org/kreb.html

@Tyranexx And the list of things in common grows and grows. Sometimes I think that needs to stop before it gets to a level where it's weird enough to become too uncomfortable/awkward to talk about...

(just kidding, obviously, but I sometimes do feel it's ever so slightly uncanny)

@KarateLuigi I'm pretty sure that somewhere hiding away on one of the many, many pages of the worldwide web, there will be a web shop offering you the solution for acquiring that particular flavor of tea, regardless of the fact that it isn't available anymore in any brick and mortar store front.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - That makes sense now. It’s why I both could barely see your 4DS and also couldn’t see it at all.

@NEStalgia - So it takes us the same amount of time to go everywhere, except I’m cruising along at 80, and you never break 10 mph. Sounds about right.

@Tyranexx - Ha, that’s a great scare right there. Had to feel so great. I’m curious if you know or can tell what makes the bad smell that put the vom guy over the edge of the vom cliff? I have a very weak stomach for weird smells.

@ThanosReXXX - Glad to see you back friend. I was curious of your whereabouts, but I know better than to invoke the name of a Titan in an Internet break. Hope the personal matter wasn’t too awful, or if it was; it’s in the rear view. Just to clear the air on my Goose comment, I was just looking for a reaction. My personal philosophy concerning others is whatever makes you happy, but I myself have always only been interested in the opposite sex, and that started at an inappropriately young age. Never even had to experiment to be sure, it was always clear.

@KarateLuigi - You had a nice message for me last week, and I never got a chance to respond because I had an injury while doing yard work. It’s about 200 pages deep now, so I’ll just have to let it go. Just want you to know I wasn’t ignoring you, and I appreciate the discussion.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

BruceCM

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tales, @ThanosReXXX ... I read those when I was young They're certainly darker in tone than most things aimed at young children

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Better get this one out of the way right now, before any potential misgivings might arise in the near future: completely agreed on your philosophy, and I share the exact same interests, so only b&b for this guy. I don't mind if people think or feel otherwise, but personally, I'd rather have the c&b people enjoying their particular poison somewhere else, far removed from my eyesight and knowledge.

Concerning the reason of my short leave of absence: it wasn't something related to private matters as in family or friends, just business-related. Which in my case, does make it personal, seeing as I'm an independent contractor. But I'm dealing with it. Might explain some time later, it's a bit too fresh now, and like my avatar, I'm a rather proud person, making certain things VERY hard to accept or stomach...

But enough of that for now. On to more interesting and hopefully more light-hearted topics.

@BruceCM Kinda makes the authors rather appropriately named, doesn't it? And the meaning of the word grimm/grim is practically the same in German, so there's that as well...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I’m an IC too, and I know the peaks can be rather high, and the valleys very, very low. Best to you pal. Better days ahead. On a lighter note, the branch that got my eye last week gave me a pretty good smack to the nose, and it appears it may have cleared up some long time sinus problems I’ve had for decades. I’ve been breathing perfectly from both nostrils. If my vision returns to normal, I’ll come out ahead!

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, more power to "things happen for a reason" and "there's no such thing as coincidence", then...

BruceCM

Well, I'm not sure what their actual target audience was, @ThanosReXXX .... Maybe older children than I was, at least? Then, they were mostly writing existing stories, so that might make a difference

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Back in those days, there was no such thing as "kid safe", at least not in the cocooned manner that we now present and express it, so scary stuff was told to children as well. Remember the boogie man? Nowadays, kids might mistake him for a Just Dance character, but kids in those days were told in quite a bit of detail what he might do to them.

And the same was done for wolves, ghosts and other apparitions people believed in back then. To scare kids with these fairy and folk tales was to keep them safe from harm and from doing stupid things like wondering off into the forest all on their own, hence the reason they're often constructed and/or meant as cautionary tales.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
"My kids ride big chickens to school."

Your kids rode Chocobo to go to school ?! 😮😆

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic