Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,941 to 33,960 of 34,029

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, you don't have to be so anal about it...

@NEStalgia A fitting purpose for HD Rumble, surely, and adding a completely new meaning to the word JoyCon.
Maybe a new idea for a triple X/adult version of 1-2 Switch...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Wait, WHAT??? The only time I ever spend that much money on game related stuff all at once, is when I buy a console.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BougieBeetle

bimmy-lee wrote:

@BougieBeetle - “Weak link” was an overly strong way to go about that, and not really what I meant. It’s just clear that SMB is a new experience for him, and it’s put you in the driver’s seat as far as delivering interesting information. I do enjoy that dynamic though. I was kind of under the assumption everyone has played SMB a few times. Even grandmas and babies. I agree though, Sonic would make a great series.

I'm sure Aaron played it a little when he was a kid, but certainly not obsessively like me! I already knew a lot of the information going into it, but I did quite a bit of research. I read David Scheff's Game Over in particular, as well as lots of Super Mario Wiki entries for the lore, lol.

The dynamic is sort of like the partnership between the play-by-play guy and the color commentary guy in sports announcing. It's something I've noticed other successful pods doing and it's a formula that I think works well!

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

gcunit

“...I put my Walkman on, I said I might as well brick it!”

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bimmy-lee

“First class, yo this is bad, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass...”

Edited on by bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Nah, it doesn't run at a smooth sixty frames

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer If ever there was a game that could have made Labo VR a thing, that was the missed chance right there.....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

"So I yelled to the cabby: yo homes, smell 'ya later!"

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Nah, that's just Japanese hentai weirdness. I meant a game in which you don't use the screen, other than as a tiny speaker/display to know when the off-screen game starts. And then just come up with adult versions of the various 1-2 Switch games on offer.

Waterproof silicone sleeves for the JoyCon controllers included in the package...

HobbitGamer

“His name is my name, too!”

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RedderRugfish

I played Mario Party 3 with my friend today, and DK (the computer) diddled himself. He had 76 coins and was right by the star, and he decided to use the item that lets you send any character to Game Guy, where they're forced to play a luck minigame with all their coins at stake. He chose himself, lost the minigame, lost all his coins, and ended the game with 0 stars and 0 coins.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

gcunit

@bimmy-lee @ThanosReXXX Lol, I started an inadvertent singsong there - my post was meant to be in the comments section of the Will Smith article

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit "Listen up boy(s), don't mean to bust your bubble.... "

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX "... the vidya-games of the world ain't nuthin but TROUBLE!"

Edited on by gcunit

Anti-Matter

Telephone is my favorite 1-2-Switch mini games. 😉

Sometimes i didn't really pay attention with the ringtone and i got a Dairy Queen. 😆

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Better replace "vidya-games" with console "fans"...

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Nah, I knew what you meant. Tbh I understand the modesty there; I'd be embarrassed too if someone wanted to frame one of my quotes. I don't know how the few people who are still living that have had their quotes forever cemented on the internet (both famous and infamous) live it down sometimes.

I just wear really dressy pants, or nice slacks. Very, VERY few occasions or events that I've ever attended require a dress or the like. Partially because I tend to avoid very formal events when I can....

@gcunit I totally understand your pain in regards to that DS article. Here I thought I was done with picking up DS and 3DS games for awhile after snapping up most of the ones that I wanted over the last few months, and then that feature just HAD to stir the pool again....

So far I've been able to resist the pull to buy anything as I do own most of the games I'm interested in from that list in one form or another, but a couple of them did catch my eye: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. I've never heard of the former, and a top ten list from The Completionist first alerted me of the latter's existence recently.

Edit: No comments at all in this thread since I last posted?! What is this, the Nintendo Zone?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), SteamWorld Heist (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I see your edit. What’s going on here? I should have to be catching up on eight pages of posts right now. I’m posting now to keep this thread from being archived. I’m kind of a hero in that regard.

@RedderRugfish - DK can be overly aggressive sometimes. His simian alpha drive can get the best of him. He’s not nearly as bad as his dad in this regard though.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic