Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,721 to 30,740 of 96,519

Luna_110

Yeah. It was already happening back when I was more active (2016 I think) but since I’ve started visiting these forums again I’ve seen it’s more than back then.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

HobbitGamer

Post-E3 combined with (at least USA) summer time means kids have alooot of free time.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

Post-E3 combined with (at least USA) summer time means kids have alooot of free time.

Yep. Pretty much this. XD

@ThanosReXXX Right. By one-shot, I was referring to The Killing Joke, which slipped my mind in an earlier post when thinking through recent DC reading.

I used to not care for Bane (and, as much as I liked the Dark Knight movie trilogy, didn't feel like the character shined there) but changed my tune a bit when digging into the comic lore. The guy is definitely an interesting character!

That said, my favorite interpretation of the DC universe as a whole is still currently the DCAU and its characterizations.

ThanosReXXX wrote:

If and when you'll get to using the resource, and you have any questions on the how and what, you'll know where to find me.

Begins saving for a plane ticket to Amsterdam =3

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Haha, you'd be more than welcome. Maybe we can have an NLife drinking party on an Amsterdam canal boat with @bimmy-lee. We'd certainly have more than enough to talk about.

Agreed on the DCAU, by the way. Lots of great cartoons, and some truly stellar voice acting as well.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Ooo! I could be the captain and master of ceremonies since I don’t drink!!

My favorite Batman villain is tough to pick, but I’d probably have to go with Hush.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Hush? Don't know that one, so he/she must have appeared in the comics after my self-imposed abstinence.

On a side note: didn't know you also had a taste for visiting Amsterdam, otherwise I would definitely have included you, so consider yourself retroactively added to the list...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

You know what, go ahead and order beers for Hobbit anyways, and I’ll make sure they see a fitting end.

@ThanosReXXX - Ernie sounds cool. I’ll take a look, thanks for the resources. While I haven’t seen the particular movie you mentioned (though I believe it is streaming and I’ll keep it in mind), I can definitely relate to that feeling of getting sucked into something unexpected in the post sports blasé. When I was young, there would always be some kind of action or western movie on after an NFL game. I’d just phase out of football and into something like The Dirty Dozen or Death Wish. My dad didn’t watch much NFL, but he’d sometimes watch the post game movie with me, especially if it was a Clint Eastwood flick. Once in a while it would be a Bruce Lee movie. Good times.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Haha, yeah, those are all classics, far as I'm concerned. However, if it wasn't clear already, I specifically meant getting sucked into movies that you'd otherwise never watch. That's why I also used the label art house. Normally, that's SO far from what I'm usually looking for, that I wouldn't even give most of these movies a second glance, let alone watch them from start to finish.

So, the experience is almost what I'd call alien to my general/normal self, if that makes any sense. Almost like getting to know another aspect of myself, as in "hey, I never knew this stuff could actually be interesting as well".

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Hush came about I think around 10-12 years ago. Tommy Elliot. He has a lot of interaction with some other villain backstories since he grew up with Bruce. I think you’d like it. Apparently there’s an animated movie of it this year. I kinda fall off and on comics and only really dig the Batman and Alien series anyway. Oh and of course the Robotech comics. I was even given the Batman Reborn graphic novel for Christmas. Haven’t cracked into it yet.

@bimmy-lee Yes, see that they’re put to good use on my behalf 😂

#MudStrongs

SheldonRandoms

It's almost been a year since someone reported me on Overwatch for revving up an ice wall on the way to the capture objective like pretty much all Mei players do once. They thought I would've been sent to the shadow realm by now, however, Blizzard must've been too busy with their phones to send me to such a place.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx

I don't mind knocking one or two back, but I don't consider myself a heavy drinker and in fact have never been inebriated. XD I don't even commonly drink outside of special occasions (like weddings) or certain holidays. I've never needed a ride home at any rate.

Hush is indeed an interesting character and one that I don't believe has appeared in the animated canon to my knowledge. I wasn't even aware of the villain until I stumbled across a side mission in Batman: Arkham City that featured the guy. Definitely one of the more twisted rogues out there.

Hmm, I just checked, and apparently an animated film featuring the villain is due to release this year.

Edit: Hobbit apparently covered a lot of this info already. XD That's what I get for forgetting to refresh after checking a notification an hour or two beforehand.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Haha, Yep. I beat ya to it all! 😜 I thought it was pretty neat that he showed up in the game. When I came across the first investigation, I started hitting my friend and yelling “It’s Hush! Hush is in here!!” I was only mildly pleased 😂

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

I did get to see Toy Story 4 this evening. It was pretty good overall, though it isn't my favorite movie in the franchise. I'd definitely watch it again.

@HobbitGamer "Mildly" pleased, huh? Hush was probably my favorite "new" discovery in the game, though Calendar Man was a close second. Most of the other villains I was familiar with in some way, shape, or form.

Unfortunately, Arkham City (the Armored Edition on Wii U) is the only game in that series that I've played, though I've also watched a full playthrough of Arkham Asylum. I should probably hunt down Arkham Origins at some point and would also like an opportunity to play Arkham Knight. ...Maybe they'll make the jump to Switch?

Zuljaras

@Tyranexx I hope the Arkham series come to the Switch. I have played Origins, Asylum and City. Inly Knight left. The Gotay edition is also very cheap here.

If it plays like Darksiders on the Switch it will be perfect.

The one thing I did not like in City and find it funny how Batman cared more for the Joker at the end and not Talia.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Toy Story 4 ending was like cliffhanger.
I mean, it might have a big potential for Toy Story 5, the continuation of Bonnie's future and her toys.

Okay, spoiler alert.
The way of Toy Story 4 ended was quite disappointing. I mean, it was so sudden to end the story like that. Woody suddenly chose to stay with Bo and depart from his gang, leave his gang went with Bonnie. I was thinking the ending like that might be lead to another sequel (Toy Story 5). My crazy thought about Toy Story 5 will be like this.Toy Story 5 will focus on Bonnie's teenhood, she will pack all her toys from Andy and eventually the toys will return to Andy as adult with his wife and his kid, all the toys and Woody will stay together again. Andy's kid will be the new owner of Andy's toys

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Zuljaras @Tyranexx I would also snag the Arkham series on Switch! I had a great time with each of them.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Does kinda sound like they retro-fitted the character into the Batman universe, in my opinion. On the one hand, if it's done right, and from the sound of it, they did, then it works, but on the other hand, if the character was already always a part of a main character's world, you'd have to wonder why it took so long for them to come into being and/or why (in this case) Bruce Wayne never noticed it happening.

I mean: if he could have prevented Bane from coming into existence, he probably would have done that as well. Would have saved him from a hell of a lot of trouble...

As for only reading/being interested in a small selection of comics: I'd almost say that's impressive. Back in the day, I was like a kid in a candy store, eyes lighting up at all those wonderful cover art images. Good thing that I still lived with my parents, so I could spend way more money on it, than I would be able to do now. But there are SO many, many series and publishers. There's not just DC and Marvel, you know?

So, for me, it would really be all but impossible, so that's why I ultimately chose to go cold turkey and pull the plug completely, rip the band aid off and so on.

@Tyranexx Eh, you can have root beer, or whatever else is your poison. I'm not a heavy drinker either.
I know my limits, and I never get completely wasted or anything, like some people for some weird reason like to do. I'm more of an enjoyer of good food and drinks, but I still want to be clear-headed enough, to experience and enjoy all of it, so chugging down a keg of beer isn't really the way to go about that...
I guess I shouldn't have used the label 'drinking party', which probably gave you that idea, but to be honest, I wouldn't know what else to call it, because it is what they call it over here. The Dutch are pretty well-known for their, shall we say, culinary (read: Burgundian) boat trips, so there's always food and drinks on board.

@Anti-Matter Glad to see you finally get the point about not spoiling things for those who haven't seen some of the latest movies yet.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yeah Hush was added in around 10-12 years ago, I think. But it was done fairly well.
When I was a kid I was into more reading books than comics. I devoured those Goosebumps books from the first time it came out. I'd get a new one for good grades.

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

Ugh...
I have to force myself to work with my Boxers design on my PC after several months being wasted for playing video games. 😫
Right now i'm making curves for my Boxers with Corel Draw X5. I have to right and left click, drag the cursor, trim, weld, intersect the curves, drop the color, working with outline.
Kinda tedious but i have to do it.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

(completes quest in Pokémon Go)

Me: Oh a dratini. Cool. Oh it's stats suck. Too bad.

(trades it for candy immediately)

The professor: "ah a dratini! Why don't you walk with it and evolve it? That's your new mission! "

Me: Oh no.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic