Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,941 to 33,960 of 96,320

BruceCM

Oh, I've seen more than enough of that, too, @Tyranexx .... Since I never got into Pokemon, I didn't get either game, though
Thanks so much for sharing that about cream pies, @ThanosReXXX

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

HobbitGamer

BruceCM wrote:

Thanks so much for sharing that about cream pies, @ThanosReXXX

I just died laughing. I'm gonna go lie down a bit.

@NEStalgia Wesley Crusher would be the space-age pest that runs around the Enterprise complaining about Pokemon. Then Worf would look at him, say "I choose you", and beam him into space.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BruceCM

Nah, @HobbitGamer; he'd be playing & somehow the Pokemon would take over the Enterprise Then, they'd spend the rest of the show trying to catch them & he'd somehow solve the problem

SW-4357-9287-0699

HobbitGamer

@BruceCM Ugh, you're probably right. And it would end with Data learning a lesson about how Humans like to capture and fight smaller creatures, but not each other because it's wrong. Then Q appears right before the cut and says "Prepare for trouble".

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BruceCM

Pretty much, @HobbitGamer ... Lols, we should write a new Star Trek series!

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

Wesley: "Oh, no thanks necessary, captain, it was actually really simple! Once I realized the Pokemon were using the EPS conduits to overload the transpolaric plasma converters to escape the hologrid, all I had to do was create a multiphasic pulse from the deflector dish to reverse the flow of antimatter in the duterium filters and send the resulting transphasic waves through the holoprojectors to introduce a Reanault-Kerensky effect to depolarize the grid, and the Pokemon would all reset back into their balls. It was nothing, really..."

Piccard: [strange stare, jaw starts forming the beginning of "Shut up, Wesley!"(TM)

Data: "Captain, if I may... I believe what Ensign Crusher is saying is: [head tilts to side] He has 'catched. them all.'

All: [Laughs]

[Cue outro music.]

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Wow, were you actually in the writing team, @NEStalgia ...? You'll help us do a new series?

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

@BruceCM Hah! I just watched it enough that I can glue together Trek boiler plate scripts in my sleep. I'm channeling my inner Brannon Braga....

Pretty sure Trek scripts were invented along side the movable block printing press.

I'd say if I actually were, I'd be a lot richer...but......probably not, actually, the writers were on strike for a year, after all...

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Heh, if our show is a success, we'll all be rich, @NEStalgia .... Anyone else want to help?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Woo my switch lite is finally here. Left it downloading all the important games.

Now I just need to wait for the accessories to get here to feel comfortable actually using it...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@StableInvadeel Don't you hate it when you you get the main part of your $200-$5,000 toy....but you can't do anything with it but look at it sit there because you're missing the $0.99 accessory that's required to actually use it correctly for a few more days?

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Haven't got any accessories with mine, @StableInvadeel .... Been playing it plenty! Screen protector & case, if you are taking it out, I suppose?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Yeah, I ordered the hori screen and system protector kit, and one of their carrying cases.

I just don't feel right using it without at least a screen protector. Because it's super dusty in here and basically the environment actively tries to scratch your screens.

@NEStalgia pretty much! I'm already risking it by taking it out of its box at all!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia You said it exactly right: you heard a train, but it has already passed the station, so we're moving on now...

@BruceCM You're very welcome. I knew you'd get it...
That's what you get when you live in Amsterdam, lots of things are completely unrestricted and uncensored over here. It's not exactly a cesspool, but at least over here, nobody would have lost any sleep over, or wouldn't have jumped into a hissy fit when a certain singer exposed a certain body part from another singer during the Super Bowl, and we're allowed to listen to songs as they're meant to be sung, all day long. No alternate version of Ceelo's "Forget You"...

@HobbitGamer So, have you recovered a bit, or are your sides still hurting?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

I had a coworker join the Legion of Switching. He bought the normal Switch along with Link's Awakening but said most of his time has been spent playing Tetris 99. XD

Soon, Tyranexx....Soon.

@HobbitGamer Mine is really breezing by too. The weird thing about Mondays (and why I usually pour more work time into them vs. the rest of the week) is that they generally go by fast.

@NEStalgia That is an EXTREMELY accurate assessment lol.

@BruceCM The only thing that comes to my mind related to the cream pie reference is from a certain scene from the DCAU Batman cartoons involving Harley Quinn. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

Tetris 99 is honestly super fun. I play at least a couple rounds almost every day. Honestly it's become my go-to quick session game. But it's easy to keep saying "just one more round".

I got some new cases for my Switch games. I never really liked the Hori cases, too brittle and too tight. I got these ones from a company I never heard of before called Kenntech. But the games are held in place with foam and the body is a much stronger, less brittle feeling plastic. It also claims to be waterproof, but I don't feel the need to test that.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 I’ve been playing a little Tetris almost every day since the challenge update. I’ve gotten better, and all the different themes have kept it fresh for me.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Oh, I see, you thought I was talking about Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Cream Pie snacks. Nope, just good old cream pies. Google it, I dare you.

In all seriousness, have you heard of/had sugar cream pie? They’re pretty common with the Dutch Amish in my parts. Maybe they originate in your adopted homeland? Could just be a peasant pie they started making here in the US as well. You’re right about UGG as well, you could say the entire point is to ruin people’s days by goosing them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Nice to see he's having fun with his Switch. Tetris 99 is a lot of fun, and honestly my favorite Battle Royale game. I've tried Fortnite, didn't enjoy playing it, and I did enjoy Apex Legends on PC for a bit before toxic teammates ruined the fun. Tetris 99 is one I enjoy coming back to from time to time.

I need to eventually pick up Link's Awakening, the Game Boy Color version is actually the first Zelda game I ever played and beaten. It holds a special place with me.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic