Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,621 to 32,640 of 96,472

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish My Dad loved building model cars, which were pretty easy to damage - little things like mirrors and hood ornaments would easily be snapped off by something with a nerf gun. And to be fair, my Mom really liked collecting little glass nick nacks that probably wouldn't break from the nerf gun but would if knocked over or off a shelf. Of course when I was a kid I didn't really realize any of that. I just thought it was my father's usual strictness and my mother just just not being willing to bend the rules. lol

Also nerf guns are kinda pricey.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish The simple hand guns yeah, but as a kid I always saw the big rifle and machine gun ones on TV and that's what I wanted. Maybe if I had asked for the basic ones they'd have let me get one.

But I mean, there was this amazingly ridiculous double gatling gun that was like, as expensive as a new video game console back in 2001 that I remember seeing in Toys R Us and thinking was the coolest thing ever.

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish That beast is only 40 bucks?! Holy cow prices on these things have gone down! Although this one is much smaller than the one I remember. Quick Googling doesn't have any pictures but the thing was massive. It has to be over 15 years ago that it was in stores. I vaguely remember noticing it wasn't in stores anymore at some point.

Eel

Ok so for reasons that may very well be related to the constant blackouts, we had to replace our fridge, and I know I should be mad and stuff, but our new fridge has this cool mini door on the main door that opens like it’s its own fridge (it’s really just the usual shelves all fridges have on the door, but it’s arranged like it’s its own space) and it’s so stinking cute, like a tiny fridge on the fridge.

Making sandwiches and getting drinks will be 20% more efficient now.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@StableInvadeel You're still having blackout problems?! Where do you live dude? Is there a war going on there or something? From the sound of it, the infrastructure of your area is in really bad shape. How long has this been happening at this point? At least a month it sounds like.

DenDen

Speaking about arcades here in Utrecht we get a new one so Im very curious

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

TheAwesomeBowser

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I was posting from my phone at the time. Fixed it now, thanks for the heads up.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Thanks, spammy-lee...

@Tyranexx You're welcome. It was the least I could do, to help a fellow fries lover out.
And it was also a belated "return the favor" for the spicy meatball recipe...

Here's some additional info concerning making your own fries: of course you can put salt on them after frying, but you can also soak the raw potatoes in a pan of salted water for an hour or two, and then pour off into a sif and allow them to dry. You'll then have pre-salted potatoes to make fries from. Depending on the amount of salt used, you'll then only need to add the tiniest sprinkle of salt after frying, or none at all. Does take a bit of trial and error, though, seeing as the kind of potato you'll use also factors into the end result: some are more absorbent than others.

So, personally, I just sprinkle salt on them after frying. Too much of a fuss for me to pre-salt them and possibly ruining an entire batch of potatoes...

@TheAwesomeBowser Figured as much, thought it might be handy to let you know...

@StableInvadeel "Stinking cute"
Now those are two words you don't often see being combined into one single label.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Well, in the specific context of refrigerators, I'd rather have them not stinking.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

Anti-Matter wrote:

Here is your request Six Pack Wario. 😀🤣
Untitled

@Anti-Matter Fabulous! Terrific work, thank you
Now we just have to submit it to Nintendo and request they make a Wario's Workout game where you have to turn Wario into a buff dude.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

HobbitGamer

Even better, have a side story where you have to get Waluigi in shape because he keeps getting passed over for Smash matches.

We’ve got ourselves the next Switch Fit.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer wrote:

Even better, have a side story where you have to get Waluigi in shape because he keeps getting passed over for Smash matches.

We’ve got ourselves the next Switch Fit.

Interested with Six Pack Waluigi also ? 😉
And also Six Pack Boxing Mario & Luigi. 🤣🤣🤣
I got some ideas from their Mario Tennis Aces outfits.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Why stop there? Six pack baby Mario, six pack Yoshi, six pack Daisy... Six pack Birdo!

The packibilities are endless

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

Team GO Rocket were up to no good by the Pokestop at the jungle gym! Thankfully I was around and captured their Muk who came straight outta the Shadow Realm, so in a way, I was Captain America for about five minutes.
Untitled

@Anti-Matter The world needs MOAR six pack Waluigis. It's no wonder he's an assist, Waluigi would be too OP if he was allowed to use his full power on the battlefield!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx

StableInvadeel wrote:

(Insert comment about his lack of nipples here)

SNOOOOOOOOORRRRTTTT!

@ThanosReXXX I may try pre-salting at some point. That could get interesting though. I tend to use sea salt for a lot of stuff at home, and a little goes a long way in my experience.

I've also been buying sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes as I've developed quite a taste for them. I haven't experimented with frying them yet, but I'm sure the dynamics will change a little.

@HobbitGamer Most of those suggestions would be interesting, but...I'm not sure the world is ready for six-pack Birdo. XD

@Anti-Matter Love muscular Wario! That kind of reminds me of the art image you get in WarioWare Gold when Wario's amiibo is scanned:

Untitled

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

Am I being petty, being annoyed when the schedule at work changes, but no one tells me or updates the schedule on the board? How am I supposed to know? Why would I have any reason to assume it has changed with nothing to indicate it? Is it that hard to swap two magnetic labels on the board? Is it that hard to say "hey, first and second hour swapped!"?

In the end it's not a big deal, I get that, but it's annoying.

@Anti-Matter could you make a 6 pack Muk work? Or is that too absurd?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic