Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,141 to 33,160 of 96,309

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Mobile DDR??? That sounds like a TERRIBLE idea!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Xenoblade will take over my life. Again. Of this I have no doubt.

bimmy-lee

Whew, been slammed with the kids back to school schedule. My free time has been minimal and late at night. I enjoyed the Direct when I finally got around to it. My must have list for the rest of the year is absurd. The last time I neeeeeded this many games was in the 90s. I really don’t think it’s preemptive to the competition. I think this is just how it is on Switch and it’s future iterations.

I can’t wait to finally play Demon’s Crest sometime tonight, either during or after the NFL game. It’s one I’ve always wanted to play, but just never made it happen. Of all my definite purchases over the next few months, Goose Game is somehow my most anticipated. It just looks so fun.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Lucarianzx

Hey quick question to all the brits out there. Do you guys actually like drink tea or is that a stereotype?

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Indeed. Some of these games can be real time sinks...

@Heavyarms55 I'm trying very hard to ignore it, since I still own the original. Don't know if I'm willing to double dip, although it's still some ways off from being released, so who knows...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Lucarianzx Well, seeing as all of us Americans are all gun-toting, mega-pickup truck driving cowboys, living on an exclusive diet of hamburgers, giant steaks with an XXXL side of fries and 1.5 liter cans of soda, the stereotype for British people must surely also be true...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Lucarianzx

@ThanosReXXX, don't forget Panera Bread or "Mexican" food. The best mexican food is found in small shops in the hoods of the city. I ate an empinanda in the Miami Hood and it was the best thing ever.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

bimmy-lee

I’ve been wondering, does everyone in Mexico eat Mexican food?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Ah, yes. And we always want the bottle with the worm or bug in it.
And let's not forget eating contests...

@bimmy-lee They sure do. They also all go and have a siesta in the middle of the day.
And since I moved from the States, I settled down in a nice windmill, where at the end of the day, I take off my wooden shoes, and fix myself a plate of Dutch cheese, while I stare out the window at my tulip field...

Tyranexx

Heh, gotta love stereotypes. If they were 100% fact, I'd be loaded to the teeth with firearms and pocketknives, chugging cans of beer and soda with my Big Mac, fries (complete with a gallon of ketchup), and XXL pumpkin spice shake off to the side. All while looping American Pie and Redneck Woman in my huge modified Ford F-350 outside of the nearest Golden Corral while recovering from my second heart attack and watching reruns of Friends and reality TV shows on my phone.

(Edit: I own or do very few of these things. XD)

@Sunsy I've never really heard of SimCopter. It sounds fun!

My elementary school 1-3rd grade classroom had an old Mac that we just called the "Apple computer" since the other machines in the room were Windows 95 or 98. I have no idea what model it was, but it only took floppy discs and had graphics reminiscent of an Atari 2600 (if memory serves).

@ThanosReXXX I think SimAnt's Quick Game and Sandbox mode were usually my options of choice. I never really figured out how to play the full game properly, though keep in mind that I was pretty young then lol. I liked that my ant was always reborn and would dig out my entire colony's map. Some crazy things happened in sandbox mode.

In terms of my preteen and high school years, the first two Rollercoaster Tycoon games, both Zoo Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon 2 (other tycoon games were thrown in too, but those were the best), and the Space Cadet pinball game that shipped with Windows XP.

@RedderRugfish Internet Archive has a MS-DOS library, so I get my PC nostalgia fix whenever it hits me with their in-browser emulators. In my last Oregon Trail Deluxe run, I think only Ma Derp died of snakebite or something. I just know it wasn't dysentery.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

I'm not quite sure that I'm talented enough to get onto the Food Network. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I was so sure that your stereotype list was also going to mention Mountain Dew. Goes to show what I know about the States nowadays...

As for SimAnt: I was never really any good at it either, but it kept on triggering me to play it. Honestly don't even remember why anymore, because even back then, it was one of the simplest looking games, graphically speaking, on the Amiga.

Oh, and in my case, Rollercoaster Tycoon was replaced by Bullfrog's brilliant Theme Park. Also played on that same home computer. Didn't have any serious PC to speak of back then.

HobbitGamer

And Ima south, so I don’t learned no gooder since pa took tha hoss away

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I can confirm that description is entirely inaccurate. Americans are also always blonde, mean and selfish.

@Anti-Matter Yeah it's their choice but it sounds terrible. Who is gonna pull out a DDR mat in some random public place and start playing, and how do you see the screen on the phone well enough to play when you're moving around like that?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic