Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,881 to 31,900 of 96,481

HobbitGamer

After using a weed eater, hedge trimmer, and manual pole saw for a few hours this morning, I found myself appreciating the split joycon feature anew.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RR529

@Tyranexx, I'm actually quite a germaphobe, so the whole "spray" thing on the Mamba really kinda freaked me out. If it was vomit, I only hope it's because they couldn't handle the ride, and not because they had a stomach virus.

Anyhow, I don't have much experience with other theme parks (though we've been to Silver Dollar City a few times, and Disney World once, when I was really young), but I've always enjoyed most of WoF's roller coasters (this is actually the first time I've been there in over 10 years as well). To give a quick guide:

Boomerang - Their only coaster I dislike. I just don't like how it feels to get whipped back when it goes in reverse.

Cosmic Coaster - the park's kiddie coaster. Haven't ridden it in years, but I liked it as a kid (though then it was known as the Wacky Worm).

Mamba - Nothing too fancy, but it's one of my favorites. Just a couple of really huge drops at the beginning, followed by a tight turn and a series of bunny hills. It's a fast and smooth ride though, and the big drops are always exhilarating.

Patriot - the park's inverted coaster. Really smooth ride with a lot of twists, loops, & corckscrews that really feels awsome. Almost like you're in a jet.

Prowler - the park's newest coaster (though even it turned 10 this year). It's a wooden coaster, and thus just has a good classic feel to it. It rattles you up pretty good though, lol.

Spinning Dragons - It's not a very big ride, but as the cars spin around while going along the bendy path it's a pretty unique ride (has a suprising amount of airtime at that). The only downside is that due to how few people can ride at a time, the line can get quite long, even on a slower day.

Timberwolf - another standard wooden coaster that offers a fun classic vibe, though it really jars you up at the end. This one has been around since the 80's, so I thought they were going to close it down sometime after Prowler opened up (especially since when I was young itallways seemed to be closed for maintenance), but apparently over the past few years they renovated the entire thing (and even gave it some new features), so it looks like it's here to stay after all.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

@RR529 I'm a bit of a germaphobe, but I wouldn't say I'm extreme. I'd likely seek out a restroom and wash the area(s) the unknown substance contaminated right after I was off the ride.

Thanks for the coaster rundown! Most of them minus the kiddie one sound quite fun. I've also been to Silver Dollar City more than once, but not since they were halfway finished with Outlaw Run (back in 2011 I think....).

I've hit a few theme parks in my day, but there are still plenty I'd like to get to. Both Universal Studios in Orlando and Cedar Point are on my bucket list, for example. The main things preventing me from accessing a lot of them are time and distance. I'd probably invest in a season pass to the closest theme park if it wasn't a two hour drive. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@RR529 - This whole spray situation sounds pretty awful. I’m with you, for your sake, I hope it was just someone shook up from the ride. Weird things can happen at amusement parks.

One time when I was young, I went to a King’s Island a few hours away from home with a group of friends. About a quarter of the way through the day, I decided to take a quick restroom break, and a catastrophic situation unfolded. I ended up with an old man’s urine on my leg, and down into my sock and shoe. I cleaned up my leg in the sink, threw the pee sock in the trash, hid the good sock and my shoes by a coaster, and staggered around barefoot for a while until I happened upon an arcade and saw a pair of cheap, foam, souvenir sandals at the prize counter. I then played skee ball until I had enough tickets to claim them, and spent the rest of the day in terrible souvenir flip flops.

We were about halfway home before I realized I had forgotten to grab my shoes and one single sock. I think I’d rather get a stranger’s urine on me as opposed to vomit, but it’s all terrible. Hope this news and a warm shower make you feel a little bit better.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

I've been to King's Island, though that was MANY years ago. It was back when they were owned by Paramount. I even got to ride the infamous Son Of Beast when it was still standing and still had the vertical loop. Dang was that one rough.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

KAI_MIDORIKAWA

Hey, so, I bought a Twin Famicom on eBay that said it had a new belt installed and was in excellent condition but while it was loading my Doki Doki Panic disk I tried to unfurl the controller cord from behind some other cords that were there, and so I picked up the system in the middle of it loading the disk. It keeps giving error 22. Is what I did the reason why it won't read disks? If so, what do I do? Thanks.

Eel

My dad just had a dad moment.

He wanted coffee for the friends who visited him this morning, and it's usually me or my mother who preare it. But he went for it.

Later he came to me very frustrated because the coffee machine had made a mess of water, he had followed all the steps, grind the beans, fill the measuring cup with water, put the water in the machine, place the cup in the machine, turn it on... But the water just went everywhere!

So, I go to the machine, and ask him to show me step by step to figure what was wrong.

He had this suddden moment of realization, something clicked. He was putting the water in the filter along with the coffee, not the tank.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

That is most excellent

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

Maybe he thought it was a pour over coffee maker, but then he still would have made a mistake not heating the water.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

My favorite dad moment was when mine couldn't find the TV remote.

It was in his shirt pocket.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx my dads dad moment is pretty much every single day. I threw my wife a surprise 30th on Saturday and the guy parked right in front of our house... DOH!

Side note; road block #3 in the last month for video games. playing bloodstained rotn and I've hit another final boss road block. I've been fighting it over and over for about 4.5-5 hours to this point and nothing. Can't be that under powered considering I've done ok with every boss up until now. Just wana finish the game already. I absolutely Loved it up until now. It's still great but I mean c'mon. Why the enormous difficulty spike? @Tyranexx said it best... it's the cursed edition

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Heh, that wasn't exactly what I meant when I called the game that, but I suppose it applies here.

Dad has definitely had more dad moments, but that one's the most memorable. There was another time when he accidentally left the house with it still in his shirt pocket, too. We didn't have a spare remote at the time and had to manually change the channel. XD

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx and apply it does. Cursed forever.

I Do stuff like that all the time. Looking for my keys while they're in my hand is pretty typical. There's just so much going on I forget everything

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Well, to be fair, I usually do the wallet-keys-phone mantra when I leave work and at other places to make sure I didn't forget anything. I had the briefest of freakout moments a little while back when I couldn't find my keys in my pockets....

I was driving my car.

Eel

@bimmy-lee nah as soon as he started showing me, he realized his mistake all by himself.

And yeah I'm asked to find the remote control at least once a week, and it's usually right next to them.

Talking about shirt pockets, he has accidentally stolen a few hotel room keys that way.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

bimmy-lee

Good ole dads. My own personal dad thing crept up on me when my kids were young and I was sleep deprived. I went through a bad stretch where I’d forget to take my wallet on a late night Walgreens, Target, or Babies R Us for some random emergency item that my kids wouldn’t sleep without or they’d need in the morning. It was awful, but those days are mostly over. I chumped myself so many times though.

@NintendoByNature - Just admit defeat today and come back with a fresh set of eyes tomorrow. It almost always works. If not... rage.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx I’ve had that moment with my keys, but with a twist. My truck allows you to remove the key once it’s started; the keys were in the passenger airbag switch, not 10 inches away from the steering column.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer What adds to it is because I have mislaid my main key set more than once. They've normally been found within a few minutes to an hour (Normally somewhere in my house, though once they migrated under the driver seat in my car), but I've definitely had some freak-outs lol. It isn't as bad now that I no longer have a physical work key (old job) on my keyring at least.

Eel

Sigh power's been going out for extended periods of time, it's been three times today already, and it's just so... Inconveniently warm right now... 😩

Apparently it's the whole state too, this is just bad all around.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic