Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,261 to 34,280 of 96,503

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Well, I never once noticed anything being amiss.

@NEStalgia No, I'm not, and as @Octane correctly noticed, it's actually Thai. I just used Google Translate.

Because of that, I now also completely understand his continuous misuse of the word "ever".

EDIT:
And it was simply a message with some kind words, and my view on the situation and his actions, in hopes of giving him some perspective, and seeing as he's not on site anymore, sending it through bimmy is the only way I could reach him. I can't stand leaving ends untied, so both for my own peace of mind, and to express myself to others, I needed to do this. Maybe it's an empath thing, or probably, I'm not sure, since I don't know how other people feel, so I can only speak for myself.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Cheater. And here I thought you were a polyglot.

I agree with not leaving ends untied....bugs me as well. Though...why Thai?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Because that is where Anti is from. It's my way of paying my final respects to a leaving member.
I'll do yours in train/hermit/Audrey hater speak whenever you decide to leave...

EDIT:
As for being a cheater: did you see how that looked with all those scribbles/hieroglyphs? It would probably take me an entire lifetime to actually learn that. It's even worse than Japanese or Chinese, which at least makes some sense. But besides that, I already speak 5 languages, which is probably at least two more than most people on here, so as such, I'm still a polyglot.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

KarateLuigi

Anti-Matter's left, huh? I hardly know what's going on as I've mostly caught the odd, harmless post/comment of his (both as a lurker as well as after making an account) but I feel like something will be missing. I've never had anything to do with him personally but if any of you decides to contact him, could you please send him greetings and tell him I found his comments entertaining and wish him all the best, if it's no trouble? I'd really appreciate it.

Currently playing: ACNL, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Art Academy, Minecraft, Mario Tennis Aces
Sidegames: Super Kirby Clash, Overcooked 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Looking forward to: Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Swish
Hyped for: ACNH

BruceCM

While Google translate is pretty good, @ThanosReXXX .... It's not perfect! Hopefully, it's done a good enough job

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

HobbitGamer

Sucks that a regular is gone.
Back to my cave.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I sent him the letter. I’m just DMing with him on Instagram. I assume you were asking for his friend code so you two can play Sniper Elite III?

@NEStalgia - The food pics were great. You should see them on IG. If they’re homemade, he almost always captions them with, “Made it myself!” Haha. Classic. It’s worth a burner account just to check in with him once in a while. He’s unfettered there. Seems to have a nice group of friends and followers. He’s clearly king of DDR at the arcade in the Surabaya mall. I’m never disappointed when I scroll through his posts, though I haven’t been very active there in a while.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, only Anti-Matter will know, but I already mentioned that in the comment where I pasted this creaky translation, where I stated: "it's probably not 100% correct, but I'm hoping he gets the message".

As long as he gets the gist of it, then that's fine.

On a side note: there's several languages, mostly European and Latin-American ones, that Google Translate can actually transform into other languages quite correctly. It's mostly the more elaborate/complicated languages that get botched. Often due to grammar and/or multiple meanings for words, which might end up in out of context translations.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee No, for online Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive matches and that cute shooting and pants collecting game featuring booby anime girls...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

KarateLuigi

Random throw-in, autumn weather's starting to hit. The summer heat's gone, temperatures have dropped, it's perpetually overcast, it's windy, and it's been raining for several days now.

I love this so much!

Currently playing: ACNL, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Art Academy, Minecraft, Mario Tennis Aces

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Err, isn't Anti Indonesian, (with at least part Chinese ethnicity?) Either I missed discussion at one point that he's actually Thai living in Indonesia, or I still don't get why it's in Thai?

@bimmy-lee I've sworn off all the "Social" sites. IG, FB, MySpace, YourSpace, DeepSpace, darned kids mutters in corner

@ThanosReXXX Google claims that in the near future people won't need to learn languages anymore other than for entertainment, auto translation will be so perfect. Then i read something Google translates to/from Japanese and wonder why anyone listens to anything the creepy big brother company has to say.

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@KarateLuigi falls my favorite too. Perfect weather for Ghostbusters remastered! Picking up my copy Friday and cant wait to have the lights off and catch some ghouls.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX From his profile:
"Hi, i'm Indonesian. I'm from Surabaya, East Java. I'm a Librarian + Art teacher + Substitute teacher at a Primary School. I Love Nintendo so much, so I have a lot of Nintendo games. Sorry for my poor English considering of my first language is Indonesia language."

I'm really either missing something, or you need Google to translate that into Dutch?

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Also I just realized after going into his profile that he has his name in there. All this time talking to "Anti-Matter" and you just kind of picture this exotic foreign name you can't pronounce.

And his name is Dave...........

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Well, it'll probably get to that point eventually, @NEStalgia ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

So...

For all you curious and/or interested people, I decided to post the original, English version of my message to Anti-Matter, also so that all you multi-lingual intellectuals can compare it with the Thai version...

Hey Anti,

I heard you decided to leave the Nintendo Life community. Many of us consider this to be sad and unexpected news, and personally, I think it's sad that you decided not to take this experience of being banned twice and learn something from it to improve yourself, instead of choosing to run away.

The goal in life is always to become better at things and better as a person, in a way that both benefits yourself and other people, and in my honest opinion, you don't achieve that by simply stepping out of the discussion. Life is tough sometimes, but it is all about living and learning, not about being stubborn and sticking to ways that don't work to your advantage.

I don't know what it exactly was that you were banned for this time, but I can imagine that it was more or less for the same reasons as the previous ban, and that would mean that you haven't learned anything from the previous ban. I hope this is not entirely true, but ultimately, the end result stays the same.

Let me finish on a positive note: even though we did have our disagreements and discussions sometimes, I still consider you to be a good person, and I appreciate your creativity and as someone who also used to paint and draw myself, I also very much appreciate your sense of color, so my compliments for that, and I hope you will ultimately learn to keep whatever is causing you to continue to run into these problems in check, so that you can do better in the future.

You may also not want to permanently close the door on Nintendo Life. It's probably the most friendly and relaxed gaming community on the Internet, so I think you will potentially have even more problems on other sites because they are not nearly as friendly or social.

With what's currently happened, you may not feel that way, but once you've had the time to process it all,
you may find that this is absolutely true.

But regardless of what you will decide, I hope you will ultimately find happiness in life and I hope you will be okay.

Kind regards,

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee You might wanna send him this one as well, so that he knows what the botched Google Translate Thai one was actually supposed to say...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, really? My bad then. Never really felt the need to check his profile. My bad, then. See the above comment for the better safe than sorry measure that I already took...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Fortunately you posted the English version, because I don't think he's going to understand any more of that Thai blob than you or I do.....

NEStalgia

KarateLuigi

@NintendoByNature Ah, a person of good taste! I would raise my teacup to you if I knew how to bypass auto-formatting over here (I'm still pretty much a newbie and have yet to learn how to Nintendo Life).

I've always loved autumn for its delightfully refreshing weather and storms. I just love gale force winds, somehow I find this kind of weather really exciting and plain fun whether I'm indoors or outdoors. Who needs sunshine when you can instead be barely able to walk thanks to strong gusts? Helps that I'm just glad whenever summer's over, I don't deal well with heat. Honourable mention to spring for having nice transitional season weather, too, while offering the sight of nature waking up from its slumber. Always a joy to see.

I hope you'll have a blast btw! The next thing on my list would be Luigi's Mansion 3 but that one's still a few weeks away.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia So, now that we've established what his first name is, we should combine that with his main hobby, and as such, he shall henceforth be known to me as DDR Dave...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic