Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,861 to 31,880 of 33,017

ThanosReXXX

Octane wrote:

I was in Amsterdam today. Saw many grumpy old men, what are the chances one of them was @ThanosReXXX?

@Octane Zero to none, since I look like an (ever so slightly overweight) middle-aged person, on the good side of middle-aged, wearing modern clothes and some cool shades...

@RedderRugfish Aha. It sounded like you were implying that I either started or furthered an argument, which I didn't, so I was wondering. The removed comment was from a user I've never even heard of before, and it was really weird and off-topic. Although: come to think of it, there actually isn't anything off-topic at all in this particular thread...

@bimmy-lee Ah, good to see that I'm not the only one getting the yellow light on the Wii U. It's supposed to indicate that something is updating, but I've never found out what the hell it actually did update. Initially, I'd browse through all my installed software, just to see if something had recently been changed/updated, but no such results, so nowadays, I simply just ignore it. I do still feel slightly annoyed about it, though...

HobbitGamer wrote:

@Octane All of them were Thanos 😛

Well, thanks ever so much for the moral support there, pineapple buddy...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Clickety clack, 7/11 is when we high/low The Messenger DLC. Hey, I feel like I sort of hard sold the WWE network yesterday, when actually I’m considering letting me subscription expire in October. It was an easy expense to justify when it launched, but now that I’m a family man; I don’t watch enough, and I’m usually disappointed with the overall show when I do. If you still have cable, AEW is starting on TNT this fall. I would watch that, but I cut the cord long ago. Smackdown is also coming to Fox on Friday nights around the same time. The WWE product is not at a place where I feel great paying for it right now.

@ThanosReXXX - Yeah, my yellow light comes on much more than I would expect. The speedy UI of the Switch has ruined me to the point that I can’t even fire up the WiiU to see what updated, especially since I know I’m probably not going to do anything about it. When I see it, I usually just check NL to see if the King of Cards update launched for Shovel Knight. The last time I played it was March 3rd, 2018. I finished BOTW a year from its launch, and then got a Switch shortly thereafter. I’ve only used it a few times since for select kid’s movies on Prime.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

Speaking of WiiU lights, did the blue "Home" light ever actually do anything for anyone? In the years I did use my WiiU I think I saw it work exactly once, when the update that enabled it arrived.....then I never saw it do anything ever again. It's still been plugged in all this time...no blue light ever.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee That long ago, huh? I'm not entirely sure what my last game on the Wii U was, although there's a pretty big chance that it was Darksiders Warmastered, since that's the last game that I bought for the Wii U, and I played it this year, although also quite a few months ago, so somewhere around March as well. Just not March 2018...

By the way: I don't know how you're day is going, and if you either have access to a TV, or can watch TV on your smart phone, but I strongly recommend you to watch the next match of the female American Soccer team. They are truly an entertaining team to watch, even if you don't understand all the specific rules and regulations of the sport itself.

The match starts in exactly 2 hours and 22 minutes from now. They're up against Spain, so I'm expecting it to become quite intense.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Don't know about any "Home" light, but on my Wii U, there's always a blue light on the console, when it's switched on.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I cant say the Switch changed my opinion of the WiiU because I enjoyed that machine, and that will never change, but for the time being; it has made me not want to go back. Time will probably change that when I eventually get a bit of nostalgia for it. That’s where I played BOTW, and I’m already getting a bit nostalgic for that game.

A good match at noon (my time), I should be able to watch an hour of it at least. Maybe more. Thanks for the notice. I’m a tiny bit turned off by the way the US women celebrated during the 13-0 romp of Thailand last round, but not enough to turn them heel in my opinion. I just felt like they should have calmed down on the celebrations after the seventh goal or so. It made me embarrassed. Didn’t feel like that was proper sportsmanship. I didn’t want them to take their foot off the gas pedal, I just wanted them to calm down the celebrations.

bimmy-lee

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, that was a lousy match, and lousy atmosphere, but the match after that was great, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy this one as well. Might even be that we can raise a virtual beer to toast to another win, afterwards...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX That probably answers my question. The 'Home" button on the GamePad has a blue light ring around it that was supposed to flash for notifications and such. But in all the years I've had the WiiU the only time that light ever seems to have been used was the notification of the update that added the OS update (2.0 was it? The first big E3 for WiiU.) Another unused feature of the sadly under-utilized WiiU.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, THAT blue light. I thought on the console itself, obviously. Well, to be honest, it doesn't really sound like anything even remotely useful, so far as I'm concerned, it doesn't sound like a huge loss.

But now that you've explained it, I also think that it may have been tied to the whole Miiverse thing, and seeing as that was canned, much like TVii, another thing that might possibly have used these notifications, there probably wasn't much need or useful purpose for that notification light.

1UP_MARIO

The blue light on the gamepad was used for the quick start menu, aswell as notifications like directs or new releases, dlc. I’m sure most Switched the feature off as it use to wake the game pad on for a while with it’s ringtone too

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

NEStalgia

@1UP_MARIO Hmm, interesting, I had it switched on, but I never had it light up, on 2 consoles in the house.

You're in the UK....I wonder if it could be by territory? I.E. could US region models have had it permanently disabled when it worked in the rest of the world? That's very curious.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - I’m US, and I’m pretty sure I turned off the blue notification light on the home button early on because it drained the 20 minute battery. Didn’t matter much though, the gamepad was dead or dying every single time I used it.

@ThanosReXXX - Cheers. Five unexpected things happened this morning, and I didn’t get to watch any of it.

bimmy-lee

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee The extended battery was the best thing that ever happened to the GamePad. I also used the charging cradle....man, I can't imagine a GamePad without it.

NEStalgia

1UP_MARIO

@NEStalgia I’m not 100% but I think I did leave it on. The last time I remember it flashed was with the breath of the wild dlc 2.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - I really wanted that extended life battery. By the time I realized it existed, it was long since sold out, and the second hand market was absurd. I played nearly all of BOTW tethered to a wall. Even with a full charge, that gamepad would make it about 30 minutes before the blinking red light of doom.

bimmy-lee

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee That's a really depressing thought, the WiiU was so unloved those batteries will be extinct. Then it becomes not only a tethered to the TV home console compared to hybrid switch, but the only console that still effectively uses a permanently wired controller

NEStalgia

Morpheel

Assuming the controller works at all without the battery...

Wasn't it made to require a battery installed or something?

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

Ill be firing up the Wii u tonight for some skyward sword..

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic