Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,841 to 31,860 of 96,481

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx A marathon? On Saturday? You're doing 6 days of work now?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@BougieBeetle Boozy carbonated water? Isn't that just beer or cider?

@rjejr Well, that sure looks artificial to me...
I was almost thinking the photo was missing one of the color filters. It's all very blueish.

@bimmy-lee Nah, I'm not that strict about it, but it sure isn't something that I'm willing to picture, so it was more of a "protecting myself from mental imagery" kinda thing. And it also kinda made me think of furries, another entire world of weird but not wonderful...

As for your sentiments on this here thread and its inhabitants: right back at'cha, my friend, right back at'cha.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

From what I've gleaned from the last few pages, desserts are amazing but have been shrinking (Obviously, but in my experience the stuff that doesn't come directly from a decent bakery or restaurant isn't worth it and is full of more preservatives than a dead relative), Anti has a sore throat (Boy do those suck), some here apparently worship bacon (I like it, but it's a bit overrated IMO), and I apparently need to explore the world of alcohol a bit more. XD I don't stock it normally but do intend to explore the world of beer a tad more. Good beers, not those nasty canned ones that a lot of people seem to like that smell like #1. I usually can't get past the smell.

I've also been meaning to try mead at some point, though I've heard mixed things about the taste.

@ThanosReXXX Saturday/tomorrow will just be a really busy day. I might shoehorn in about an hour of game time if I can get up and at 'em early enough, but the rest of the day, while decent, will be filled with a shopping trip and an anniversary celebration for some relatives in the evening. I'm sorely in need of some new shoes, should probably do some clothes shopping as they unfortunately don't shrink, and really want to stop by a decent bookstore for a change. I have to rely on online shopping for a lot of books and manga these days. There are no bookstores nearby anymore, and the selection that Walmart does have is quite pitiful.

If I'm home before 10 PM due to the distances involved, I'll be very surprised.

Sunday involves a family reunion for part of my dad's side and a busy morning before that noon deadline to be there.

@bimmy-lee I've found that recently, the forums overall are more sane than the article comment sections these days. But hey, glad to keep you entertained!

Edit: Is there a way we can frame Octoguy's quote from this thread?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx No, I never got it working in Excel. I may try in Access next week; I forgot that even existed. The whole idea was to have a report that can be launched by the Windows Task Scheduler without manual interaction. For example, I’ve designed a Crystal Report that displays patients missing insurance data. I can have WTS launch my Crystal Report, but it doesn’t refresh and populate data until the user hits refresh and enters ODBC credentials.
All of this work around is because IT won’t give me access to build screen widgets for our EMR. I have an SQL query that populates in under 3 seconds, but the IT director doesn’t like me. Meh whatever, I’m venting.
TLDR; I fiddle because I have to. 😑

I enjoy all you ChitterChatters

I played some Mario Kart online and got thrashed! I think I’ll play something else in a few after I put dishes away. Maybe Hyrule Warriors and a cheesy movie.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rjejr

@NEStalgia You need to lower your taste expectations, trying eating like Peg Bundy for awhile.
Untitled

@ThanosReXXX Instagram sucks, and sucks me in w/ all the filters. It was really good though.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Anti-Matter

Morning.... 😥
My sore throat still made me pain when i swallowed my breakfast this morning.
Is it me or my body started to feel heavy like i got fever symptom after i got sore throat ?

Anti-Matter

BougieBeetle

@ThanosReXXX Yeah it's like La Croix or what have you but boozy. Pretty all right to drink on, actually.

@bimmy-lee There have been long periods where I swore of spiced rum for similar reasons, but when push comes to shove, I just can't say no to the ol' Captain!

And although I haven't been here very long, y'all seem super chill!

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Better hope it’s not strep. Maybe get checked out Monday if symptoms stay.

@BougieBeetle I could make a nice Mint Julep in the day with some La Croix or Pelligrino

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Late

Well, I woke up today with Luke Atmey's theme (Ace Attorney) playing in my head. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing...

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, I see. Well, I feel glad and honored that you were still able to squeeze us all in.

@rjejr Look at you, becoming a full-blown social media wizard...

@BougieBeetle Hm, that also sounds like a good summer drink, then.

@HobbitGamer If the IT director continues to give you crap, you should send him some ransomware.
That'll teach him...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

We finally started Dream Daddy last night and... we had a lot of fun. It’s a lot more interactive than the standard conversation tree games. It’s also funny and quite sweet. You get to make choices on how you play it, and it seems the dates can be more like play dates with other single dads and their daughters if you so choose, but that’s not how we’re playing it. At any rate, not trying to sell anyone on it, but I thought I’d relay our experience so far.

@HobbitGamer - I’ll have four mint juleps please. One of my all time favorite mixed drinks, but it seems like nobody serves them North of the Mason Dixon line. I have some some great memories of hanging out on Beale Street, beating the heat with a cold, refreshing julep.

@ThanosReXXX - Late reply from last night. I know you’re far too empathetic to harbor blanket opinions about large groups of people. Sorry if it seemed I implied otherwise.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee No need for that, my friend. I never interpreted it as such.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I like to bombard the system with ‘legitimate’ queries all at once when he aggravates me. Deleting my offline email cache, then syncing it again. Put a “GoTo 10” type loop in a report and run it. Open 15 charts at once. Login from desktop and laptop simultaneously and fetch large data on both. Move share drive folders back and forth in excess of 2g. Send an agency-wide email and then immediately recall it.
Hypothetically speaking, of course.

@bimmy-lee You’d think they’d be anywhere that has warm seasons. Maybe it was mostly a southern debutante drink thing.

#MudStrongs

Eel

Mental note for grinding coffee:

Adding cinnamon to the coffee in the grinder is good.

Adding too much cinnamon to the coffee in the grinder is bad.

I might as well call this cinnamon tea. Bleh.

Edit: though I guess if you want a strong cinnamon tea, using the coffee grinder and a coffee machine is a valid way to get it

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer That also sounds like a fun pass time. Well, for you at least, not for him...
Make it a GoTo 50 loop, though, and you'll have earned my undying respect.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - You would think that, it’s the first thing I look for on a drink menu. The only places I’ve found them traveling in the S/SE, and weirdly, there was a soul food place in Portland that served them as a signature cocktail. It’s hot for one week there. It’s all circumstantial, but I seek them and never find them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

Whew! Still not done with my busy day - on the way to an anniversary celebration at a winery right now (A fact I'll be taking some advantage of.... ) - but I at least have some phone time now. I'm finally not driving for a change. XD

@HobbitGamer It's a shame that IT won't give you the access you need to make things less convoluted. Is there a formal reason along with the director being a Basscat, or is that more or less the sole reason?

In the meantime, keep it up with the wonderful subtle trolling. XD

@ThanosReXXX I try to sweep the forums here at least once daily. When normally depends on what I have going on and how fast I get through my news feed.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx It’s pretty much the sole reason. One of those folks that assumes someone else can’t think ahead or know what they’re doing. Very much a “This is solely my domain of knowledge” personality. Blegh

Enjoy the winery!!

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Soldiering on, regardless of other obligations. You have my sincerest respect, ma'am.

P.S.

A Basscat? I think I'm up for a dictionary update...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic