Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,021 to 33,040 of 96,318

Tyranexx

I now declare this thread NL's group therapy thread! Tell us how y'all REALLY feel!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iKhan

Mini-rant for a moment:

So I'm in professional school right now. I love learning, I love school, and I love the people I've met here. But I'm getting real sick of not actually having weekends to myself. Nope, every weekend is just an opportunity to study or to do basic adulting.

There are so many games out this year I want to try. Astral Chain, Cuphead, Luigi's Mansion, Daemon X Machina, etc. And so many games I want to finish. But I hardly have any time to game anymore.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

SheldonRandoms

Finally found my Xbox 360 after so long (how it got into my parents room I'll never figure out), now this means I can play Sonic 06 again!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Heavyarms55

@SheldonRandoms My 360 died after being stored in my closet for a few years. I was never able to figure out why. There was no damage that I could find, but plugging it in and pressing the power button gives me nothing. Hope yours is working properly!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@iKhan Welcome to the rest of your life! Trust me, I understand how you feel but once you finish university unless you get one heck of a sweet job, you're likely to find that that is the new normal. I think I have a pretty sweet job myself but I still end up spending much of my weekend doing chores that I don't have time to, or am too tired to do during the work week. Laundry, dishes, trash, cleaning, etc... It never occurred to me when I was a kid at home just how much trash a single person could produce, but I feel like somehow I end up taking the trash out as much as we did when I was a kid - the difference being I live alone as opposed to with my parents. lol

iKhan

@Heavyarms55

Oh I still have the chores. I live in my own place away from my family, so laundry, car maintenance, cooking, etc. still has to get done. Plus I pretty much have the standard work week at this point, I just pay the school rather than getting paid, and I have to cram study time in.

When I talk to my high school and college friends who went straight to work, it genuinely seems like they at least have the ability to allocate some of their weekends to fun stuff.

I fully accept the responsibilities of adulthood, I’d just really like for there not to be the permanent task of “study for exams” on my list.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Heavyarms55

@iKhan It's generally true that you'll be busier in college in some ways because of studying, that's true. I actually had a part time job in uni as a security guard of sorts - working alone I just spent the night studying on my shift since I always worked the graveyard shift. Even in university there weren't many people coming and going between 3 and 7 in the morning.

On the bright side, generally when you finish university you will be able to get a better paying job than your friends who went right into the workforce. That's the idea anyway.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Heavyarms55

@Ninfan The Fable games are great RPGs and Halo 3 and Halo Reach are real solid FPS titles. Those are the Microsoft exclusive titles that I miss from the system. Many of the other popular 360 titles have been ported to other systems or were already on other systems.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

@SheldonRandoms what really really really good games can I get for Xbox 360

Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 😀
Dance Evolution (with Kinect) 😁

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Rare Replay, Mass Effect Trilogy, Fallout 3 & New Vegas. Now your 360 is complete.

So evacuations of Savannah are starting, and the interstate lanes are being reversed tomorrow all the way to my town, 50 miles away. My county EMA said hotels are already booked through Friday, and they opened the agricultural complex for evacuees too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Eh, I got ahead of myself. I could have sworn there was a collection on 360, must be thinking of the Sega collection.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer So, Dorian is coming to pay you a visit as well? I hope you're going to get out of it unscathed. Good luck.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Is your town under evacuation, or is everyone from Savannah flocking to your town? Be careful dude!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee @ThanosReXXX My town is projected to just get storms and wind. I’m far enough inland that I may get gusts up to 20-30mph, but that’s never been a bother before.
We’re the closest safe zone exit on the evac route for this one, so folks from three counties will be stopping in.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

Well, I'm working now and will be mowing later. That's why they call it Labor Day, amirite?

@HobbitGamer Good luck and Godspeed friend! While I'm glad that the storm is now missing some relatives of mine (West coast of FL), I'd hardly say the changed path is an improvement since it'll affect more states/people now.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic