Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,501 to 31,520 of 31,647

Heavyarms55

@Octane But you are a mod! You can tell the people who do things that us common folk want things! And I am sure it would be a good idea to have a nice page with a list of links to all the things they have already talked about! It'll generate ad revenue and stuff. Plus a title like "A complete list of Nintendo's E3 announcements" or something like that is sure to be a killer in the click department!

I am sure @Alexolney gets like 37,249 notifications a day. So he cannot read them all!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx Where did you find the Sword & Shield segment? I went to watch the videos and found the 4 hour "Day 1" segment, but it started with ACNH and missed that whole Bowser/Trinen intro to the floor and the Pokemon segment somehow!

RE: Fallout, I think that was me telling you about the older ones There's Interplay/Black Isle Fallout (the real ones) and then there's the survival-game Failout that Bethesda makes (a mockery of the original.) The originals are beautiful classics (if very rusty in gameplay.) 1 & 2 are "Real" Fallout. Some people like 3&4....I really don't. THey're ok, but they aren't Fallout. The humor, mood, and dark parody are all gone and replaced with pure survival horror.

What you might like, though, showed in the XBox show, was The Outer Worlds, and Wasteland 3. The Outer Worlds was billed as "from the original makers of Fallout" (beautifully timed after the FO76 disaster.) it's Obsidian, 1/2 of the old Interplay/Black Isle team (Feargus Urquhart runs the studio) and is an alien-world new IP that makes up "Fallout if we were still making it" kind of vibes.

Wasteland 3 is from inExile (Brian Fargo, the original founder of Interplay and original actual creator of Fallout's studio) - Fallout 1 was actually Wasteland 2 but he changed the universe a bit and made it into a new IP. So technically Fallout 2 was Wasteland 3....and thus in a sense Wasteland 3 is technically the real Fallout 4.....

Both studios are owned by Microsoft now, so I don't know what platforms it will be on. I'm guessing XBox, Switch, and PC if this E3 is anything to go by. Maybe no Switch for Outer Worlds, but Wasteland 2 is already on Switch, so there's that.... (albeit, the port isn't very good apparently.)

The first Watch_Dogs is definitely OK but I did hear the WiiU port wasn't so hot. But the game was just "ok". Worth playing for cheap but nothing amazingly memorable. 2 really redesigned it.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Hey, don’t forget New Vegas! That one felt closer to the old days with Obsidian doing it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Yeah, New Vegas is real since it's Obsidian. Bethesda oversight, but, yeah it had the old crew back and they made it to be "their" type of Fallout.

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfish

@Morpheel Haven't seen that video in a good few years. Almost forgot about it.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Morpheel

His newer videos are really good

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Huh? That's no Classic Mini at all...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Nintendo Treehouse, just moments ago:
Untitled

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

Weird, that must be a secret level in Blast Corps, because I don’t remember it in the main campaign.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - It was a joke in reference to the video. I’m a slow and often distracted typist. You slipped in with your funny image before I finished. In Blast Corps, I don’t remember being able to control a giant, octopus like, death dealing N64.

bimmy-lee

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah, okay. I kinda already figured it was some belated reaction to something else...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - It wasn’t a very good joke anyways. I just did the internet thing of saying something even though I didn’t have much to say. Ah well, that only means I’m due for a real zinger.

bimmy-lee

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Your jokes are bad and you should feel bad.jpg

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - All right, that’s it, next time we Smash; I’m done pulling punches. I’ll break out my early access Banjo Kazooie and rip stuff up with my giant bear claws. My uncle works for Microsoft.

Actually... slinking away in shame.gif.

bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee

I’m officially in a slump. Bad joke, six baby oak trees I had inside died over the last few days, and I just froze three beers trying to get them cold in the freezer. It’s bad around here.

bimmy-lee

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee oh man, that’s a rough string indeed. Are they super dead though?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Nintendo Treehouse, just moments ago:
Untitled

Yep, witnessed this live. I had actually stepped away from my desk for a few moments and came back to total silence on my headphones. I brought the stream back up and saw that message. I love weird "We're having issues" messages like that. XD They said that they'd lost power for a moment when they came back on air. I'm guessing a breaker was tripped somewhere. It went out when they were demoing New Super Lucky's Tale.

@NEStalgia I'm kind of late with this one, but here's yesterday's Pokemon segment if you haven't seen it:

I actually do think that you were the one to tell me the differences between "old" and "new" Fallout games. I think the survival horror aspect is what drives me away from the newer ones. It makes it feel too much like other similar games for my liking. I much prefer horror games where you're vulnerable and they make you think, not the ones where you're just blasting everything away with a big ol' gun.

I'll have to look more into The Outer Worlds and Wasteland 3. The former somewhat caught my interest, but I didn't look at it in-depth. I admittedly skipped the latter as I didn't think it would be suited to my tastes. Looks like I need to give it another look.

Barring a couple of "maybes", I think I'm finally done picking up physical Wii/Wii U games for the time being. It'll probably be mostly VC and a digital Wii entry or two at this point. I'm still toying with getting the original Xenoblade Chronicles off of the eshop since that's by far the cheapest option right now.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer Man I want New Vegas on Switch. Don't even care that I'd be buying it for the 3rd time. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic