Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 96,503

GuSolarFlare

I have currently 3,507 posts here and over 400 hours played this year on my 3DS! 100 hours more than last year and here I was thinking I wasn't playing as much lately as I used to.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku wow.... over 1000 hours!?!?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

GuSolarFlare

I used to play this much in the past but lately I've been playing less and less(this year being the exception making me play more than the previous one ) in the end it's good because when I start at my job(next month) I won't have as much time to play...

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@CountWavula: Yeah I hear ya! I’m planning on going into making video games for a living - I already have my company set up! I don’t hear much of the “video games are a waste of time”, though, mostly because most of the people I converse with are gamers like me. It’s just like watching TV - and everyone does that. The only difference is that with video games, you’re significantly more involved with it. I don’t see how that’s a “waste of time”, especially when compared with sitting around watching TV. It's actually good for your brain - my Grandma plays video games on her PC, and she's still just as smart as she's ever been.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Ideal_Hero

@CountWavula - I've experienced similar situations as well. One time I was showing my friends my new 3DS. As one of my friends was looking at it, some random girl just shows up and starts yelling at me about owning a 3DS. Shes says that I'm too old for it and that I should grow up. Her reasoning was that I was wasting time just looking into a little glowing box. I commented that her statement reminded me of a cellphone. That really ticked her off, so she just cursed my 3DS to my face and left. My friends and I were understandably surprised at how much she flipped out.

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

sugarpixel

@Wonder_Ideal: That's... a bit weird... but yeah, how is it any different than staring at a smart phone or a TV or a computer all the time? And if you're playing video games on any of those devices, you're engaging your brain much more than if you were just reading/posting statuses or watching shows.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

people stopped telling me videogames are a waste of time when I started getting good grades at school without even studying(the secret is paying attention in the classes and always believing you can understand it if you try a little harder) I mean how could anyone say I was wasting my time if I was in the top of the class?(don't know if it works in the college, Computer Engineering is filled with some really weird nerds the kind that makes jokes about battery models and transistor types, it still creeps me out a little )

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

Oh! I think we've forgotten about the Pokémon for the last few pages! This is page #162?
Untitled

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku yeah it's like "that dude is so dumb he got the model whathever31 when the model whathever30 is better ROFL!" too nerd for my tastes....

my Backloggery

Ideal_Hero

@Gioku - Video games could easily fall into the same category as the things that you mentioned. As long as you keep things in moderation, I don't see why video games can't be a good hobby.
@CountWavula - There was something even stranger about the situation that I forgot to mention. The friend I was showing my 3DS to asked the girl if she thought XBox was bad because it was a video game system as well. She didn't think so because it was "totally different."
Untitled

sugarpixel

@Wonder_Ideal: Well, idk - because with Video Games, you're actively engaged. You have to be thinking, you have to have good hand-eye coordination. You have to have a high level of concentration. All of these things are good for your brain.

...and what a weird way of thinking on her part... the only real difference between Xbox and 3DS is one is stationary and connected to a TV, and the 3DS can be taken with you anywhere (and is also quite a bit smaller). They have different games, too... but that's beside the point... >.>

Edited on by sugarpixel

Ideal_Hero

@Gioku - When I said that video games could fall into the same category as the other things, I should have clarified and said they could all fall into electronic entertainment.
As for the XBox being "totally different," you summed up my thoughts exactly. It makes no sense.

sugarpixel

@CountWavula: Yeah, Indie definitely seems to be the cool thing to do nowadays, lol. I could almost be a one man team, but my programming skills are not the greatest ever (I'm not half bad either, though), and I cannot make any sort of music at all... but I'm a graphic artist/animator, and I have tons of game design ideas! So my ideal is a three-man-team, with me as the artist/designer, and maybe doing some of the programming, a dedicated programmer, and a musician. I think I could do some cool stuff with that!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Magikarp3

@Gioku I'm trying to get my head into composing, although I'm still trying to learn the ropes. If you ever end up making a project though, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at making the music

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic