Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,681 to 31,700 of 96,319

Laoak

I think people are overthinkig the Nintendo Sphere concept and NO I don't think Nintendo of America will look at the thread, hire all of you and persuade Nintendo of Japan to make it. Still, its fun to make up cool concepts even if they have parts that are silly

{funny quote here}

bimmy-lee

@LetsGoSwitch - I’m positive Nintendo will see it and hire all of us. Think BIG!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

Happy Hump Day! I REALLY can't wait to head on vacation in about a week....Work has been kinda slow.

By the way, has anyone here ever tried ordering from Amazon Japan? Do you need to set up a new account to order from other countries? Do they take most credit cards?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia No, I generally was already following this site from about late 2016 - think I made my account right around January 2017ish. I found it back when the Switch was just a vague rumor. And trust me, even the worst arguments on this site pale in comparison to most things I saw on social media. The mods here do a good job of shutting down most of the nasty stuff. No one on this site is regularly calling for mass deportation or murder of Xbox players. No one is arguing that Sony fans are devil worshippers. Pretty sure no one is suggesting we need to cull Sega fans for the purity of the gaming population... etc.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx They do take most common international credit cards. I was going to dispute what @RedderRugfish said but then it occurred to me that I have only ever used Amazon Japan to send things from Japan. Since I live in Japan. So maybe that's why I have never run into those fees he is talking about.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Tyranexx

@RedderRugfish I see....What about PlayAsia? There are a couple of games I'm wanting to grab before they fade out of print.

@Heavyarms55 Heh, that could be. Thanks for answering the credit card question! I sorta guessed they'd take most big-name cards but didn't know for sure. This will be a first for me.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx You might want to double check with your card company first and make sure they don't have any extravagant fees for international purchases then. Also be aware that if you have never purchased from overseas your company might think it is fraud and lock out your card until you tell them "no hey, this is me, it's fine"

Tyranexx

@RedderRugfish ...Seems like I still have some research in terms of options to do then. Thanks!

@Heavyarms55 Good point. More homework to do! XD An offhand search on the card that I do online purchases with seems to indicate that there may be some fees involved, but nothing too extravagant.... 🤔

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I mean, to be fair, these days it isn't very common. Especially with big name cards. But sometimes it still pops up. When I first did study abroad about 7 years ago that was one thing they warned us about. Don't want to buy something and then get slammed with a 100 dollar international transaction fee. Or to buy something and then the next day find your card not working.

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Oh, I'll absolutely take your word for them coming home smelling like all kinds of "hospitaly" odors, but still, if they were/are the kinds of doctors that save lives, then they shouldn't have had anything to do with preservatives like formaldehyde, unless it was in their training years, much like my ex-girlfriend.

Oh, and let's forego the whole death smells topic. I don't want any part of it.
Talk to @HobbitGamer, he started it.

On a side note: and what's up with turning everything into secret code for alcohol?

@bimmy-lee What exactly is an abnormal amount of use for gym shoes? I'd normally say you just use them until they either don't fit anymore, or until their worn to their threads.

Oh, and this is one of the few times that I agree with @Anti-Matter: that Mini console thread has got to die, and the idiot who initially just kept on making new mini console threads needs to be banned. He's not only delusional, but also a grammatical nightmare. And besides: wouldn't having fun with that actually constitute trolling? Do not do unto others, and all that kinda stuff...

@NEStalgia Well, yeah. CBD oils are made from cannabis extracts, so even though CBD is legal, it was an obvious link on my part to the other oils also made with cannabis that aren't legal, hence me putting it in quotes.

@Tyranexx I'll just add my two cents on your earlier question to others: PlayAsia is perfectly reliable. I've ordered stuff from them a couple of times before, and it always arrived in perfect condition, and there were never any issues with payment and/or delivery.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 you must have missed my solution for CDi lover purification.

Actually, come to think of it, it's time to start a Stadia player pacification program...... Who's with me?

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

If they’re not business shoes, I wear ‘em till the soles give out. Good to always have a ragged looking pair of kicks to wear when doing yard or auto work.

Oh and I’m going to download Prime World in a few moments so I don’t keep forgetting. Probably won’t get to playing it until the weekend though. I’m in a Red Faction/Tetris 99/Picross loop this week.

I really need to work on my MM2 pineapple level at some point, too.

Oh, and I’m always down for player pacification. Did we decide where to order pacifiers from yet?

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia There are Stadia players?

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I developed a shoe method some time ago. I’ll lay it out. Its worked for me. I’m function over fashion. A pair of Docs for fall, winter, and early spring. Change them out every seven to eight years. A pair of Nikes for late spring and summer. These I beat up properly and try to get two seasons out of them. A pair of dress shoes that can last indefinitely. When I replace the boots and gym shoes, I keep the used pair on hand for labor situations as Hobbit mentioned. Starters and a bench. To answer your question, a good pair of sneakers under heavy use; I would recommend changing them out every 18-24 months. They’re probably getting pretty broke down and funky by the 18 month mark though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 They're good rules of thumb that I'm glad you mentioned. For some reason I've only ever considered currency differences and fees when actually traveling abroad as it's something I'd like to eventually do. Not so much when buying online.

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for your input! From what I'm finding so far, PlayAsia does indeed seem reliable. A nice thing I've found too (unless this info is antiquated) is that parcels of video games worth under $200 aren't slapped with a customs fee here.

I'm still weighing my options and doing price comparisons. I may hold off on actually buying anything until I'm back from vacation in a couple of weeks.

NintendoByNature

Piggy backing off @anti-matter..Theres been some odd posting going on in the forums lately. I don't want to call anyone out by name but im sure you'll know who I'm referring to. A younger user ( new to the site), somehow managed to nail down an obscure nes game I would've never guessed for someone asking what the game was. Granted, I don't know every nes game but I had my fair share of nes titles I've been face to face with. I'd leave it at that, But how can you get that correct and not know certain things like, I dk.. what an sd card is or, if mine craft is on Xbox. I'm not trying to be a jerk and you guys may think I am for saying this. But i just found it strange to say the least

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature That's an interesting point. Pretty sure I know who you are talking about. Said user could have just gotten lucky though.

Eel

We once had an user pretending to be their [quirky sexy lol XD teenage gamer gurl] daughter just to have someone to agree with them.

And we also have Hideo Kohima himself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Meh, whatever floats a boat. You could all be constructs in my mind for all I really know.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic