Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,081 to 33,100 of 34,024

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 actually i read recently pepsico is going to switch some portion of their water brands to cans, at least for distribution to certain markets like restaurants, because somehow recyclable aluminum is better for the environment than recyclable plastic. Makes no sense but there it is. So canned water is soon to be a thing here, too!

@NintendoByNature lead fittings, lead jacketing..... Suddenly this makes so much sense...

@Morpheel canned ham is the one thing i never understood. You open them and bake them in the oven. Exactly like a real ham except nasty and made of reconstituted pressed meat. It has no actual advantage beyond infinite shelf life.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia Actually that does make sense. Aluminum is a naturally occurring material. Plastic is something we manufacture. Aluminum doesn't really pollute anything too badly, but plastic can poison things pretty consistently. Though honestly, my guess would be that the environment comment is just a distraction and that the aluminum recycling is somehow cheaper. Maybe they have more facilities for it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Link-Hero

@NEStalgia
Technically, icicles are the perfect weapon to kill and then discard after using due to it melting away.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

bimmy-lee

@Link-Hero - You know what my friend, I trolled you, and I didn’t even mean to. Either that, or you’re almost too good at this game. I honestly thought you were joking about the frozen pizza bit. Thought it was a call back to when we talked about you eating raw ketchup. I don’t eat frozen pizzas frozen. I buy frozen pizzas and cook them. Then I burn the daylights out of my mouth because I can’t wait long enough for it to cool down. I just wanna eat the pizza.

Edit - One time I dropped an ice cube on my bare toe and it sliced me to a shocking degree. I probably could have gotten stitches.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - So high fructose corn syrup isn’t banned in the Netherlands? Or maybe it’s just okay at the American Food Store? That Big Americans pizza should come with a coupon for 10% off all bullets at Wal Mart. I’m really curious about these American themed boutiques. Is it serious, or kind of tongue in cheek/ironic? I’m actually laughing trying to imagine what makes food and fashion “American” as it seems like we eat everyone else’s food and try to dress European, then just call it American.

@Heavyarms55 - Years ago I happened upon a steel sheet of old, uncut Japanese cans for water. They were beautiful. They had a beach scene printed on them. I think the sheet had 16 cans printed on it. I think they were for a Hawaiian airline or something, it was hard to tell. It was an odd size, and I never got it framed. I ended up giving it to a friend who used it as a canvas for a painting. It made me really want to drink water from a steel can. I bet it could get so ice cold.

bimmy-lee

Tyranexx

Link-Hero wrote:

Technically, icicles are the perfect weapon to kill and then discard after using due to it melting away.

This reminds me of when I read The Lovely Bones in high school. Icicles as the perfect murder weapon are mentioned more than once.

I borrowed it from my school's library and read it to prep for watching the movie, but I never got to see it. Probably a good thing since a lot of things in the movie were changed to allow for a lower rating.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), SteamWorld Heist (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

StableInvadeel

I've had canned carbonated water, it does get very refreshing.

Romani Ranch enthusiast.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Link-Hero

@bimmy-lee
Wait, you were joking? I'm confused. You mentioned frozen pizza earlier a couple pages back and made it sound like you sometimes eat it that way.

Link-Hero

bimmy-lee

@Link-Hero - Yeah, I was joking, sorry. I was making a distinction earlier between pizza you buy at the store in the frozen food section and pizza you buy fresh from restaurants. When I replied directly to you about eating frozen pizza while it’s still frozen, I was joking.

bimmy-lee

Lucarianzx

Ok so the luck brits have a eshop sale (and splatoon's looking nice) and I have paypal balance, but the eshop doesn't show a paypal option? (I'm in the U.S.)

I don't like Monster Hunter.

Link-Hero

@bimmy-lee
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up. I sometimes have a really hard time distinguishing between joke and normal posts.

Link-Hero

HobbitGamer

@Link-Hero @bimmy-Lee I’d also like to take credit for using Confusion. My SpAtk is on point.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

It’s all good and kind of funny. Slightly reminiscent of the raw ketchup situation. I’m now considering actually eating a frozen pizza while it’s still frozen. I think I talked myself into it.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia wrote:

@Link-Hero ice daggers. The perfect ninja weapon....

Ice Dagger ?
That's my Mercury's weapon.
Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bimmy-lee

Was @Octane ever alive?

Hey @Anti-Matter , have you checked out Anarcute in the eShop? It seems like you would enjoy it. Looks a little like Wonderful 101, but with cute little animals. I know you like physical media, but I doubt this will ever be released on a card. It has a small discount in the NA eShop right now. I’m interested in it, but I’m not going to get it until it’s less than $10.

bimmy-lee

HobbitGamer

@Octane is Schrodinger's Mod.

@ThanosReXXX I almost downloaded Prime World, then I read about it. It's certainly not my type of game, so I doubt I could give an objective opinion to you. I'm absolute rubbish at tower defense games. It'd likely be something like;
"Even though the game has 'Prime' in the title, there's no Transformers to be found here. 4/10"

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Hm... Anarcute...
Looked very rebel, i'm not sure i want to consider it.
I will leave it til one year to see if there is a physical release.
At the same time, i have already considered this game lately after long time i knew that game still has no physical at first release.
Untitled
Yono = Elephant Zelda game

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic