Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,121 to 33,140 of 96,323

HobbitGamer

I’m at the office, is the system update live yet? Honestly I feel like crud after the past two weeks of going hard on that project, so my productivity will depend on the availability of SNES.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

Overwatch is kind of a "meh" revelation, only because it feels like that's been "over" forever. I remember Splatoon started sucking when Overwatch launched because half the player base moved on to Overwatch. That was a million years ago (and WiiU still had a "bright future" at the time.) By the time Splatoon 2 was out I recall everyone talking about how horrid and toxic the Overwatch community was, and I lost any shred of interest I ever had. It's probably going to be better on Switch just by virture of the player base not being the existing crowd. But still....

That was the only thing in the Direct that wasn't amazing though. Everything else, whether we knew about it or not was fantastic. XC is amazing, TMS#FE is amazing (I already played it, but am so tempted to double dip. Quite possibly my favorite RPG of all time. It was absurd and that made it wonderful. Plus great music.)

SNES controllers, I've been hoping for since last year, and they're finally USB rather than annoying Joycon rail mounts, which I strongly dislike about the NES controllers. Overall another bankrupting year.

I know Nintendo is just trying to milk Switch with all they've got before hype turns to Scarlett/PS5 next year, but it's still fantastic either way!

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Nice. I managed 7th this morning. When I realized my placement, everything started falling apart. Pile high or go home.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

I was very happy with the directs (Japan has a few exclusive games I'm going to snag) but I'm putting a hard stop on my budget. I have to take the JLPT so I gotta get the hotel funds and I still gotta focus on moving next year. Still miffed that they offered it at my alma matter AFTER I graduated (like two years after... ).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

The day that EA acquired Maxis was sad. I don't know how many of their SIM games (not the people SIMs, but many of the others) I played back in the day. SIM Ant, SIM Farm, SIM Town....

I caved for those two DS games. I'm officially reinstating my game embargo now. Starting by banning myself from Amazon. XD Besides those two and an outstanding preorder for a system I don't have, I should be set for awhile.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@RedderRugfish I'm one of the few people who hasn't played the original SIM City. I still like simulation games - Arceus knows how many hours I dumped into a ton of different SIM and Tycoon games over the years - but I just don't want to devote as much time to them like I used to. Especially when there are so many other games to play.

Most of the SIM games that I listed were available at my elementary school. I'd play those along with some decent edutainment games like various Carmen Sandiego games, Super Solvers (or whatever it was called), and the Oregon Trail series.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Tyranexx I remember playing the original SimCity on Mac. Such an old game too, I remember having to switch the monitor settings to either black and white (literally black and white, no grey shades), and 16 colors. I use to have SimCity 2000 on Mac as well.

Really fun time was SimCopter when the family got a Windows PC. There's a game I don't see mentioned often. The novelty of it was flying around cities you made in SimCity 2000 (IIRC, Mac saves could be moved over to Windows too).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Don't forget MySims, MySims Kingdom, MySims Party, My Sims Racing, MySims Agents and MySims Sky Heroes.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

I think GrumpyCat only plays MySims:PetSemetary now.

#MudStrongs

Eel

I bought My Sims Kingdom on the DS one time I found it super cheap.

It was almost as bad as The Sims 2 Pets (DS).

And that might be on my top three worst games of all time.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Over the years, I've tried a couple of Sim City games, but for whatever reason, they could never hold my attention for long, and I've always have been haunted by back logs and a larger variety of games that don't eat up that much time to play...

But I do have a connection with the Sim brand: waaaaay back in the Commodore Amiga days I did find the time and entertainment value in playing the Sim Ant and Sim Life games. Of course, I had much more time back then, because I was still in school and only working part time, and still living with my parents, so that frees up a lot of time that I just don't have anymore nowadays.

Later on, I got infected with the Settlers virus, and also Age of Empires, and almost anything that looked remotely like it. And I still do like these kinds of games, and I still have some of them installed on my PC.

I'm really hoping that they're never going to release The Settlers 10th Anniversary Edition on the Switch. That'll definitely be the end of any kind of social life for me...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Ah, the hours my friends and I spent on AoE II. And Unreal Tournament when we didn’t have time for hours of rts.

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

@StableInvadeel
I have My Sims (Wii & DS), MySims Kingdom (Wii & DS), MySims Party DS, MySims Racing Wii, MySims Agents DS.
But, only MySims Wii, MySims Kingdom Wii, MySims Party DS and MySims Agents DS were decent enough for me. Other MySims games were just mediocre.

I really really like their Chibi form and that's why i changed my drawing style to Chibi form since year 2009 when i got my Wii and MySims for the first time. But, it was so ironic to see MySims games were so kiddie and cute but their gameplay quality were so mediocre, lacks of features. Luckily, Portal Knights and Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2 were like the successor of MySims games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Lucarianzx

@Anti_Matter, I think that you will forever go down as the DDR master of Nintendolife.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

NintendoByNature

So what's up, anyone playing super Mario kart later tonight?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic