Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,861 to 32,880 of 43,534

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit "Listen up boy(s), don't mean to bust your bubble.... "

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX "... the vidya-games of the world ain't nuthin but TROUBLE!"

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

Telephone is my favorite 1-2-Switch mini games. 😉

Sometimes i didn't really pay attention with the ringtone and i got a Dairy Queen. 😆

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Better replace "vidya-games" with console "fans"...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Nah, I knew what you meant. Tbh I understand the modesty there; I'd be embarrassed too if someone wanted to frame one of my quotes. I don't know how the few people who are still living that have had their quotes forever cemented on the internet (both famous and infamous) live it down sometimes.

I just wear really dressy pants, or nice slacks. Very, VERY few occasions or events that I've ever attended require a dress or the like. Partially because I tend to avoid very formal events when I can....

@gcunit I totally understand your pain in regards to that DS article. Here I thought I was done with picking up DS and 3DS games for awhile after snapping up most of the ones that I wanted over the last few months, and then that feature just HAD to stir the pool again....

So far I've been able to resist the pull to buy anything as I do own most of the games I'm interested in from that list in one form or another, but a couple of them did catch my eye: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. I've never heard of the former, and a top ten list from The Completionist first alerted me of the latter's existence recently.

Edit: No comments at all in this thread since I last posted?! What is this, the Nintendo Zone?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I see your edit. What’s going on here? I should have to be catching up on eight pages of posts right now. I’m posting now to keep this thread from being archived. I’m kind of a hero in that regard.

@RedderRugfish - DK can be overly aggressive sometimes. His simian alpha drive can get the best of him. He’s not nearly as bad as his dad in this regard though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx The answer to your question is simple: I finger-snapped around a dozen pages. Wouldn't want you to fall behind again as much as last time, so you're completely in sync with the rest of us now...

@bimmy-lee The Chit-Chat thread is forever, it cannot and will not be archived.

"Chit-Chat Aeternum"

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

gcunit

Gone for a camping trip today. As the designated 'man' of the house I guess I was in charge of packing the equipment side of things.

Since leaving home we've established that someone forgot to pack a table, a wind break, and... even one of the tents.

I have obviously shouldered 100% of the blame. What I haven't yet disclosed is that I may not quite have had my full mind on the job, what with being up until 2am exploring the depths of Hallownest

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Matthew010

@gcunit Just blame it on Hollow Knight! I'm sure everyone will understand! Just don't look at the forecasted weather for this weekend!

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

HobbitGamer

@gcunit Meh, as long as everyone has the same number of appendages when they return, job done.

Had to take kitteh to vet because he wasn’t himself. Turns out he had a high fever. Good now though, can’t say the same of my wallet.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Ugh. Thursday is crawling work-wise, but at least I'm getting stuff done. I have a busy evening between grocery shopping and food prep, but I should hopefully manage to shove in some Dragon Quest later.

@ThanosReXXX Ah, THAT explains it.... Thanks! You've saved me some reading.

I used to have the power to delete posts if needed elsewhere, a long time ago....

@bimmy-lee You are now dubbed the Anti-Archive Hero. Your nemeses shall be Sir Bump-A-Lot, Spam-O-Tron, and the Evil League of Friend Codes.

@HobbitGamer Hope Jack is doing okay! Any specified fever causes? 🐱

Edited on by Tyranexx

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx My Thursday is also suffering from time-dilation. Not so sure about the productivity here, though...
Jack is better, they gave him fluids and a shot for anti-inflammatory and fever. He was a bit livelier on the drive home (especially since I use a leash and not a carrier). There wasn't any specific cause, and there were no ut/gi issues, or anything averse in his bloodwork. His glucose was up, and not having eaten in at least 24 hours, that means he's getting a diet change to controlled amounts of wet food. He's a dumpster baby, so I doubt he'll care about the form more than the amount change. He's at home now while I finish up at the office, so he's Rocky's problem for a few hours more. Thanks for asking.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Huh? How so?

@Tyranexx You're welcome...
That deletion power of yours, work-related, or were you a web master/mod somewhere?

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Thanks for the update on Jack! I'm glad to know he's doing better. It seems kinda weird that there's no known cause to the fever, but I suppose a healthy kitty is better info in the grand scheme of things.

@ThanosReXXX I was a mod on a few different forums almost a decade ago now. (Dang, it's been that long?) Most were Pokemon, Digimon, or other anime-related sites. Their primary purposes were for role-playing, but there were boards for franchise-related discussions and miscellaneous stuff too. A lot of the rules were a lot like here in many respects.

Most people were usually fine, but there was the occasional inflammatory post or spam topic that needed obliterated. The chat box on one site I was on, due to the site's popularity at the time, needed some monitoring on occasion too.

Being a story mod on one of the sites was probably the best though. It wasn't quite at the rank of a normal mod, but crafting stories for one user's character or a group of characters was quite fun!

A lot of those sites were on invisionfree, so I'm fairly sure most if not all of them have been archived or deleted at this point.

Edited on by Tyranexx

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Apparently it’s not so uncommon. It’s classed as “fever of unknown origin” and 95% of cats can get it once and not need anything. But it changed his eating and drinking pretty quickly, so just in case. Now to resist the urge to buy a noise cat toy.

Also, @ThanosReXXX, take your heat wave back. I don’t want it. No take backs!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Anti-Matter

Oh, i found Monster Farm episode in Japanese voice + English subtitle.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bimmy-lee

My daughter has been working on a drawing of my wife as a surprise, and this evening she told me, “I hope mom loves this drawing so much, she gets a headache.” What a whacko. It seems like something Navin Johnson would say.

@ThanosReXXX - To infinity and beyond! I just checked, and this thread merged with a general discussion thread on August 22nd 2013, so it will soon notch another year in its infinite existence. I hope my kid’s kids post here some day. I’ll troll them.

@Tyranexx - I think I can handle Sir Bump-a-Lot and Spam-O-Tron, but I’m afraid I have nothing on the Evil League of Friend Code Sharing. There’s just too many of them, and they swarm.

@HobbitGamer - Glad to hear Jack is better. Vets and pet problems are awful. My dog just recently cleared up a skin infection on his front elbow. Two vet bills, but it had to be done.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer I still love how he's leash trained. You don't see that often!

It's probably a good thing I don't currently have a cat; I'd likely shower it with toys lol.

@bimmy-lee Easy fix; you just need a league or team of your own! If the Justice League Unlimited, X-Men, Avengers, etc. are to be taken by example anyway.

Your daughter sounds amazing. Kids say the darnedest things! Not sure if I would have been able to keep a straight face. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Thanks. Yeah, I’m always worried until the vet calls back. Rocky had to get heartworm treatment last year, it was rough on the poor pooch to be so restricted for weeks at a time. He got a false negative when he was a pup and it wasn’t till it was pretty bad that the infestation affected him. But he’s a lark now.

@Tyranexx it was mostly out of necessity. He has a bad habit of trying to jet out the front or back doors, so I figured if I got him used to a leash then I could let him have outdoor time when he gets too antsy. It seems to have helped.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic