Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,901 to 31,920 of 96,523

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, how many/how frequent of headaches would you have to have before you think it's time to go to the doctor?

@Morpheel That might be why it is going out. Could be the power grid is overloaded with people running the AC. Happened a few times in Michigan when I was a kid and we had a freak heat wave way above the average.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

I dunno, it's possible, but it usually only happens when a hurricane hits us. And it's usually not state-wide.

It's also worth mentioning that I live in the least-inhabited state of my country.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@Morpheel That might actually contribute to the problem though. Less people means less infrastructure and more room for problems if that more limited infrastructure fails...

Or it could be cyber terrorism. Which I only suggest as a half joke. Since I've read a few news articles about terrorists attempting such a thing. Everything is networked now. If someone could get in and pull the digital plug, it could cause millions of dollars in disruptions.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@RedderRugfish Which Goemon was it? I loved Mystical Ninja, and rented it so much my parents bought it. The music for Festival Castle still gets me pumped. I think I got 100% in that game, too.

@Heavyarms55 I rarely get headaches that aren’t obviously caused by allergies or lack of water, so I’m not a good judge of when you should get it checked out. That being said, usually if something is persistent for three days I get checked out. If you’ve got insurance, see if there’s a nurse phone line?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

Losing power is just awful, especially mid summer or winter. I immediately realize how reliant nearly every facet of my life is on electricity.

@RedderRugfish - If you don’t mind me asking, what is your new save backup device? I regularly play a couple games well known to corrupt their own save data, and I’m half expecting my off brand memory cards to fail on me sometime in the near future.

@Heavyarms55 - If it’s gone on for days, or it’s severe, get it checked out if you have the means. Don’t mess around when your brain hurts. I had one for years that bounced between dull pain and migraine, but I knew the source, so I didn’t have fear of the unknown. I got rid of it when I fixed my neck.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Probably a DexDrive. That's what I used in the day, anyway. I felt like a supreme being with my DexDrive and Gameshark Pro (the one with a serial port on it)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Cool, thanks! Looks like I can get one and a connection for a reasonable price on Big A. It’s even Prime.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

@Morpheel It's funny hearing the word "state" regarding Mexico. All of Mexico is about the size of one of our states Anything smaller here is just "counties." Or New Hampshire.

But yeah, power outages are the worst (any area here were Edison is the parent company of the power company is used to outages...... Publicly traded for-profit utilities should be banned. They routinely do the "minimum" to "patch" severe problems. They'll come out twice a week for a year doing makeshift patches until it breaks again 30 hours later until they finally do a full fix a months (or years) later. And transformers blow as routine here because they run 1970's equipment until it, literally, explodes. Sounds like a bomb for about 5 miles around. We seem to run in cycles, were it's almost never interrupted for a few years, and then cycles were you can't go a full 4 weeks without an outage, and sometimes it's multiple in a day or three. (That doesn't include the brownouts that happen with storms.)

NEStalgia

Eel

... Mexico is about three times larger than Texas. . Little known fact: Mexico is the short name, the full name of my county is something like “United States of Mexico”, so, states.

Anyway let’s hope the power outages tone it down today... I haven’t heard any explosions, but yes that has happened too. It’s always scary when one blows up.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@Morpheel I was exaggerating, but it's still kind of weird to hear "states" used in context of MX (or anywhere else really.) Especially since "states" is a butchered word here, where it's supposed to mean actual sovereign states, and the actual founding idea here was supposed to be actual sovereign member states of a union, but got butchered into being little more than political subdivisions (speaking of the Civil War the other day...)

That's interesting about the full name though, I don't believe I've ever heard of that previously.

NEStalgia

Eel

I'm sure there must be other countries with states. Somewhere.

And yeah we don't use it that much, probably because just "Mexico" is quite unique and recognizable enough.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Russia used states.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@RedderRugfish - Hmm, that is interesting. It sure doesn’t seem like a battery issue. I have the THQ wrestling games that glitch when you use a created wrestler in career mode. It’s been a while since I initiated it, but I believe that wipes save data all the way to the file I was using on the save card, so I always keep a master file. I’ve never had a problem re loading it though. As much as I love the 64, I will say that I’ve probably had more save trouble with it than any other Nintendo console.

I kinda forgot I’ve previously done some surface level reading about the Dex Drive and decided it wasn’t worth the limited use I’d have for it. Your reply reminded me of that. It’s cool to have the external capabilities at least if you have a lot of games and saves.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer USSR used states, and that was a more accurate use of states, as they were each "sovereign" states.....except they were generally forcibly held states.

I've never heard of Russia itself using states. With that much land it would make sense, but I haven't heard of that if so.

China on the other hand gets into so many titles for a given spot of land I don't know what you'd even call it. Their Provinces would be close to a state, but then there's like 3 levels of sub-jurisdiction below that. Exactly what you'd expect from a behemoth bureaucracy though.

NEStalgia

Eel

Well, here in Mexico each state is further subdivided into municipalities, and each one is more or less independent from one another.

I really had it easy with that in school, because my state has only 5 municipalities (the least in the country). Other states have hundreds!

Bloop.

Joeynator3000

....Well, the last few days were a living nightmare for me, I wasn't that active on the site in general. Had to take a bunch of random stomach medicine to clean myself out, most of it caused me to throw up. But it's FINALLY OVER WITH! I can have some normal food again! xD

...anyways I'm back, I'll be lurking and stuff as usual .>_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Hellz no, I can't spell or pronounce it...basically they needed to look in my colon....so...you know...THAT medicine. lol

EDIT: ...Yeah I wasn't clear on all of that, sorry. Yeah just had to deal with prep medicine so they can take a look inside. It....WASN'T FUN.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ThanosReXXX

(Carefully peeks from behind a slightly opened door, umbrella at the ready)

Are the stomach spray conversations over?
I really had to suppress some retching while reading that, and if some stranger did that to me, I'd have his head, once we got out of the ride. His next ride would be to the hospital. I'd only make exceptions for friends or family. Or for kids. Adults, not so much. They should know better.

Fortunately, I'd never find myself in such a situation, because other than the odd wild water ride, and things like the mine cart ride in Disney, which doesn't make loopings and corkscrews, you'll never find me in any roller-coaster. So, also quite fortunate, that I'll never have to show that side of myself.

As for the typical dad things discussion: I could add SO many instances to that, it isn't even funny anymore. Like the other examples, losing keys and glasses are standard fare, and a specific thing that my dad always needs help with, is the "mysteriously" disappearing weather widget, and some other apps, from the home page of his smart phone.

Something to keep in mind here, is that he lives alone, isn't exactly tech-savvy, and has hands the size of coal shovels.

I visit him every other week, or every week, depending on whether or not he's home or in his summer residence (small community garden house, which is a lot closer to my house than his actual house), and then I get to fix things for him again, because he has literally no idea how it always happens, and of course, he's absolutely sure that he didn't do anything wrong...

I tried discussing that with him once, but talking about his own ineptitude with devices like these, can only carry on for so long, before it starts to annoy and eventually anger him, so nowadays, I don't even bother anymore, especially since it doesn't even take a minute to fix things again, so I just do it anyway. And knowing that, regardless of his denial, he actually DOES know who's the real culprit here, is enough for me.

@NEStalgia Aren't states just basically the same thing as provinces or regions? In the Netherlands and Belgium they have provinces, in France provinces and regions, in England they have regions, and in Germany, they actually also have states, and I could name plenty of other examples from around the world, but all of them are more or less the same, so I'd assume the same goes for your side of the pond. States = regions = provinces. Well, by and large anyway.

And like in all other countries, the individual regions/states/provinces, obviously are autonomous to a certain extent, much like all the individual municipalities, cities and towns within those regions/states/provinces are, but in the end, all of them obviously fall under one, national government.

Besides, what would the use of a central government even be, if all of the separate regions/states/provinces would just be able to have some kind of complete autonomy, that may or may not go against that central government? That's what voting and elections are for. Don't agree with the government? Start voting and see to it that the representative that YOU want to see in the government is selected.

If each of the individual regions/states/provinces would always be completely sovereign, then entire countries would fall into chaos, because no law would ever be passed, and it's more than likely that hardly any of these states/regions/provinces would ever come to any agreement with the others, concerning things for the good of the entire country/nation.

P.S.

Just my view on things, not looking for another exchange of text walls. Luckily, politics aren't allowed on here, so this is as far as I'll go, concerning this topic. Just wanted to add my two cents.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic