Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,821 to 32,840 of 96,305

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX I suppose it felt funny to me since I am really so mild mannered. So its kinda a "you did what? Yeah right...wait really?!" sorta funny, but that is hard to convey via the internet. Meh, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (or really annoyed) right? Although that gif you put...geez I hope that was staged.

But if you want a funny one I once faceplanted into a glass door trying to chase the family dog for a bath. He slipped (my mom uses a LOT of starch when she irons so the floor is like glass) and was able to scramble out of the way but I tripped over him and face planted trying not to fall on him. Dog, didn't get a bath that night...my fricken eye popped out when that happened. I was so mad. Looking back I should be glad I didn't break my nose.

It was funny watching my rabbit test the door so that wouldn't happen to him years later.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama i love iwata, but.... He was actually very unable to deal with markets outside Japan... At all. The polar opposite of yamauchi. The naming, not understanding the wiis numbers and market. Wii did move a LOT of software. In that sense it was another nes. but while they successfully created a new market outside the industry (they intentionally went aside of) that didn't understand it was a temporary market.... They thought they created a whole new gaming industry all to themselves. Then Apple took it. And they were left in limbo, their old customers jaded and ignored, and no new customers. Switch finally fixed it.,. But mostly by recognizing their old customers are now a new market again, jaded by PSXbox younger focus.

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@Ryu_Niiyama Ugh, when I was taking classes in college I had a professor who had us record ourselves. It makes it harder for some people (like me) because sitting in front of a camera ads another layer of anxiety that can cause more mistakes. But it is a good way to catch your own mistakes.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish You got featured by Alex in that Overwatch video they put out and I almost died laughing!

Tyranexx

I'm off to the movies in a few. I still haven't seen the Lion King remake; I'm afraid it'll rotate out of my local theater soon. The original animated film is one of my favorite Disney movies.

Agreed that some of NL's articles did get pretty click-baity for awhile there, but they've fixed a lot of my issues there. I still miss Tom sometimes though....

@ThanosReXXX I generally trend towards more traditional, classic horror; I'm a huge Edgar Allen Poe fan, for example. I prefer horror that messes with your mind, makes your think, and/or has a good backstory behind it. Serial killer bloodbaths seem pointless to me - gore just for the sake of it - plus some of those protagonists totally deserve it for their sheer stupidity.

I should clarify, gore itself doesn't bother me. There just has to be a good reason for it.

I generally stick with monster movies when I watch new horror films these days.

@Anti-Matter Love it! I'd kinda like a BotW mod with that version of Link....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
If only Nintendo gave Link a Kickboxer outfits, i will immediately continue my long neglected BOTW so i can running around with Shirtless Kickboxer Link. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish It kinda did. I think that Persona theme Dynasty Warriors thing was what really turned a lot of people off.

Ninfan

Did anyone else register for Mario kart tour .wonder what city's they will go to ??

Ninfan

Ninfan

@bimmy-lee I bought a nintendo gamecube broadband adaptor from an American website
(Its an American gamecube broadband adaptor) do you know if it will work here I'm in ireland .

Ninfan

Ninfan

@gcunit will an American gamecube broadband adaptor work in britian ???

Ninfan

Heavyarms55

"It fired off the largest gun that it is possible to make given the physical laws of the universe" - has got to be one of the coolest things I've ever read. The aliens in this book found a way to deliberately trigger a neutron star's collapse into a black hole, creating a gamma ray burst. If you've never heard of that, gamma ray bursts are the single most energetic events that scientists have ever detected in the universe second only to the big bang itself. The ones we have detected in real life we detected in other galaxies and temporarily produced more light and energy that a normal star produces over the course of its entire lifespan and does so in an instant.

It doesn't get bigger than that without crossing out of sci-fi and into fantasy. Epic!

Tyranexx

So the movie was decent, but I think I prefer the animated version of The Lion King. I may be slightly biased since I've watched the original a few hundred times. I liked some of the changes, but I was VERY disappointed with Be Prepared....It felt watered down.

@Anti-Matter I mean, he's already shirtless....There isn't already gear in the game that at least comes close to kickboxer fantasies? (I'm one of the few people who hasn't played the game yet)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Man, before you could even type ā€œIā€™m sure you can relateā€, I was already relating. It was me and two brothers growing up, we also all had problems dealing with rage, and I was trying to cover up some sort of debacle well into my teens. I was also pretty truthful with my parents, but there were offenses so egregious and the truth so painful, we had to perform some sort of charade to cover it up.

Years ago I worked at a Firestone store selling tires. One day I was talking to a customer out at her car. I opened her car door to get an odometer reading, and somehow in the process of shutting the door, something hit me directly in my guy parts so hard that I couldnā€™t hide the pain. Right before I doubled over and made a sound similar to the first sound a baby calf makes after itā€™s born; I remember looking at her, and her lips were moving, but all I could hear was the ringing of pain in my ears. Doors man.

@Ryu_Niiyama (and @NEStalgia ) - Okay, I remember that time, I really must have blocked it out. The site did nosedive for a while there, but they were able to pull out of it. I cut them some slack as I just assumed they were flopping around for a while after Thomas left. Itā€™s tough to lose a pro of that caliber. It was always a treat to sit down with some spare time and a cup of coffee and read one of his reviews, features, or soapbox pieces.

I worked my way through about 45% of a journalism degree before I switched majors, and Iā€™ve worked freelance for newspapers and magazines. While this makes me far from an expert, I learned enough to know the only thing a journalist has is their word. Itā€™s their livelihood, and when someone attacks that; it must be defended at all costs. I did eventually skim some of the comments in the Astral Chain review, and I felt Damo and Ant were not only within their rights to defend the product, but they kind of had to. You just canā€™t allow someone to flippantly throw around the accusation of unethical journalism. Say what you want about the community response, but I feel Ant and Damo had no choice but to respond to that comment.

@Ninfan - I wish I could help you, but the Gamecube is the only Nintendo home console Iā€™ve never owned. I think I might be the single worst source on this in the entire NL community.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee I dunno, I can think of a worse source around here. But youā€™d want to contact Nintendo about that before one makes an assumption, troll. šŸ˜œ

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish It WAS such a let down.

Matthew010

Sorry for interrupting any conversations, but I recently started playing Ocarina of Time for the first time (the 3DS version). I was given Zelda's Letter, which I mapped to one of the buttons. I then made the mistake of mapping a mask to the same button and now the letter has disappeared from anywhere in my inventory. Is there anyway I can get this back and if not, do I need it later in the game?

Matthew010

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama That gif wasn't staged. I don't remember what it was originally called, but I labeled it "Mondays"...

On a side note: damn, woman, you've got some kind of dark sense of humor there. The first story made me feel sad, and this second story you offered, made me go oof! and ouch! Maybe if you'd see it on America's Funniest Videos, and cut off at the right moment (before the inevitable blood spray), it may have been somewhat funny, but still.

@Tyranexx Completely agreed on the kind of horror. I used to love British horror, and just about anything that Hammer Studios released. And agreed on "gore for a purpose".

By the way: there actually are some decent newer efforts of thinking man's horror movies, such as "Crimson Peak", which I watched a year or so ago. To prevent spoilers, I won't tell you anything about it, other than that it's a movie from 2015, in a kind of Victorian setting, probably as a nod to the oldies. It has a pretty decent story arc, and a good suspense build-up, and the end might actually surprise you, unless your detective/deductive skills for these kinds of movies are way above average...

@bimmy-lee But WHAT hit you in the c&b when you opened the car door? That's the mystery I'd like to get an answer to...

@Ninfan The answer to your question is yes. Accessories and console peripherals were almost never region-locked (except for the disk-system add-ons for the SNES/Famicom and N64), and seeing as a broadband adapter is nothing more than just a bog standard modem inside a plastic shell, it will work on any model GameCube.

Some more info here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamecube/comments/64jvfk/broadband_a...
And here, including an entire guide and FAQ:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gamecube/915781-gamecube/faqs/1...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic