Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,941 to 32,960 of 96,482

bimmy-lee

@gcunit - Friendly insults are an art form. I spent last weekend out of town with college friends, it’s what we did the entire time. I have to know someone to really insult them properly though. If we were sitting around having beers, we could slay each other, and it would be hilarious. I can’t just e-mail you a proper insult though. There’s no context. It wouldn’t be insulting or funny.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

RR529

@Heavyarms55, Joker (as well as the Superman & Batman reboots being helmed by JJ Abrams) aren't part of the DCEU, but any new movies featuring characters/actors already established in the DCEU (the new Wonder Woman & the Harley Quinn movie, Birds of Prey) will be. So it's still alive, but on a movie by movie basis.

It'll be interesting to see how Joker turns out, as rather than a typical blockbuster type film, it's being primed for Oscar considerations (it's currently doing the rounds at all of the film festivals, like Cannes & Venice, before it's public theatrical release).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

If it does well they'll probably try to glue it and its follow ups to the dceu

So enjoy it while it is its own thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Haha, yeah, sounds like something I can largely relate to. All I can say to that is: parents and modern technology, right?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

@NEStalgia Ok, even I think that's going a little too far.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

LuigibrineTheGreat

I don't know why, but I just now figured out what big gift I want for xmas this year: a hifi system.

One that can do AM/FM radio (I live in the states do no such thing as DAB or anything digital like that), CD changer, vinyl records, maybe a cassette deck but the quality of cassette decks these days is terrible.

I don't know why, but I suddenly want something like this....

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

NEStalgia

@Andrew_R_2000 Vinyl and cassettes? Hifi? Booy, is that going to cost you..... Time to sell a Lamborghini or two.....

NEStalgia

LuigibrineTheGreat

@NEStalgia No, no! Nothing fancy, just something with good enough sound quality and that plays in stereo. I actually found some system in a catalog that has all those features (3-CD changer, AM/FM radio, 33/45/78 vinyl player, dual cassette deck) for about $200. I wouldn't bet on the cassette deck being any good tho...

Also, I've NEVER played with vinyl yet and kinda want to.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

ThanosReXXX

@Andrew_R_2000 You don't "play" with vinyl, you cherish, treasure and enjoy it...

P.S.

Just kidding, obviously...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Andrew_R_2000 Ahh, I see. Usually when you here "Hi-Fi" you start adding zeroes. When you hear "vinyl" you add a few more zeroes. And when you hear "cassette" after those two words, you assume this is going all out the the tiniest details of retro formats because, no expense shall be spared. So it's more bout the experience than it is about "8-tracks have so much more resolution than modern CDs because the Nyquist Limt....etc.etc. "

Carry on then, and keep the Lambos.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

I'll definitely be checking out the new Joker movie. How can I ignore an interpretation, good or bad, of one of my favorite villains ever? DCAU Joker is still the best IMO.

@ThanosReXXX Some of it is the location in their case, although my dad in particular shouldn't probably touch anything too complex in the technology department. XD

@StableInvadeel

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Oh, snap !
I have fallen asleep on my bed again.
I was planning to play my DDR PS2 USA after finishing my chores (washing the plates).
Oh, well... I will play it again on Saturday.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

I survived!!!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Looking forward to a gaming session at the end of the week, but ending up too tired on a Friday night is a familiar feeling for me too. I've just been for a little run to wake me up, so hoping to get some gaming in now (so why am I on the internet!?)

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature yeah boiiiiii. Just picked it up. Last copy, and only cuz a person bought their preorder digital instead, and the store manager likes me as a customer lol

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer noice!!!! I only did the motorcycle opening scene so far. Going to play later tonight when the kids pass out

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic