Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,741 to 30,760 of 96,530

HobbitGamer

That Dratini is just candy waiting to get made. So essentially Pokémon are all cannibals, right?

Got the quote for that repair, @ThanosReXXX. Only $65! Dropping it off for an hour Wednesday morning.
And I managed to secure getting my department off on Friday. Double score!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Oh, guys...
Look what i played just now ! 😀
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel I think you were a bit too proactive in closing that thread with that guy wanting to know more about the Switch and its various controllers. There were several people calling him out for trolling, but before that, I was having a normal and polite discussion with him, as were a couple of other people, and he seemed to be genuinely interested and thankful for our input, so it was a bit weird to come back to that topic only to find out that it was locked...

@HobbitGamer I'm gonna assume, because of your enthusiasm, that it's quite cheap. I don't have a car,
so I wouldn't know. And of course, it probably also depends on car brand and what not, so it's basically all Spanish to me.

But regardless, glad to hear that you got a good deal. And besides: lower costs for car repair means more money left over for nice things...

@Anti-Matter Looks okayish. The head of that blue robot looks suspiciously similar to Autobot leader Optimus Prime, though...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Yeah, I figured as much, because the most offending thing I could fine, was the Smurf comment, which was still okay in my book. As for the rest, still a shame, though. I don't know if you read all the comments before the bomb went off, because it was really not abusive in any way.

And since you deleted it, I don't know what happened or who started, but what is still in there, is two people calling him out for being a troll, while there was no sign of that whatsoever in any of his initial comments, and/or the interaction that I and the others had with him. I probably wouldn't fly off the handle because of people calling me that, but I sure as heck wouldn't appreciate it either.

Oh, well...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

Well, he started his thread calling every switch owner a casual with smurf hands. That's not exactly friendly.

However, the comment that I deleted was a lot more direct, and something you would rather see in 4chan or reddit, not here.

Mind you, it wasn't like profanity oy anything like that, just plain rudeness.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Well, no offense, but if you didn't see the irony of that, then you've got very tender skin, my friend.

He literally just said that HE doesn't have small hands and that HE isn't a Smurf:

...However I do not like the Switches Joy Cons, they are made for tiny little hands. If I was a smurf it would have been perfect. Interestingly enough I am not.

That other people interpret that as him calling them Smurfs, is definitely more the people's wrongful interpretation than anything. And the casual gamers thing was also clearly a joke. Maybe a bad one, but still.
No reason for anyone to be offended.

I sure as heck wasn't, and I never interpreted it as such either. Guess I'm not that easily fazed, or maybe more in tune with sarcasm, I don't know. But it's all water under the bridge now anyway. Sure must have been one of the quickest transformations from new subscriber to being banned that we've seen on here in a long time...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

That is irrelevant. I did not ban him for that.

And if he were to ask, we would probably unban him. But he did rub me the wrong way from the first post.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Meh, I just think the whole thing went from zero to weird too quickly to be accidental.
And I did see that post. It was in quite bad taste.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel No offense again, but did you never consider that your immediate snarky reply might also not have been very conducive to the situation?

Like I said: I never saw anything insulting in his initial comment, he had actual, sincere questions, and he closed his comment with a genuine and polite wish, so maybe he started slightly sarcastic, and came off a bit brash with the whole anti-censorship bit, but still. I would never have taken the time and go through the trouble to post pictures and web links, if I even for a single second would have suspected that he was out to troll us or something along those lines.

And he also replied back to me, several times, in a completely normal way, so besides the whole removed insults bit, I'm just not seeing it, sorry.

Eh, I'll just give it a rest now. Had a REALLY bad day today, and I don't want that to influence my mood (or anyone else's) even more than it already has. I'm no mod, you are, so that's all there is to it. I'll come to terms with it, once the dark storm cloud that now hangs over my head is gone. Probably tomorrow...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Sucks about the terrible day. Hope tomorrow is better!
And please don't snap your fingers.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Thanks. And no worries: the glove is wrecked, remember?

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX play some games, maybe that'll cheer you up. And.....did we just have a avenger end game spoiler?? 😉 I haven't seen it yet and you may or may not have pulled an anti on that one thanos lol

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

He totally did! Hahaha.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

And for all the smack he gives anti for blowing endings lol. Good thing my wife didn't see this post lol, she gets more aggravated with spoilers than i do, but still, I was going to watch it when it hits DVD. Now i know, but it wont ruin the movie for me or anything. Wish I could've seen it in theaters but she and I rarely find time to get out these days

Edit: read comment #32,203 and the very last paragraph to anti, That's classic!!!

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@RedderRugfish I'll see your 90 and raise you crazy amounts of humidity. I have to cut the lawn tomorrow after work i think. Can't wait.

Think I'm a liar too 😁

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I mowed my lava yesterday. It was 96. I died a little bit inside. But at least it’s not Spain, and my dog’s presents didn’t burst into flames all over.

#MudStrongs

gcunit

@BacklogBlues I enjoyed your SMM2 thread while it lasted

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

"However I do not like the Switches Joy Cons, they are made for tiny little hands. If I was a smurf it would have been perfect."

My fingers are long, not a Smurf hand but can use Joy Cons very well.

Anti-Matter

CurryPowderKeg79

Thanks, @gcunit i thought it was a little humorous. But in all honesty it's not really a bad thing to have different articles for different aspects/features of the game. As you can just click on the article you want. Instead of reading/searching through endless paragraphs to find what you want.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic