Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,941 to 31,960 of 96,530

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Mine definitely do seem to be related to neck pain. They rarely last for more than a couple hours though, it's never gone on for an entire day, let alone more than one. But I do get them 2 or 3 times a week. Only had one in the last couple months I thought might have been a migraine.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - If you also have pain or tension in your neck associated with the headaches, I would recommend looking into myofascial massage/therapy. Even just a single session can be really beneficial. It’s brutal, but well worth it when you’re done.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Huh, I wouldn't even know where to start looking for that sort of thing around here. I'll have to figure out how to say "myofascial massage/therapy" in Japanese and ask my coworkers if they know anything about it. This is the exact kind of highly specific term I always end up not knowing. #notquitebilingual

Anyway, thanks for the advice. That would probably be better than just taking store brand pain killers every time.

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - It’s also called pressure point release. I think the basis of it is rooted in Eastern medicine. See if you can translate, “massage that makes you cry in agony”. Anything is better than swallowing a pill in my opinion.

Edit - I’m all about not relying on pharmaceuticals of any kind, but I know there are times they serve a purpose.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

I've been wondering where @Joeynator3000 was lurking. Glad you're feeling a little better! Can't say I've had to deal with that sort of thing - yet - but it's only a matter of time. XD

bimmy-lee wrote:

I’m all about not relying on pharmaceuticals of any kind, but I know there are times they serve a purpose.

Agreed. I'm not anti-meds or anti-vaxx or anything, but I'm a big believer of not pumping your body full of weird substances unless you absolutely need them; I find preventive substances okay however. I tend to avoid painkillers these days unless I can barely stand said pain. That usually means a killer headache, but they're thankfully much rarer than they used to be.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Oh yeah, I know the dangers of pills. My father died not from the cancer but from strokes caused by the noxious cocktail of meds he was on... Japanese pain kills are real basic stuff, they're hyper strict about them in this country. If/when I ever go back to the US I'll probably get stoned off of one dose of Tylenol by comparison.

Eel

Huh, so do I need a Bethesda account to play Youngblood? Edit: ok it seems you just skip that

Really wish the free version had some sort of test mode to try out the controls.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@Morpheel I saw you hopped on but I was in the middle of a mission and if I quit mid way thru I have to start all over again.

But, you can do your demo tomorrow if you'd like! I think I know how to invite people. I'm just not sure if it starts us at the behinning of the game or a random mission

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx and @Heavyarms55 - My wife is in integrative medicine and one of their mottos is, “treat the cause, not the symptom”. Painkillers are like band aids. Sometimes you need one, but it’s probably best to take seek help if you need a lot. This is lifestyle focused, so of course, if someone breaks their leg, or gets cancer; it’s not really going to help, but it definitely helps with understanding when your body is trying to tell you something. I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m lecturing, seems we have similar thoughts on the subject, so I thought I’d share.

Yeah Heavyarms, I guess it speaks to how nasty and difficult cancer can be that we treat it with radiation exposure and toxic pill cocktails which ravage the body. Sorry you had to see it. I’ve seen it. Makes me wish I was smart enough to come up with another way.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

Long time i don't post any comment on this thread.
I still have tonsillitis according to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. 🤢🤒
Even to swallow is still very painful.
Well... I entertained myself with my handhelds around me.
3DS, Switch, NDS can accompany me in sickness day, until i get cured.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Are you gonna have to get them removed?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I will never, ever understand the human aptitude for taking simple things and making them as complicated as possible, nor how the default behavior of collective human activity is always bureaucracy.

I'm also starting to think that America's biggest problem, is having ever let the Dutch in. It sounds like most of our worst organization decision ideas are mirrors of the Dutch. And NY, being one of the most messed up of all places in the US in that regard, started from the beginning, with a very large Dutch population.......... It's also the home of Tulip Mania.....of which the modern US stock market and business model seems to be a model of.

"Eindhoven, one of the other big cities over here, and famous for being the home town of electronics giant Philips"

Endhoven.....Philips....
Untitled

That read was interesting, but as with anything on Quora...it's...weird. Nothing is definitive, everything is some interpretative answer rather than using...you know...actual definitions And somehow it's a page of a bunch of systems analysts, technology executives, and software engineers, overwhelmingly from India and Pakistan answering questions as though authorities on all manner of topics far, far, far outside their field.... Which is pretty much EVERY question on Quora.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 But then how do they employ an army of hundreds of thousands of well paid Federal sloths qualified experts with abusive attitudes who can do minimum work for decades and collect large pensions and full benefits packages while threatening people that work all day and will get no pension, will never retire, will die at their jobs, and in turn will get "medical" insurance that covers up to 50% of their $3.6M asperin? I mean they can't even subversively use tax code to attack political enemies from within the shadows. What a backward island.

@bimmy-lee "Yeah Heavyarms, I guess it speaks to how nasty and difficult cancer can be that we treat it with radiation exposure and toxic pill cocktails which ravage the body. Sorry you had to see it. I’ve seen it. Makes me wish I was smart enough to come up with another way."

I'm not sure if it's a commentary on the disease or our primitive money driven medical system. there's always a million conspiracy theories...but some "hearsay" comes from more credible sources than others. Ultimately our medical system isn't designed to cure anything....treatment is a subscription forever....cures stop the cash cow. I've seen enough "hearsay" from sources that are a bit more than "hearsay" that it was already "cured" long ago....but that's not profitable. So they'll keep irradiating people in exchange for tens of thousands in insurance money a shot. Our medical system is more of a parasite that you have no choice but to play host to.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - I hear you in regard to the way we deal with big C, it seems insane, but I don’t know an alternative, I haven’t had to look for one. I can tell you that my wife books six to eight months out, and she’s a mid level. The doctors at her practice are a year out. All people looking to treat the cause and not put a bandage on the symptom. They’re all people who want off big pharm’s depressing treadmill. The resources are there for people who want this sort of help, it just takes patience and difficult dietary and lifestyle changes many people are unwilling to undergo.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Aaarghh!! My eyes! That picture! Kill it, kill it with fire!!

But yeah, that dreadful device indeed. And yet, they also gave us the compact disc, and other brilliant inventions, so for every miss they made, they also made far more good products, so I guess they're off the hook.
For now...

And yeah, the Dutch screwed up plenty of countries, back in those days. They've always been good with inventing rules and regulations (that are beneficial to the state), and with implementing them, confusing the heck out of the poor citizens with them. It even goes so far, that getting back money that you're entitled to, is buried under such an amount of paperwork to be filed and signed, that most people simply don't bother with it, meaning that, almost every year, at least a couple of hundred euros per person flows right back into the treasury...

As for your discussion with @bimmy-lee concerning medicine and treatment: I largely agree, but I do think we should tread carefully when discussing terminal diseases. I don't think that there's an active agenda going on with any medical society or foundation, to let people continue to suffer from these diseases, instead of actively seeking cures. Over here, there's a world-renowned cancer research institute (Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Institute), and since the 70's, they've made enormous progress in either slowing down, or even completely halting various kinds of cancer, so progress is absolutely being made, in that regard, and to the benefit of the patients, regardless of whether or not it will release them from the financial burden of (periodical and/or continued) treatment.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

I'll be heading on vacation with my family for about a week starting tomorrow. I'll keep half an eye on the site and the forums at times, but I likely won't be posting as much. I'll be spending a lot of time in a vehicle though, so who knows? XD

@bimmy-lee I agree; treat the cause, not the symptom.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Have a nice week, then. We'll probably be inclined to give you a short recap when you return,
to save you from having to scroll through the 12 to 20 pages that you'll miss out on...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX That would be much appreciated! XD I'm currently checking some topics here since I'm waiting to get called at an eye appointment.

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Hope you have a great vacation and get a nice break from the office. I’ve just started a four day weekend to celebrate my daughter’s birthday.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic