Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,241 to 34,260 of 96,298

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee well that's sad. He'll be missed on the site for sure, at least for me. I may have to play a nice boxing title or something in his honor. If you ever talk to him on Instagram( not sure how ig works, since im now a crotchety old man), tell him I wish him the best.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

Sad to see Anti go, I've come to expect seeing those posts of what he's playing over the weekend under the "what are you playing this weekend" talking point article. Was surprised when I didn't see it this past weekend. Hope he continues enjoying the games he likes, especially his DDR, and wish him well on where ever the future may take him.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee Thanks but I am sure this is NOT the end.
Actually when I said I hate I was waaay too harsh. I apologise.
I just strongly dislike his persona. This is more fitting than hate.

Edited on by Zuljaras

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Man, you were supposed to be in that post. I probably messed things up because I was trying to post pics for the first time, and also toggling back and forth on my phone between IG and NL to get his list and get him quoted properly. Annnnd also because I’m a crotchety old man who doesn’t alway technology properly.

@1UP_MARIO - Agreed man. It takes all types.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee That's sad news. Thanks for the pics!

@ThanosReXXX Oh I disdain absolutely everyone. (Old) Audrey just stood out as the "sings while slowly cutting people" type Her commentary often had a sadistic/bloodlust streak to it. Whether it was a running joke for her (probably (hopefully?)) or not, it's cemented in my mind as a running joke. Like it or not, it's a meme of her creation.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

LOL, I just realized notifications aren't working....so antdickens doesn't even get the notification that the notifications are broken. Hey mods, if you're chatting with him, may want to mention that.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia That explains it. We'll let him know. But I'm sure it's just part of the server transfer.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee That's really sad, and not the way how this should have played out at all. One of the most important things I belief in, is a healthy dose of self-reflection and the continuing ability/capability of being able to improve oneself, or at the very least uphold those traits that are beneficial to both yourself and others.

As mentioned previously, I always sensed in him an inability to learn or improve in that respect, or maybe we could even go so far as to say that it was even a strong refusal, because he himself apparently believed that he did nothing wrong, or didn't behave in a way that most would consider out of line.

So, apparently, instead of working on improving himself, he decided to walk away. I can definitely imagine him running into the same issues on just about every other website community, and Nintendo Life's community is actually one of the more friendly and relaxed ones that I've ever run into, so his problems are potentially only going to get bigger.

And that's a shame, because at the same time, I never thought of him as a bad person, and I appreciated his creativity, and as someone who also used to draw and paint, I also very much appreciated his sense of color and gradients, as evident in the character drawing you just posted.

Oh, well. Bad choice or not, it is his choice to make, so we have to respect that. Seeing as you're already in contact with him, Please be so kind as to send him this:

เฮ้ต่อต้าน

ฉันได้ยินว่าคุณตัดสินใจออกจากชุมชน Nintendo Life พวกเราหลายคนคิดว่านี่เป็นข่าวที่น่าเศร้าและไม่คาดคิดและโดยส่วนตัวฉันคิดว่ามันน่าเศร้าที่คุณตัดสินใจที่จะไม่ใช้ประสบการณ์นี้ในการถูกแบนสองครั้งและเรียนรู้บางสิ่งจากมันเพื่อปรับปรุงตัวเองแทนที่จะเลือกที่จะหนีไป

เป้าหมายในชีวิตคือการทำสิ่งต่างๆให้ดีขึ้นและดีขึ้นในฐานะที่เป็นประโยชน์ต่อตนเองและผู้อื่นและในความคิดเห็นที่ซื่อสัตย์ของฉันคุณไม่ได้รับสิ่งนั้นโดยเพียงแค่ก้าวออกจากการอภิปราย บางครั้งชีวิตก็ยาก แต่ทั้งหมดเกี่ยวกับการใช้ชีวิตและการเรียนรู้ไม่ใช่เกี่ยวกับการดื้อรั้นและยึดมั่นในวิธีที่ไม่ได้ผลดีกับคุณ

ฉันไม่รู้ว่าคุณถูกสั่งห้ามอะไรในเวลานี้
แต่ฉันสามารถจินตนาการได้ว่ามันมากหรือน้อยด้วยเหตุผลเดียวกันกับการแบนก่อนหน้าและนั่นหมายความว่าคุณไม่ได้เรียนรู้อะไรจากการแบนก่อนหน้า ฉันหวังว่านี่จะไม่เป็นจริงทั้งหมด แต่ท้ายที่สุดผลลัพธ์สุดท้ายยังคงเหมือนเดิม

ให้ฉันทำในสิ่งที่เป็นบวก: แม้ว่าเราจะมีความขัดแย้งและการอภิปรายของฉันในบางครั้งฉันก็ยังคิดว่าคุณเป็นคนดีและฉันซาบซึ้งในความคิดสร้างสรรค์ของคุณและในฐานะคนที่เคยวาดและวาดเอง ชื่นชมความรู้สึกของสีดังนั้นคำชมของฉันสำหรับสิ่งนั้นและฉันหวังว่าคุณจะเรียนรู้ที่จะรักษาทุกสิ่งที่เป็นสาเหตุให้คุณมีปัญหาเหล่านี้ภายใต้การควบคุมเพื่อที่คุณจะได้มีอนาคตที่ดีขึ้น

นอกจากนี้อย่าปิดประตูใน Nintendo Life มันอาจเป็นชุมชนเกมที่เป็นมิตรและผ่อนคลายที่สุดบนอินเทอร์เน็ตดังนั้นฉันคิดว่าคุณจะมีปัญหามากขึ้นในเว็บไซต์อื่น ๆ เพราะพวกเขาไม่ได้เป็นมิตรหรือสังคม

เนื่องจากสิ่งที่เกิดขึ้นในตอนนี้คุณอาจไม่รู้สึกอย่างนั้น แต่เมื่อคุณสามารถประมวลผลได้ทั้งหมดคุณจะพบว่านี่เป็นความจริงที่สมบูรณ์

ไม่ว่าคุณจะตัดสินใจด้วยวิธีใดฉันหวังว่าคุณจะพบความสุขในชีวิตและฉันหวังว่าคุณจะสบายดี

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,

ThanosReXXX

Much like his English, it's probably not 100% correct, but I hope he'll get the message regardless...

P.S.

And not to worry: it's only a friendly message.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Notifications aren't working? They work just fine on my end...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I did see some users @'ed me, but they didn't show up as notifications.

Octane

Eel

Yeah I’m not receiving notifications either, probably also related to the server migration issues, let’s just give the site some time to recover.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX You're literate in Indonesian?!?

sigh I'll miss his pics of food the most...

Huh, weird that notifications are working for some and not others....that's even weirder then. Yeah I haven't received a single notification since morning yesterday. Not from the forums nor the articles, and I've been @'ed numerous times, including all your @'s, but haven't had any notifications about them. ($20 says in 48 hours I'll get like 100 notifications all at once.)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

I wonder if the swear filter is sending mod notifications. We should "test" it in various articles and threads around the site.... @HobbitGamer I choose you!

....except you won't actually be notified you've been chosen....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@StableInvadeel Nuh uh, I nominated hobbit for it. Can't blame me!

@Octane Hey I just got the notification from that! It might be working again. Huh...so Thanos is literate in Thai? And why is he writing a message to Anti in Thai?

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Lols, @NEStalgia .... My notifications also still seem to work, so it must have been a little glitch or something

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

@NEStalgia Yeah, the notifications seem to work again!

And no, I think he's literate in Google Translate

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic