Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,901 to 31,920 of 32,931

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter The longest gap of time that I've went without using the Gamepad was about two months. In this case, I think the main thing is that it's starting to get to the tail end of its charge cycles. I've owned it for four years, after all.

It's still loads better than my original 3DS was before I swapped out the battery. There was a point where both the wireless and 3D were off, the brightness was set to low, and it would STILL only last about 20 minutes from a full charge on a standard 3DS game. XD

@bimmy-lee Depending on the game, the red light usually meant that I had a few minutes left. From your words, I wonder if they didn't indeed upgrade the battery (or at least the Gamepad's power consumption) at some point. The system I got was one of the bundles that shipped with Nintendo Land and Super Mario 3D World pre-installed.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun (post-game), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Do you think the official replacement battery for Wii U gamepad worthy enough ?
I haven't touched my Wii U for several months.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

RedderRugfish

NEStalgia wrote:

Eww, I hadn't heard that. That would be dreadful....a guaranteed self-destroying console.

That was very common with arcade boards. Store the game's decryption key in battery backed RAM. When that battery dies, bam, the game can't be decrypted, and your game is unplayable unless you send it in for repairs. Repairs that might not even be still offered at that point.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 I am now tempted to post a "take this" meme, with a picture of an automatic forum page upkeeper, so you can keep up to date with actuality, instead of responding to comments 5 or more pages back...

but i do everything retro style. i respond late to make it a retro response. gotta keep it real

bimmy-lee wrote:

Hey @ogo79 , you still doing that livestream for Games Done Slow where you’re playing all the Genesis Sonic games without ever running?

hahaha hell yeah man

HobbitGamer wrote:

@ogo79 Zorak, if you don’t stop doing that I’m going to blast Brak

try it and see what happens mr pineapple guy

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee "Five unexpected things"

Sounds like the title of a novel about a guy having a hard time managing his underlings at the office...

You didn't miss much, by the way. I was almost embarrassed about having recommended the match to you. The US team was really struggling against Spain, and only won with the greatest of efforts, and a healthy dose of luck. I sincerely hope their next match, against France, is going to be a hell of a whole lot better.

As for the Wii U GamePad discussion: mine also lasts well over 2 hours in general, so must be that they added better batteries to the later models. I bought the black Mario Kart 8 bundle.

ogo79 wrote:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 I am now tempted to post a "take this" meme, with a picture of an automatic forum page upkeeper, so you can keep up to date with actuality, instead of responding to comments 5 or more pages back...

but i do everything retro style. i respond late to make it a retro response. gotta keep it real

Aha. Well, in that case: as you were...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I'd charge the Gamepad first and see how long it lasts before deciding if you need a battery. If you notice that it's not lasting nearly as long as it used to, then it's time to get a new one.

The Nintendo website (US) still has them as of this writing, and I'm getting some hits elsewhere online; if I recall, your systems come from different regions, but some are from North America. As usual, just be careful if you are considering third-party batteries and do your homework before buying one.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun (post-game), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, a book or a sitcom. Three of those unexpected things were money making opportunities, so I won’t complain about the couple times I had to do other people’s jobs yesterday. I read about the match an hour after it ended. It certainly sounds like they needed a dicey ref call at the end to seal it. Hopefully that was the sports karma payback for over celebrating 13 goals, and they can play well the rest of the way.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

Have you guys ever made a character in a game so ridiciously over powered that it actually felt like you had enable "God-mode"?

I would say I am massively overleveled right now in SAO: Hollow Realization, but I'm not. There are tons of enemies at higher levels... and I am still just freaking one-shotting them! Enemy types that, earlier in the game were like good 5 minute fights are dropping in a single hit! Not the same enemies of course, obviously low level enemies would die like that. But the same type of tanky high HP enemies. It's fun and funny for all the wrong reasons. I'm having a blast but at the same time thinking "lol, why can I even do this?"

I love it! I love this game. The way you love a B-movie or a corny anime. Which is appropriate because it is based on a very corny anime. Like, it has all kinds of problems, but they are the right kind of enjoyable problems. Silly writing, game busting OP combos, the best kinds of cliches. Man, good times!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 I used to make over powered custom players in games like mvp or MLB the show , power and contact both 99. Just cracking hr's every other AB 😂

Edit:finishing the season with 93 hrs 234 rbi .874 BA

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
"Have you guys ever made a character in a game so ridiciously over powered that it actually felt like you had enable "God-mode"?"

My sibling had ever grinded Yuna FF X until All her parameter was 255. So, with her Nirvana staff, she could deal 99,999 damage from her Attack command (I was thinking Woow... Hulk Yuna! ) 🤣

Also, on FF X if you have Yojimbo, you can pay 2 win for real (if you lucky enough).
Just a little bit money and if he nodded , say hello to Zanmato for Instant victory. 😆

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

Oh, btw...
Untitled

My another PERFECT FULL COMBO from DDR A Arcade. 😎

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 I always do that in TES games. Morrowind & Oblivion both I had a massively overpowered Altmer mage that could pretty much just wave a hand and everything in visual range would explode in a ball of firey death....then heal myself while doing it....and in the case of my Morrowind mage....also levitate and fly from point to point, bypassing floors of tower-type dungeons. It felt like cheat mode...but it was an actual spell!

How's Hollow Realization btw? The only SA:O game I've tried is Fatal Bullet. The 5 minutes of gameplay I saw were fun...then it went into, seemingly, an hour of cutscenes and "walk around the city to talk to someone else" and every time I try it I end up not having enough time to get past that and to the next save point so I keep starting at the same point every time. I have Hallow Realization on PS4 (and one other) but I haven't looked into them yet.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Jimut123

I need a suggestion. Could you suggest me some games, which the moves can be predicted by just looking at the picture? Like for Pong, we cannot predict the moves by looking at the pictures, but for Dino game in Google chrome we can!

Could you suggest some games like that in NES.

Jimut123

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 After the addons came out, every run of Fallout 3 began with completing Operation Anchorage as early as possible so I could roam the wastes with an OP character sporting T51b and a Gauss Rifle.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Haha, yeah, it certainly did feel like karma. An actual, tough match to make them a bit more humble again. What could be seen at the end of it, was genuine happiness and relief, about still having made it, even though it most certainly was by the skin of their teeth.

And it was definitely a questionable, although understandable, ref call. The thing is, they're now playing with not just the main ref and two side-line refs, there's also three video refs, who constantly review and rewind every potentially missed foul, and they also have to power to question/recall a ref's initial decision, if they feel that the ref didn't make the right call, in which case, they have to come to the monitor themselves, to rewind and forward the footage in some kind of continuous loop, and from several camera angles, so they can also see and/or assess why the video ref disagrees with a decision, or called their attention to something they supposedly missed.

My sentiment about all that is that if you're a ref, and you're called to the monitor, to either re-assess your own judgment, or to see what you have apparently missed, then you must really have some kind of iron resolve, to not stray from your own, initial decision or point of view, so maybe not 9 out of 10 times, but certainly 7 or 8 times out of 10, they will ultimately go along with the video ref, because if there was apparently something to see, you'll eventually see it as well, if you keep winding the footage back and forth 20 or 30 times in a row...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Andrew_R_2000

I am kinda crying rn..... RIP Etika

Be yourself!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Replays and video refs seem like they make a lot of sense, but they completely ruin the flow of a game. There’s really nothing I dislike more in sports than stopping the game so we can watch someone watching a replay for minutes at a time. The NFL is going to allow coaches to challenge pass interference next season, with automatic review of a questionable play in the last two minutes of each half. It’s going to be a total disaster. Sports are played and officiated by humans. There will be errors, with or without replays.

bimmy-lee

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Completely agreed. And those continuously replayed moments are often times also taken out of context. Ever since this World Cup started, I've seen both sides of the coin, with penalties being discarded and acknowledged for next to no reason at all.

And to think that back in the day, all of us soccer fans were rooting and asking for video refs, so it's basically our own fault. Well, to be more exact: we wanted goal line technology in every match, and also cameras that were able to help a ref exclude any offside errors, but instead we got a completely camera-covered field, and a team of three video refs overseeing and dissecting literally every minute of the game.

Speaking of the game: just finished watching the Dutch team win their ticket to the quarter finals, and I'll be damned if it wasn't an EXACT copy of the match of the US team, with a really tough, grinding match against an almost unstoppable opponent, and one lucky penalty to get them the victory. And much like the US team, they were ever so happy and relieved to have dragged this victory away from the gates of Hell, because that's really how I see it. At least they admitted that they were under-performing. AGAIN.

I'm NOT happy with either the US or the Netherlands right now. The US is supposed to be the best team of the world right now, measured by current standings and data, and the Dutch are the reigning European champions, for crying out loud. And yet, save for a single good match by both teams, I'm still waiting for both of them to reach their full potential.

If they keep playing like this, then the US will lose it's next match against France this Friday, and the Dutch will lose their next match against Italy this Saturday. Here's hoping that both teams have now finally gotten their ultimate wake up call...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - NFL fans wanted replay as well. Then we immediately realized there’s a penalty on every play, we had opened pandora’s box, and there was no going back.

You know, there’s a special kind of sports malaise that can infect teams on top. The dog inside everyone is always out when we’re trying to reach the top. It gets more difficult to summon that dog when you get there though. Everyone is talking about how great you are, and you start to believe your pretty great. The pit bull becomes a pug, then one day the pug is out barking like a pit bull and what do you know... a real pit bull comes along and the pug gets bit. Greatness is measured by how you respond. Hopefully the US and Netherlands got that wake up call you mentioned.

bimmy-lee

HobbitGamer

I cooked tonight’s dinner yesterday so I could have a little more free time. Then I remembered I need to groom the dog and cat. I’ll see y’all in a bit. Gotta go find my chainmail.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic