Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,501 to 31,520 of 96,473

ThanosReXXX

@Grisinblue Yeah... as a Star Wars fan, I'm also kinda worried about that. In and of themselves, the movies can still be entertaining, but it does indeed seem like there's no (clear) over-arching story line. Or at least not yet.

I was gonna mention that Shang-Chi movie, by the way, but I forgot.
One has to wonder how they're gonna do that: totally ignore the fake Mandarin story, or somehow casually refer back to it, to tie the older Marvel movies in with the next phase. Guess we'll find out next year...
Meanwhile, it has just been announced that Avengers Endgame is the highest grossing movie ever, now already surpassing 800 million euros/dollars. I guess Marvel is doing just fine...

@Tyranexx Thank you ever so much, ma'am, for inadvertently having solved this little riddle I was struggling with, and nobody wanted to help me with...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Mulan live action by Disney due to 20 March 2020.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Luna_110 Having grown up with the Star Wars books, comics and games, I can't stand anything from the new "canon". It feels like a boring bland underdeveloped snooze fest with admittedly very nice CG and special effects. I get that the old Expanded Universe has some serious misses, but they were the outliers, not the norm. The Thrawn Trilogy will forever be the true sequels for me. And I will always love the X-Wing novels, the NJO books, iJedi, True at Bakura, the Corellian Trilogy, the Han Solo Trilogy, Dark Empire, KOTOR 1+2, Shadows of the Empire, Jedi Academy books and games... Yes Crystal Star and Darksaber were lackluster to cringe. Yes there were early messes like the Marvel comics and Glove of Vader, but overall, there is no comparison.

But all that said, I wont begrudge anyone for liking the new content. But I never will.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

Anyway, as for Disney, while I liked the MCU a whole bunch, I have to say that overall, I have come to hate Disney over the last few years. They've become the Comcast or EA or Verizon of Hollywood. The own too much and have too much money and power. As a result they feel like they can do whatever they want to any IP they get their grimy, dirty, untrustworthy, despicable hands on. And with the money they have, that's basically any IP they want. Disney is trying to monopolize the industry and they need to be stopped. No company should be allowed to get this big.

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Thrawn Trilogy for life, dood. And the Yuzan Vong (I know I butchered the name) arc is much more exciting than the new films have been.

The new movies remind me of how every few years a new director does their own Batman take. For example, the new Batman trilogy will have Robert Pattinson as Bruce. That batsuit better sparkle, or preorder cancelled.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer I think Batman is especially bad for reboots. What will this be, the 5th time?

And yeah, Star Wars always had a thing with ridiculous and hard to spell names. lol I only remember Yuuzhan Vong because I recently finished re-reading those books. I actually love how the first half of the series is all the good guys getting their butts kicked left and right to the point that Hoth looked like a win. Something you'd never see now that Disney owns it. And when the EU killed off a main character, it was an epic blaze of glory Chewbacca dying, saving Anakin while a bloody moon fell! Doesn't get more "blaze of Glory" than that! But then in the new canon Han Solo is killed during a hug...

HobbitGamer

What’s you re favorite topic on Nintendo site? Mine is new topic.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer I usually enjoy talking about wishlists.

@Morpheel I totally forgot about the CD and didn't catch anything. XD Though to be honest, I've been pretty burned out on PoGo lately.

Eel

@Heavyarms55 oh it caught me completely off guard, only realized it was today because I got a notification from the game. And got lucky finding the first two shinies with an incense at home.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

Whew this was a good community day, got 4 shiny mudkips, and enough candy to evolve two swamperts.

I caught five, two of which were fairly decent stat-wise. I also accrued enough candy to fully evolve three Mudkip, so I evolved two decent normies and the best shiny. I'm keeping the rest of the shinies as bartering chips. I might trade the other decent shiny to a friend actually.

I was only out for the last hour and a half though. My local PoGo group was running a competition during the event for who could catch the most shinies. The record was fifteen. O_O

@ThanosReXXX I somehow missed that you had a text riddle, but...you're welcome?

Don't forget about sup as well.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Morpheel Nice! I keep my phone on silent as a habit from work. Was home all day (yesterday for me here in Japan) and never bothered to check my phone until I plugged it in before bed to make sure it'd be charged for the next day. Can you tell people don't call me? And I can check most other messages on my PC.

Eel

@Tyranexx oh I have terrible luck with shiny stats. All four were terrible to mediocre. I did manage to get a good regular mudkip to evolve though.

@Heavyarms55 haha I'm kinda the opposite, since I need to stay alert to messages because of work. I don't really get any calls from anyone besides my mom or brother though...

Well there's always the phone scammers, I guess.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TheAwesomeBowser

Seeing Order lose was really damn sad IMHO. Not a single point.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Heavyarms55

@Morpheel That's one thing I am really glad I don't need to worry about. My weekends are mine. On rare cases they need me on a weekend, I always get plenty of notice.

Tyranexx

I normally leave my phone on silent at work unless I'm expecting a call. Sometimes I even shift it into airplane mode to conserve battery when I'm not using it. The problem is, I sometimes forget to kick it out of airplane mode or off silent. XD We're allowed to field personal calls if we get them, but not in excess.

And yes, the spam calls are getting out of hand. That's one of the reasons why I started leaving it on silent again.

@Morpheel My best normal Mudkip was ironically one that hatched from an egg awhile back. I hadn't done anything with it though as they're extremely rare spawns around here, which is why I went a little nuts with Pinap berries. The other decent normie was one that I caught that wasn't quite as good, but still worth it IMO.

I normally don't have much luck with finding decent shinies either, but the two best ones were worth two stars under the new rating system that was pushed in a recent update. Previously, all of my shiny catches either ranged from horrible to mediocre.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

Oh well, yes my weekends are sacred unless they have a very good reason. I also get paid for those situations.

But since I work from home, all our communication is via text, so I rarely silence my phone.

About the new pokemon rating system, it kinda removed some personality from it but it's so much more convenient! I love that you can swipe over to get the next Pokémon on the list rated instantly.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I like the new rating system, but I do agree that it killed the personality of it a little. I was using a third-party tool before called Calcy IV, but it was fussy sometimes. I don't do PvP much, but I do care that nobody is taking any gyms TOO easily....

My weekends are likewise sacred. My manager and the support team can contact me either via Slack or text if it's really needed, but a situation where I have to work on the weekends is extremely rare these days.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic